PDA

View Full Version : Killed For Their Liberal Views

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Lovely folks, lovely. (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/07/28/tn-church-gunman-killed-over-churchs-liberal-views/)

The Christian faith is a model of excellence.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Kade, he didn't kill them because he was a Christian; he killed them because he was out of his fucking mind.

brandon
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
This is why I'm proud to be a Christian. We are the only people with enough balls to fight the evil satanic liberals.

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Kade, he didn't kill them because he was a Christian; he killed them because he was out of his fucking mind.

He killed them because they were not the right kind of Christian.

The media bias in this is even more interesting. If this was a liberal shooting up a conservative church, this would be a 24/7 news cycle.

Fox has yet to even report that a motive was found.

And no, this guy was apparently normal... just really ticked off about gays and liberals.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM

The media bias in this is even more interesting. If this was a liberal shooting up a conservative church, this would be a 24/7 news cycle.

And no, this guy was apparently normal... just really ticked off about gays and liberals.

No one in their right mind commits that crime. His actions are not the actions of a sane, well-adjusted man.

Yes, his political beliefs influenced his selection of target, but his faith and politics didn't cause him to kill those people.

He killed them because he was a nutter, not because he was a Christian.

votefreedomfirst
07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Um I don't know if this guy would identify himself as "Christian".

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5463260&page=1

Karen Massey, a neighbor to Adkisson, told the Knoxville News Sentinel about a lengthy conversation she had with Adkisson a few years ago in which she told him her daughter had just graduated from a Bible college. She said she was surprised by his reaction when she told him she was a Christian.

"He almost turned angry," she told the newspaper. "He seemed to get angry at that. He said that everything in the Bible contradicts itself if you read it." She also said Adkisson spoke frequently about his parents, who "made him go to church all his life. … He acted like he was forced to do that."

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
No one in their right mind commits that crime. His actions are not the actions of a sane, well-adjusted man.

Yes, his political beliefs influenced his selection of target, but his faith and politics didn't cause him to kill those people.

He killed them because he was a nutter, not because he was a Christian.

No one in their right mind sets a person on fire upside down and naked... right?

Where is your proof that he was a "nutter"... simply because you can't digest that this might have been an insane response to a ultimate conclusion of revealed faith.

They are all nutters in my opinion. That one goes extra batshit is no surprise. Just listen to Theocrat's dream of the bloodbath... I mean, give me a break.

He's a nutter to us if he says he spoke to god or whatever, but this man killed those people because he did not like their views of the world. That is enough for me.

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Um I don't know if this guy would identify himself as "Christian".

That's the spin bubbling up. He was angry because the daughter was probably "unclean"... or some other nonsense.

The same spin happened when the last "nutter" shot up the Colorado Springs Church..

Both the gun advocates and the religious right got in on the play... pretending someone with a gun stopped the evil liberal...when in reality the clown shot himself, and was very much a whacked out fundie...

This is stacked nonsense. The spin in this country is out of control. Women drowning their children, speaking to devils, men shooting up churches, and people like Rudolph bombing abortion clinics and gay nightclubs... It's always science and nature to explain it when it isn't a good result..

But if it's a good thing, like say, a car explosion where a pious mother of four survives, "godddit".

It makes me sick.

micahnelson
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't think we have enough info either way. I am reading two different stories about the same event. When his letter comes out we'll know.

I tend to think if this guy was the typical anti-christian type, he wouldn't have targeted such a "secular" church he had no involvement with.

votefreedomfirst
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
That's the spin. He was angry because the daughter was probably "unclean"... or some other nonsense.

Exactly how does saying that "everything in the Bible contradicts itself" make him a Christian? If that is spin what does that make your blind assertion?

Please stop making atheists/agnostics look bad. I don't want you speaking for me. Thanks.

signed,

a non-religious person who doesn't feel the need to be militant about it

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Exactly how does saying that "everything in the Bible contradicts itself" make him a Christian? If that is spin what does that make your blind assertion?

Please stop making atheists/agnostics look bad. Most of us don't want you speaking for us. Thanks.

That is speaking for us.

I'm mild compared to some others.

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Please stop making atheists/agnostics look bad. I don't want you speaking for me. Thanks.

signed,

a non-religious person who doesn't feel the need to be militant about it

And this unnerves me... still.

