PDA

View Full Version : Crunch time in Oklahoma - Vote Reminder for Tuesday July 29th!

scrosnoe
07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
R3PUBLICANS (http://www.r3publican.com)
Encourage You to Get Out and Vote in the Primary Election Tuesday, July 29th!

Multiply your vote by adding relevant information to this document then pass it on to your friends and neighbors.

Add information about your local races and share the information via email or by phone or over the back fence.

Who are R3PUBLICANS?

R3PUBLICANS are dedicated to electing constitutional, freedom loving patriots and taking back our government! We must all work together and stay connected in order to make this happen. If you want to stay in touch with our efforts on an ongoing basis please link up on R3publicans.

For the complete post and some candidate links and information see our post here on Freeople (http://www.freeople.com/blog/crunch-time-oklahoma-be-sure-vote-tuesday-july-29th-primary/928).

please share and dig as you deem appropriate! thanks!!

[Note: this is a repost to correct feeds which had a bad date in the title/ date in title of post has been corrected also]/sc

Maximus
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
You guys still haven't voted?

scrosnoe
07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
You guys still haven't voted?

In Oklahoma we have the presidential primary behind us. This is the non presidential (ie all other races) primary for us on July 29th.

scrosnoe
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
for the night shift and early am voters!

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
You know how hot it is. You see the way signs have been appearing, and have been reappearing after getting stolen. If you're in town, you may have gotten a flier or a Tulsa Beacon to your home. It's o.k. if you haven't been helping us with that.

It's not o.k. if you don't bother to go vote for Sally Bell. You know what Randi Miller is. We have an opportunity and need to seize it. Polls are open until seven. See you there!

scrosnoe
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Here's to Andrew Winningham!

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Here's to Andrew Winningham!

*clink* *drink*

Truth Warrior
07-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Bell's Park got "politicked". :p

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Bell's Park got "politicked". :p

And she's out to get the person responsible fired and take her job! w00t!!

Truth Warrior
07-29-2008, 08:18 AM
And she's out to get the person responsible fired and take her job! w00t!!
When you bet and stake the family business on "public" land and under "political" whim and corruption, ya just kinda get what ya get. :rolleyes: :(

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 08:30 AM
When you bet and stake the family business on "public" land and under "political" whim and corruption, ya just kinda get what ya get. :rolleyes: :(

And if I have anything to say about it, what she'll get next is elected! They paid rent, the water park didn't, but they (a tradition since before I was born) got kicked out. If government can't be just it has to go--either person by person or...

P.S. Oklahoma is interesting indeed. Everyone pays lip service to neoconism yet there's a libertarian streak here that runs hard and deep. Could we be the cradle of the revolution? Doesn't seem like it 'till you look a little deeper...

Truth Warrior
07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
And if I have anything to say about it, what she'll get next is elected! They paid rent, the water park didn't, but they (a tradition since before I was born) got kicked out. If government can't be just it has to go--either person by person or...

P.S. Oklahoma is interesting indeed. Everyone pays lip service to neoconism yet there's a libertarian streak here that runs hard and deep. Could we be the cradle of the revolution? Doesn't seem like it 'till you look a little deeper... Government CAN'T be just.<IMHO> They just do some meaningless crap and then merely CALL it "justice". :p

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
VOTE BOMB for SALLY TODAY!

scrosnoe
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Turnout could be low and margins could be slim - don't let any okies on this forum forget to vote today - call 'em and email 'em until you get the right answer. Polls are open until 7PM!

Truth Warrior
07-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Darn, missed it again. :D Did anyone lose by one vote? :rolleyes:

acptulsa
07-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Wish there was a YouTube of Jefferson Airplane's song Volunteers of America as it would be a good soundtrack for good news. Some of you are old enough to remember that the comic character Mike Doonsbury is from Oklahoma. This got decided when Oklahoma went through a major scandal involving crooked county commissioners--saying Mike was from our state gave Garry Trudeau a chance to poke fun at us. Well, when Bell's Amusement Park was shut down people woke up.

Bell's may not have been a Six Flags, but it was sufficiently a Tulsa tradition that I (who is six foot three has nearly as many gray hairs as brown) remember being frustrated that I couldn't stretch myself out to three feet so I would be allowed to ride the wooden roller coaster Zingo. People familiar with Tulsa who have been gone a few years are no doubt shocked to learn it's gone.

The ringleader in getting Bell's kicked out of it's long-held place on our county fairgrounds was county commissioner Randi Miller. Now, I'm not saying she's crooked. I'm just saying that Bell's was kicked out after decades and decades of very low profit community service for being late with the rent a few times, while the water park at another corner of the fairgrounds is still there despite being over a year late with the rent. That water park also stood the most to gain from Bell's demise.

