PDA

View Full Version : Please don't do this.

MicroBalrog
08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I've spoken to some people who are mainsream conservatives, and several of them pointed this problem out.

No calling talk radio and ranting like semi-intelligent madmen. If you can't make a cogent argument in a few polite words, DON'T CALL AT ALL.

We know enough to be polite and well-dressed when canvassing for votes. We should do the same while calling talk radio.

It annoys listeners, and - rightly or not - it will be seen as reflecting badly on Ron.

I know this has a chance of triggering a flame war.

I'm not imposing my ideas on you on you, but please,please don't do this? Okay?

Pauliana
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Seconded.

nullvalu
08-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I'd tend to agree.. If you're going to call into a show, have an actual point to make.. If you're trying to dup the screener, then at least have an intelligent way to tie the current topic of discussion into Ron Paul. I've heard a number of people call into shows (even CSPAN) and sound like complete stoners unable to convey even the simplest of messages.. Please, be prepared.. even write down what you're going to say if you have to.. :D

MicroBalrog
08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I'd tend to agree.. If you're going to call into a show, have an actual point to make.. If you're trying to dup the screener, then at least have an intelligent way to tie the current topic of discussion into Ron Paul. I've heard a number of people call into shows (even CSPAN) and sound like complete stoners unable to convey even the simplest of messages.. Please, be prepared.. even write down what you're going to say if you have to.. :D

Exactly my point. A lot of GOP friends I have ar turned off by this stuff.

EvilEngineer
08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Actually they are using this to their advantage, but it's not that well spoken people aren't calling as well, it's just that the call screener purposely only let the in-articulate callers through. This allows them to make easier targets of us.

Triton
08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Not just on Talk Radio - but anywhere in public. If you have a conspiracy theory that you just can't hold in, post it here if you need catharsis.

ronpaulhawaii
08-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Agreed, I heard a real winner the other day.

Host-, "what do you like about RP?"

caller -"he wants to get rid of the IRS, I hate the IRS"

Host - "How will he do that?"

Caller - "uhhh, I dunno..."

and it got worse. What was really a bummer, was that the host seemed sympathetic and was trying to lead the caller, but the guy just sounded worse, and worse.

My cynical side wonders if the guy was a plant?

I agree, best not to call without an outline of your msg

my $00.02

Kuldebar
08-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmm, semi-articulate people put your tastefully discriminating GOP friends off, eh?

I guess they must have given George W. Bush a waiver on that score.

Tell you what I'd do if I was the opposition, I'd act like a Ron Paul supporter and make a fool of myself on a radio talk show just for a hoot.

Akus
08-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Agreed, I heard a real winner the other day.

Host-, "what do you like about RP?"

caller -"he wants to get rid of the IRS, I hate the IRS"

Host - "How will he do that?"

Caller - "uhhh, I dunno..."

and it got worse. What was really a bummer, was that the host seemed sympathetic and was trying to lead the caller, but the guy just sounded worse, and worse.

My cynical side wonders if the guy was a plant?

I agree, best not to call without an outline of your msg

my $00.02

In case you're asked this and you actually don't know how he'll do that, just explain that you don't necessarily know all the fine mechanics of Presidents giving out orders, but you do know that the income tax is only a 1/3 of the entire Unites States government income and that there will be no catastrophy in eliminating IRS. Refer to www.ronpaullibrary.com too, of course.

Akus
08-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I've spoken to some people who are mainsream conservatives, and several of them pointed this problem out.

No calling talk radio and ranting like semi-intelligent madmen. If you can't make a cogent argument in a few polite words, DON'T CALL AT ALL.

We know enough to be polite and well-dressed when canvassing for votes. We should do the same while calling talk radio.

It annoys listeners, and - rightly or not - it will be seen as reflecting badly on Ron.

I have stated that previously also. Promote, educate and raise awareness, but do not spam. Especially don't call Hannity radio and whoever that other idiot who told everyone to call Ron Paul's office saying he won't win. We can't be viewed as trolls.

Revolution9
08-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Not just on Talk Radio - but anywhere in public. If you have a conspiracy theory that you just can't hold in, post it here if you need catharsis.

So..no discussing the IRS, the FedRes, why we went into Iraq, a war with Iran, the neocon starnglehold, Israel, abortion, the RP media blackout or most any part of RP's explosive charge to be set off under the oligarchic money powers. Ok<snark>

Didja see that conspiracy theory turn into a series of connect the dots facts over in the Clifton Coalition thread.. Methinks you do not give credit to historian researchers of onging crimnal enterprises for having intelligence..

You guys are toooooooo much.

Randy

thomj76
08-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Back to the point :)

Be prepared if you call in...I have several personas when I call in, and Brooklyn Guy doesnt say the same things as the word juggler, or Johnny A (that dudes a real character)

Seriously though, be prepared.

Thunderbolt
08-30-2007, 02:11 AM

richard1984
08-30-2007, 03:29 AM

I agree.

And that's why so many of us (Ron Paul supporters) have spent so much time on the internet--EDUCATION!!! When I first learned about Dr. Paul, I knew why I agreed with him, but I wasn't able to defend him adequately. But now I have more weapons in my arsenal, and I am prepared to take on the world!!!

Gotta love the internet!