You have no idea what I am or what I do for non-believers in this country. Without people like myself, you probably wouldn't even have the balls to publicly express your atheism.

So sulk and whine about "militant atheists" all you want... you have no freaking clue.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
And this unnerves me... still.

You have no idea what I am or what I do for non-believers in this country. Without people like myself, you probably wouldn't even have the balls to publicly express your atheism.

So sulk and whine about "militant atheists" all you want... you have no freaking clue.

C'mon now, don't eat your own.

Can't we just agree that this guy was not rational, regardless of the nuances of his motivation, and wait for more info?

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
C'mon now, don't eat your own.

Can't we just agree that this guy was not rational, regardless of the nuances of his motivation, and wait for more info?

Okay.

For being Fundamentalist Christian, he was irrational.
For killing based on people's views, he was doubleplusirrational.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Okay.

For killing based on people's views, he was doubleplusirrational.

Okay, I'm hip with that.

123tim
07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5463260&page=1

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM

A winner.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Like I said, he was crazy. He blamed the gays and the liberals for his unemployment. This is not a rational man.

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Like I said, he was crazy. He blamed the gays and the liberals for his unemployment. This is not a rational man.

Wasn't he a trucker?

Kade
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Are these people rational (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92723JO0&show_article=1)?

yongrel
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Are these people rational (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92723JO0&show_article=1)?

No, but they're also not killing innocent people. Comparing the frequent silliness of religion to the brutal act of murder is nonsense.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Okay two MAJOR points here...

Adkisson, an out-of-work mechanical engineer, left a four-page letter in his car in the church parking lot in which he railed against liberals and the fact that he had been unable to get a job since 2006. Owen said Adkisson was also angry that his food stamps were about to be reduced or eliminated.

What?!

And...the doozy:

Despite the presence of the children, Owen said, "There was an indication he was not targeting the children." No children were injured in the barrage.

That does not sound like a fully irrational man to me... it sounds like a Christian who hates liberals.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying this "insane" thing... this guy was collected, calculating, and prepared.

The guy who shot the kids at the Amish school was much more unstable than this guy.

LibertyEagle
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM

None of us here likes FOX news. Or at least I haven't heard of one yet. So, you're kind of preaching to the choir about them. But, you certainly had to reach quite a bit to backhandedly attack Christianity. Christianity had nothing to do with what that guy did. He was nuts.

Please stop it with the Christian-bashing. It's getting quite old.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
None of us here likes FOX news. Or at least I haven't heard of one yet. So, you're kind of preaching to the choir about them. But, you certainly had to reach quite a bit to backhandedly attack Christianity. Christianity had nothing to do with what that guy did. He was nuts.

Please stop it with the Christian-bashing. It's getting quite old.

I haven't in quite some time. This guy just killed people under the liberal-hating banned, and I'm going too far by pointing that out!?

I know there is bias here, but that is ridiculous!

yongrel
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I haven't in quite some time. This guy just killed people under the liberal-hating banned, and I'm going too far by pointing that out!?

Kade, if Christianity weren't involved in this at all, what would you this guy's actions?

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Kade, if Christianity weren't involved in this at all, what would you this guy's actions?

I would exam the psychology behind it... like the Columbine kids actions... I would try to understand it.. as I understand all things.

I am pointing a fact out, in anticipation of major spin. So far, so good in the media, in regards to spinning this so the delicate sensibilities of the majority don't get up in arms.

Why can't we question the great faith?! Why can't we speak out against this thing... I see it as a vehicle of evil, and I'm suppose to be quiet about how I feel because of how many people are religious and consider it sacred?

LibertyEagle
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Okay.

You just can't miss an opportunity to bash Christians, can you? Even if you have to reach a WHOLE lot. :rolleyes:

Okay two MAJOR points here...

Adkisson, an out-of-work mechanical engineer, left a four-page letter in his car in the church parking lot in which he railed against liberals and the fact that he had been unable to get a job since 2006. Owen said Adkisson was also angry that his food stamps were about to be reduced or eliminated.

What?!

That clinches it. Because everyone knows that only liberals are on food stamps.

j/k :p (Sorry, you deserved that).

And...the doozy:

Despite the presence of the children, Owen said, "There was an indication he was not targeting the children." No children were injured in the barrage.

That does not sound like a fully irrational man to me... it sounds like a Christian who hates liberals.