So, when Sally Bell of the family defeated incumbent Randi Miller, it didn't surprise a lot of people. This one was high profile, and it was easy to find people who were disgusted. But there's more to the story than that. Sally Bell is also a candidate who believes in liberty, less government, free enterprise and the American Dream. So, the local Ron Paul Meetup offered her our help. And we gave 'till we were seriously dehydrated (mighty hot down here).

How much did we help and how much is a given? Don't know. On the one hand, people were disgusted. On the other hand, midsummer primaries often go overlooked and we can't know how much lower turnout would have been if there weren't so many signs decorating this city--not to mention literature delivered to the homes of very, very nearly every registered Republican in her district. In any case, we feel there's room for us to claim some credit, as Randi Miller outspent Sally Bell by a dollar margin of five to one and Bell beat Miller by a vote margin of five to one! Five to one!

Some candidates turned their noses up at our help, as they feared being associated with our favorite Texas "kook". Sally Bell gave us a chance to prove ourselves--and I think we stepped up and gave our Ron Paul Meetup a good brand name and the foundation for a good reputation. Advocate freedom and liberty and you get instant grassroots.

We beat the money. It required time, toil, tears, a lot of sweat and even a little blood (one canvasser got stung by a bee) but we helped Sally Bell beat the money. And you can too.

We're not winning as fast as we'd like, but we're winning. The political landscape of this nation is changing. And, yes landscaping is hard, hot, dirty work but oh, is it beautiful when you're done. Whose nation is it, anyway?

Truth Warrior
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Wish there was a YouTube of Jefferson Airplane's song Volunteers of America as it would be a good soundtrack for good news. Some of you are old enough to remember that the comic character Mike Doonsbury is from Oklahoma. This got decided when Oklahoma went through a major scandal involving crooked county commissioners--saying Mike was from our state gave Garry Trudeau a chance to poke fun at us. Well, when Bell's Amusement Park was shut down people woke up.

Bell's may not have been a Six Flags, but it was sufficiently a Tulsa tradition that I (who is six foot three has nearly as many gray hairs as brown) remember being frustrated that I couldn't stretch myself out to three feet so I would be allowed to ride the wooden roller coaster Zingo. People familiar with Tulsa who have been gone a few years are no doubt shocked to learn it's gone.

The ringleader in getting Bell's kicked out of it's long-held place on our county fairgrounds was county commissioner Randi Miller. Now, I'm not saying she's crooked. I'm just saying that Bell's was kicked out after decades and decades of very low profit community service for being late with the rent a few times, while the water park at another corner of the fairgrounds is still there despite being over a year late with the rent. That water park also stood the most to gain from Bell's demise.

So, when Sally Bell of the family defeated incumbent Randi Miller, it didn't surprise a lot of people. This one was high profile, and it was easy to find people who were disgusted. But there's more to the story than that. Sally Bell is also a candidate who believes in liberty, less government, free enterprise and the American Dream. So, the local Ron Paul Meetup offered her our help. And we gave 'till we were seriously dehydrated (mighty hot down here).

How much did we help and how much is a given? Don't know. On the one hand, people were disgusted. On the other hand, midsummer primaries often go overlooked and we can't know how much lower turnout would have been if there weren't so many signs decorating this city--not to mention literature delivered to the homes of very, very nearly every registered Republican in her district. In any case, we feel there's room for us to claim some credit, as Randi Miller outspent Sally Bell by a dollar margin of five to one and Bell beat Miller by a vote margin of five to one! Five to one!

Some candidates turned their noses up at our help, as they feared being associated with our favorite Texas "kook". Sally Bell gave us a chance to prove ourselves--and I think we stepped up and gave our Ron Paul Meetup a good brand name and the foundation for a good reputation. Advocate freedom and liberty and you get instant grassroots.

We beat the money. It required time, toil, tears, a lot of sweat and even a little blood (one canvasser got stung by a bee) but we helped Sally Bell beat the money. And you can too.

We're not winning as fast as we'd like, but we're winning. The political landscape of this nation is changing. And, yes landscaping is hard, hot, dirty work but oh, is it beautiful when you're done. Whose nation is it, anyway?
The bankster's, bought and paid for. ;)

acptulsa
07-30-2008, 08:07 AM
The bankster's, bought and paid for. ;)

Guess we'll just have to steal it, then. Is stealing stolen goods from the thief a sin?

Truth Warrior
07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Guess we'll just have to steal it, then. Is stealing stolen goods from the thief a sin?

Not in my book. ;) I call it REVOLUTION!

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

;)