PDA

View Full Version : 3 more active supporters and an on-the-spot donation!

McDermit
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I got my cousin on board with RP today. I don't see him often, so this was the first chance I had to introduce him to RP. He's a big ol' pothead and will be turning 18 in September. Most of his friends are older, and also big partiers. I gave him a stack of the OzzFest flyers.. and my aunt got a stack of liberty cards and an Ozzfest flyer for herself (former pothead, and currently helping her son with some gardening.) She sells Mary Kay, so she'll be putting the cards in with the orders.

What I wasn't expecting was for my aunt's husband to see the Ozzfest flyers. He's in his 60's and VERY much against drug use of any kind. When he found my cousin's garden, he did some serious de-weeding. lol. Anyway, he saw the flyers and read one.. and then proclaimed "Damn! I could really get behind this guy!" :eek: :D I was shocked. RP's stance on the IRS and the War went over really well with him. He's a former business owner who is still pissed at the IRS for how much they stole from him. And he's a WWII vet who is extremely anti-Bush. He actually asked me for some of the Ozzfest flyers to give to some of his buddies. I gave him some slim jims as well so that he has them for his super conservative friends. Then he asked if he could write a check or if he had to call and use a credit card. He wrote a $500 check to the campaign on the spot!!

Oh, and we got two local business owners (a mini-golf/ice cream place and a restaurant) to agree to leaving a stack of liberty cards on the counters. We put out the stack at the mini golf place before our game.. when we finished, we headed to the counter for food. There were only 6 cards left of the stack of about 40! So I left a few hundred with the owner.. he said he'll keep them stocked. I figured I'll check back in a week or so and give him more.

Today was awesome! Ron Paul for the win! (that's my new catch phrase. anytime someone I know talks politics and mentions someone's sucky stance, I jump in with RP's stance.. and then end it with "Ron Paul for the win! Obviously not appropriate for the masses, but everyone in my group of acquaintences gets a kick out of it and usually repeats it after I say it."

quickmike
08-29-2007, 07:42 PM
If your aunts husband is in his 60's, and he was in WW II, he was about 10 yrs old when he fought in the war???????? WWII ended in 1945.

McDermit
08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
If your aunts husband is in his 60's, and he was in WW II, he was about 10 yrs old when he fought in the war???????? WWII ended in 1945.

I might have his age wrong. lol.. like I said, I don't see them often. He was in his 60's when they got married, I never asked his actual age. (She's 41. Touchy subject!)

Akus
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I got my cousin on board with RP today. I don't see him often, so this was the first chance I had to introduce him to RP. He's a big ol' pothead and will be turning 18 in September. Most of his friends are older, and also big partiers. I gave him a stack of the OzzFest flyers.. and my aunt got a stack of liberty cards and an Ozzfest flyer for herself (former pothead, and currently helping her son with some gardening.) She sells Mary Kay, so she'll be putting the cards in with the orders.

What I wasn't expecting was for my aunt's husband to see the Ozzfest flyers. He's in his 60's and VERY much against drug use of any kind. When he found my cousin's garden, he did some serious de-weeding. lol. Anyway, he saw the flyers and read one.. and then proclaimed "Damn! I could really get behind this guy!" :eek: :D I was shocked. RP's stance on the IRS and the War went over really well with him. He's a former business owner who is still pissed at the IRS for how much they stole from him. And he's a WWII vet who is extremely anti-Bush. He actually asked me for some of the Ozzfest flyers to give to some of his buddies. I gave him some slim jims as well so that he has them for his super conservative friends. Then he asked if he could write a check or if he had to call and use a credit card. He wrote a $500 check to the campaign on the spot!!

Oh, and we got two local business owners (a mini-golf/ice cream place and a restaurant) to agree to leaving a stack of liberty cards on the counters. We put out the stack at the mini golf place before our game.. when we finished, we headed to the counter for food. There were only 6 cards left of the stack of about 40! So I left a few hundred with the owner.. he said he'll keep them stocked. I figured I'll check back in a week or so and give him more.

Today was awesome! Ron Paul for the win! (that's my new catch phrase. anytime someone I know talks politics and mentions someone's sucky stance, I jump in with RP's stance.. and then end it with "Ron Paul for the win! Obviously not appropriate for the masses, but everyone in my group of acquaintences gets a kick out of it and usually repeats it after I say it."

And just imagine, McDermit, stories like yours are thousands and tens of thousands all over this country. We are kicking some serious @$$ and we will get the Whitehouse.:D:D:D:D:D

quickmike
08-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I might have his age wrong. lol.. like I said, I don't see them often. He was in his 60's when they got married, I never asked his actual age. (She's 41. Touchy subject!)

Nothin wrong with that:D

Sean
08-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Maybe he fought against that Japanese guy who fought on for 30 years after the war ended.

quickmike
08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Maybe he fought against that Japanese guy who fought on for 30 years after the war ended.
They meet every year for hand to hand combat on a tiny island in the pacific............ 2 man enter ........... one man leave.:D

max
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
The business owner are the key to this thing...

I had a business owner contact our group after receiving the founding fathers flyer...He is financing 30,000 2 sided glossy inserts of the founding fathers flyer in a local newspaper..

He didnt even blink when I asked him for $2,100...

Keep going after the business owners!

jonahtrainer
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
The business owner are the key to this thing...

I had a business owner contact our group after receiving the founding fathers flyer...He is financing 30,000 2 sided glossy inserts of the founding fathers flyer in a local newspaper..

He didnt even blink when I asked him for $2,100...

Keep going after the business owners!

Awesome job you two!

The business owners are very helpful. We got one who is putting together a 50 person $1,000/plate dinner. I introduced him to another business owner I know who asked me who Ron Paul was (he saw my button) while the ladies were shopping for the new Rolex. If I am going to be bored at the watch store I might as well talk politics!

Keep up the good work!

Shink
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Wow, I'm glad so many businessmen are into Ron Paul (they should be, duh). Anyone hit up some jewelers? They could shit out 2300 quick. :)

jonahtrainer
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, I'm glad so many businessmen are into Ron Paul (they should be, duh). Anyone hit up some jewelers? They could shit out 2300 quick. :)

I got three letters for you to convert any small business owners: IRS