What does Christianity have to do with it? Rather, it looks to me like something you turned into an opportunity to bash Christianity.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
You just can't miss an opportunity to bash Christians, can you? Even if you have to reach a WHOLE lot. :rolleyes:

That clinches it. Because everyone knows that only liberals are on food stamps.

j/k :p (Sorry, you deserved that).

What does Christianity have to do with it? Rather, it looks to me like something you turned into an opportunity to bash Christianity.

I feel, strongly, that his faith played a role in his choice of targets.

LibertyEagle
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM

IT'S FOX NEWS!! They're TRYING to stir up trouble. That's what they do. That, and be the government's mouthpiece. They're awful, they're horrible and they just plain suck.

Don't listen to them and internalize what they're saying as something that we believe. Because we DON'T.

LibertyEagle
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I feel, strongly, that his faith played a role in his choice of targets.

Christianity does not teach that at all, Kade.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Christianity does not teach that at all, Kade.

Do you consider Theocrat a good Christian?

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I occasionally go to Unitarian services, when and if I actually want to go to a church for legitimate purposes.

This is a personal thing for me.

My question still stands....

Does anyone here, who call themselves Christians, believe that Theocrat, of these boards, is a representative Christian, who understands their teachings?

The answer to this question will validate my entire premise in this thread. Now is your time to speak up.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Kade, it's a mistake to believe that any one person can be representative of Christianity. Religions are so much more than the books they teach, and each individual interprets their faith differently.

Theocrat has said plenty of stuff I disagree with, but I don't project his views onto anyone else who calls themselves Christian.

123tim
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Kade,

I know nothing about Theocrat. But I do know about Ron Paul.
I asked you this question here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1581949#post1581949
but maybe you didn't see it.
Can I ask you again? What do you think about Ron Paul?

I think that Ron Paul acts as a Christian should.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Kade, it's a mistake to believe that any one person can be representative of Christianity. Religions are so much more than the books they teach, and each individual interprets their faith differently.

Theocrat has said plenty of stuff I disagree with, but I don't project his views onto anyone else who calls themselves Christian.

If people here think that Theocrat is a representative of Christianity, as a teacher of the faith himself, than it is all I need to know about this faith... and my point, about the fact that this man's faith helped him choose his targets, is valid.

Regardless of whether some people can claim with impunity that "Christianity does not teach that".

Islam doesn't teach destruction of life either... but nobody in America has a problem with claiming it as an evil religion, especially the White Right.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Kade,

I know nothing about Theocrat. But I do know about Ron Paul.
I asked you this question here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...49#post1581949
but maybe you didn't see it.
Can I ask you again? What do you think about Ron Paul?

I think that Ron Paul acts as a Christian should.

If you look at that thread, I already answered you.

I will link to the answer I gave you... I expect you didn't see it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1583931#post1583931

Andrew-Austin
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
I occasionally go to Unitarian services, when and if I actually want to go to a church for legitimate purposes.

This is a personal thing for me.

My question still stands....

Does anyone here, who call themselves Christians, believe that Theocrat, of these boards, is a representative Christian, who understands their teachings?

The answer to this question will validate my entire premise in this thread. Now is your time to speak up.

I really don't care about this irrelevant question, but I'd say Theocrat certainly has reached a much higher understanding of Christian teachings then the nut in the OP.

Why don't you try and connect this man's actions with the teachings of Jesus. This thread is coming off as a stupid joke to me.

This.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I really don't care about this irrelevant question, but I'd say Theocrat certainly has reached a much higher understanding of Christian teachings then the nut in the OP.

Why don't you try and connect this man's actions with the teachings of Jesus.

This is the teachings of Jesus?

You've read works by Gary North and R.J. Rushdoony? That's surprising, yet refreshing. At least you understand where I'm coming from. Christian theocracy is bigger than just one nation; it seeks to take dominion over the whole world! It will, too, someday, though not in my lifetime. That's why we Christians are having so many kids compared to the liberals, humanists, agnostics, etc. because our posterity will carry Christian theocracy on to infinity. There's nothing that can be done to stop it, either, my friend. It came to fruition when the Puritans first arrived here in the 1600s, and it will continue to mature until all things are under Christ's feet. The end of tyranny from relativistic, secular "atheism" will come to pass. I will fight diligently to see "atheism" bleed to death, choking in its own blood, and I will stomp it right in its head until its blood is splattered all over my "garments". That's the war against terror that I fight in. So, just know that the next time you see one of my posts that my fight is against every thought and philosophy which is against those ends, but not the people who espouse those thoughts and philosophies. I'd just thought you should know.

Nirvikalpa
07-28-2008, 02:33 PM
To pick one member of these forums and form your argument based on them isn't right, because there are tons of sects of Christianity that believe different things. I agree and disagree with Theocrat on many things, and he agrees and disagrees with me on many as well. That goes for all Christians.

There are Christians that follow the Bible very literally, and those who do not (like me). If you've ever been ni the chatroom, you would know me and Theocrat argue a lot, but we have a mutual respect for each other and he's one of my closest friends here.

Therefor, he is a representative Christian to those who follow the Bible literally - he definitely knows what he is talking about. Is he a representative of me and Christians who don't follow it too literally? Not very much so, as I said before there is a lot we disagree on - however, going through all of the topics and arguments there is something we agree on, and that's God - and that is where our paths cross.

123tim
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM
If you look at that thread, I already answered you.

I will link to the answer I gave you... I expect you didn't see it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1583931#post1583931

So you did. Even though I disagree with you, I respect your opinion.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM
To pick one member of these forums and form your argument based on them isn't right, because there are tons of sects of Christianity that believe different things. I agree and disagree with Theocrat on many things, and he agrees and disagrees with me on many as well. That goes for all Christians.

There are Christians that follow the Bible very literally, and those who do not (like me). If you've ever been ni the chatroom, you would know me and Theocrat argue a lot, but we have a mutual respect for each other and he's one of my closest friends here.

Therefor, he is a representative Christian to those who follow the Bible literally - he definitely knows what he is talking about. Is he a representative of me and Christians who don't follow it too literally? Not very much so, as I said before there is a lot we disagree on.

This man was following the bible literally. Those people were corrupting the faith, according to Theocrat, and they deserved to die. He spared the children.

How is that incorrect? HOW IS THAT NOT A VALID INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE?~!!!

Andrew-Austin
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
This is the teachings of Jesus?

I'd say not.

You want me to pick out a few whack jobs who call themselves liberal, and go about demonizing liberalism itself now?

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I connect this man's actions with people like Theocrat, who have allowed their faith to turn them into justified vigilantes against the perceived evils of this world, secularism, tolerance, and liberalism.

This was my point in this thread, and there has been nothing but ransacking protection of the faith as a whole. The faith allows this.

Nirvikalpa
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
This man was following the bible literally. Those people were corrupting the faith, according to Theocrat, and they deserved to die. He spared the children.

Because the bible also states to forgive and that murder is wrong - that only God should judge.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I'd say not.

You want me to pick out a few whack jobs who call themselves liberal, and go about demonizing liberalism itself now?

You already do chief, it would be nothing new.

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Because the bible also states to forgive and that murder is wrong - that only God should judge.

I don't want to argue the bible, but I can find several passages that say otherwise.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/atrocity.html

Kade
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
These innocent people were killed for their liberal views, by a man who used his faith to justify killing them. He does not appear to be insane to me, just angry. I don't see how this simple but elegant explanation is not the truth.

Is it all of Christianity? Of course not... but the faith props up and rewards this sort of belligerence, as demonstrated by the protection and tolerance of the purely evil and demonic Theocrat on these boards.

Nirvikalpa
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
"...murders... they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:21)

"Thou shalt not kill (murder)." (Exodus 20:13; Deuteronomy 5:17)

"For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters..." (Revelation 22:15)

"...no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15)

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment." (Matthew 5:21)

"...Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill...." (Romans 13:9)

"...murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars..." (Revelation 21:8)

Murder is listed right alongside sins like sorcery, fornication, robbery.

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings..." (Galatians 5:21)

"...murderers... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

"Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts." (Revelation 9:21)

The Ten Commandments...

Deborah K
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Why can't we question the great faith?! Why can't we speak out against this thing... I see it as a vehicle of evil, .......

Evil you say???? This....coming from an atheist?

Truth Warrior
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
What ~75% of the American population claims to be Christians. There's bound to be just a few loose screws and nuts in there someplace. ;)

BTW, speaking of loose screws and nuts, aren't McCain and Obama Christians? :D

Andrew-Austin
07-28-2008, 02:48 PM
You already do chief, it would be nothing new.

No, I don't remember ever generalizing all those who call themselves liberal.

Deborah K
07-28-2008, 02:48 PM
......but the faith props up and rewards this sort of belligerence, as demonstrated by the protection and tolerance of the purely evil and demonic Theocrat on these boards.

Again, an interesting choice of words coming from an atheist.

Hiki
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Thank God the Phelps family are naturally good people. Otherwise they would've gone on a killing spree already.

micahnelson
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank God the Phelps family are naturally good people. Otherwise they would've gone on a killing spree already.

Quoting to have on the record, lol.

yongrel
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM

:D

LibertyEagle
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM

It's not up to me to judge him.

Theocrat
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM

You've invoked my name a lot in this thread, and yet you continually show how ignorant you are of my views. Let me make this clear to you: I do not advocate what that guy did in the news article as being a Biblical approach to handling error from within the church of God. The Bible does not give any Christian warrant to go about "vigilante justice" in punishing heresy or false doctrine through fatal means (at least not in the way this guy has done). That's why we have elders and church courts to settle disputes and doctrinal differences. What the guy did as reported in that article was sin because he murdered those people out of malice, not justice, and thus, he did not handle the situation in a Biblical pattern.

I would think someone who strives to be rational, as you, would know better than to simply assert what you think my views are without giving any iota of evidence. Your slanderous methods of trying to making me a villain on these forums only shows the indwelling hatred you have for anybody who stands up to you and against your foul and ignorant remarks against the Christian faith repeatedly, and this thread alone suffices as proof for that. You still have not (and cannot) contend with the truth of Christianity, and all you ever do is engage in logical fallacies and whinings whenever I challenge you to provide reasons for your contempt against my faith.

So, all I have to say to you, Kade, is either put up or shut up because increasingly it's becoming obvious to the members of this forum that you have no objective and diligent reason to despise the Christian religion. You just want to start shit because you had some bad experiences with Christianity and now wish to make a big fuss about it in the midst of people who probably don't care what your views are of the Christian faith in the first place.

123tim
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I connect this man's actions with people like Theocrat, who have allowed their faith to turn them into justified vigilantes against the perceived evils of this world

I was wondering where the reference to the man's (the shooter) faith comes from? Maybe I missed something in this ever growing thread. I've read several accounts about the shooting and really haven't come across anything to indicate that he even went to church.

Not saying anything to the contrary....just wondering if I missed something.

zach
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Saying that a "liberal movement" caused him not to receive food stamps and then to kill people with that same idealogy over this sounds irrational to me. You may get pissed at a group of people because you think they're causing you not to have something, but will you kill them over this? Rationality is controlling your emotions, and this was not an example of being very rational.

Maybe he had a mental disorder since this was planned out and had a detailed letter for the event.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 04:25 PM

Really? The jerk strikes me as just a typical Rush Limbaugh listener, though perhaps suffering from more despair than most.

hypnagogue
07-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm reminded of the Christians who choose to bash on Atheists because of our own handful of very bad apples. On it's own, this case proves nothing. It would be more pertinent to look at the overall probability of a religious person to commit murder and compare that to an Atheist. You could throw in other crimes; rape, theft, vandalism, etc. There you'd have data to make a point from. This case is pure sensationalism.

familydog
07-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I should have known that this story would make it here and be used as an excuse to paint all Christians the same. The intellectual integrity of this forum has really gone down hill in the past couple months.

It confirms my belief that the non-believers are the real proselytizers around here and not the believers.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I should have known that this story would make it here and be used as an excuse to paint all Christians the same. The intellectual integrity of this forum has really gone down hill in the past couple months.

It confirms my belief that the non-believers are the real proselytizers around here and not the believers.

Did you just make a post decrying the injustice of collectivizing bible-thumpers by collectivizing non-believers?

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Add Pol Pot to that list.
Wait, he wasn't killed... or was he?

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Add Pol Pot to that list.
Wait, he wasn't killed... or was he?

He wasn't killed. He just died.

familydog
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Did you just make a post decrying the injustice of collectivizing bible-thumpers by collectivizing non-believers?

Newp.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
He wasn't killed. He just died.

Well, he was one liberal that really stuck to his guns when it came to big government. You gotta respect that.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, he was one liberal that really stuck to his guns when it came to big government. You gotta respect that.

I wouldn't describe that fruit as a liberal. He was about as far from the philosophy of Locke and Voltaire as it's possible to get.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't describe that fruit as a liberal. He was about as far from the philosophy of Locke and Voltaire as it's possible to get.

I didn't realize Locke was for big government running your life?
I know Pol Pot believed he had authority over all life in his borders.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I didn't realize Locke was for big government running your life?

That isn't a liberal value. The statists advocating that crap aren't liberals. They're either progressives, or fascists, depending on their objectives for that big government.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 07:14 PM
That isn't a liberal value. The statists advocating that crap aren't liberals. They're either progressives, or fascists, depending on their objectives for that big government.

Oh, you must be talking about classical liberals.
There is a difference.
Classical Liberal is to Liberal
As Conservative is to Neoconservative.

klamath
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
From a non Christian I do believe Kade's rants are starting to sound like someone that protests too much. To have this much bile dripping hate makes one wonder what happened in your past. Is there something in your past that you did or had done to you by Christians that has created this venomous hate that you would like to tell the forum so we can better under stand it?

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
From a non Christian I do believe Kade's rants are starting to sound like someone that protests too much. To have this much bile dripping hate makes one wonder what happened in your past. Is there something in your past that you did or had done to you by Christians that has created this venomous hate that you would like to tell the forum so we can better under stand it?

Well, in his defense.. Christians do a really good job on a daily basis of pissing people off and driving them away from a divine. I live in a town with a church of every variety on every street corner. Jesus is big business and has made a many of preacher around here well off.
But you are right... definitely something bit him in the ass somewhere along the line.
Though, it could be an accumulation of BS over a period of time.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh, you must be talking about classical liberals.
There is a difference.
Classical Liberal is to Liberal
As Conservative is to Neoconservative.

Modern liberals aren't liberal. They're just fucking stupid. And letting those assclowns besmirch the legacy of the great enlightenment thinkers is a travesty.

It's roughly on par with Jim Jones calling himself a Christian.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Modern liberals aren't liberal. They're just fucking stupid. And letting those assclowns besmirch the legacy of the great enlightenment thinkers is a travesty.

It's roughly on par with Jim Jones calling himself a Christian.

I agree.

klamath
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, in his defense.. Christians do a really good job on a daily basis of pissing people off and driving them away from a divine. I live in a town with a church of every variety on every street corner. Jesus is big business and has made a many of preacher around here well off.
But you are right... definitely something bit him in the ass somewhere along the line.
Though, it could be an accumulation of BS over a period of time.

I can't disagree about certain Christians. The hypocritical bible thumpers get under my skin as well but Kade is above and beyond all others in his hate.?????

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I can't disagree about certain Christians. The hypocritical bible thumpers get under my skin as well but Kade is above and beyond all others in his hate.?????

Possibly. He could be venting.

revolutionary8
07-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I would bet a million that he was on some sort of psychotropic drug.

Also:
These people were killed because of their Christian views.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2735055020080727

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - A man opened fire with a shotgun in a church in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Sunday, killing a man he encountered as he entered the building and critically wounding five others, police said.

The gunman was tackled by church-goers and taken into custody by police. He was charged later with first-degree murder, but police declined to give a motive for the shooting.
I salute the bold. As it should be. Had they been armed, it would have been even better.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I would bet a million that he was on some sort of psychotropic drug.

Also:
These people were killed because of their Christian views.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2735055020080727

I salute the bold. As it should be. Had they been armed, it would have been even better.

These people were killed because they weren't christian enough:
http://staffwww.fullcoll.edu/tmorris/elements_of_ecology/images/inquisition.gif

More people have been killed in the name of god. Don't go down that road... its bumpy and filled with bodies.

revolutionary8
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
These people were killed because they weren't christian enough:
http://staffwww.fullcoll.edu/tmorris/elements_of_ecology/images/inquisition.gif

More people have been killed in the name of god. Don't go down that road... its bumpy and filled with bodies.

Please don't try to lead me down "that bumpy road" as it is not my way. I do not know enough about the history of religion to state anything other than what I have personally experienced. The road I am traveling has everything to do with psychotropic drugs, and little to do with what "breaks the camel's back", as with psychotropic drugs, the straw could be anything remotely imaginable.

Again, I would like to see if both of these men were on pharmaceutical drugs, or any drugs for that matter. You might note that one thing many of those who have gone postal all have in common are the psychotropic drugs.