07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't like being told what to do.

RPTXState
07-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Good luck trying to enforce it...

dude58677
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Good luck trying to enforce it...

Sigh...It won't happen with the apathy present here.

yongrel
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Sigh...It won't happen with the apathy present here.

We're not apathetic; we just know crazy when we see it.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
We're not apathetic; we just know crazy when we see it.

You are a coward and a traitor!

yongrel
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
You are a coward and a traitor!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Whatever!

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Seriously, this is not nuts, in Battleboro,VT the people voted to have Bush arrested. What is far-fetched about this!

yongrel
07-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Seriously, this is not nuts, in Battleboro,VT the people voted to have Bush arrested. What is far-fetched about this!

Did you even read your own petition? It's a big ol' ball o' crazy, wrapped in bug nuttiness.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Did you even read your own petition? It's a big ol' ball o' crazy, wrapped in bug nuttiness.

At least I'm trying and unlike you just mouth off to anyone who does try. If you could give constructive criticism that would be one thing. So it shouldn't be unreasonable for me to think that you are a coward and a traitor, should it?

LittleLightShining
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Petitions don't really do anything except give folks a sense of validation. I sign the ones I like, but they will never in and of themselves produce results.

Originally Posted by yongrel

Where did you come from? :confused:

I don't mean did you have a rodent for a parent. I'm just in awe of this statement.

yongrel
07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
At least I'm trying and unlike you just mouth off to anyone who does try. If your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

If your solution is insane, you're creating entirely new problems.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
If your solution is insane, you're creating entirely new problems.

Well tell me what is wrong with it so I can fix it! Give me an honest and objective assessment without being hostile.

If I'm wrong I'll accept it, but just calling me names and saying I'm crazy just doesn't cut it.

yongrel
07-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Well tell me what is wrong with it so I can fix it! Give me an honest and objective assessment without being hostile.

If I'm wrong I'll accept it, but just calling me names and saying I'm crazy just doesn't cut it.

Your petition calls for mob rule and the aggressive theft of Bush's assets. What part of that sounds rational?

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Your petition calls for mob rule and the aggressive theft of Bush's assets. What part of that sounds rational?

So you think Bush should remain above the law? You don't think there should be some kind of way to make him pay for the damage he has done to this country even if the assets are able to be found? How is this any more radical than a citizen arrest? A citizen arrest you have to point a gun at someone and get past the Secret Service agents. What I am proposing is much simpler which is tracking down bank accounts with detective work and freezing the accounts and it is going to be done while he is out of office so he doesn't have the government to back him up.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
"Petitions don't really do anything except give folks a sense of validation. I sign the ones I like, but they will never in and of themselves produce results."

They don't produce results until make it happen.

yongrel
07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
So you think Bush should remain above the law? You don't think there should be some kind of way to make him pay for the damage he has done to this country even if the assets are able to be found? How is this any more radical than a citizen arrest? A citizen arrest you have to point a gun at someone and get past the Secret Service agents. What I am proposing is much simpler which is tracking down bank accounts with detective work and freezing the accounts and it is going to be done while he is out of office so he doesn't have the government to back him up.

Well, I think your petition is nuttier than squirrel shit. Deduce from that what you will.

dude58677
07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, I think your petition is nuttier than squirrel shit. Deduce from that what you will.

You are a traitor and a coward!

Sematary
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM

Perhaps you are just being unrealistic. The Bush family IS part of the government - even when he is out of office. The government is not going to freeze his assets unless Congress (talk about traitors and cowards) vote to do it.

SnappleLlama
07-28-2008, 04:27 AM

Where did you come from? :confused:

I don't mean did you have a rodent for a parent. I'm just in awe of this statement.

LOL....that's a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Awesome movie, BTW. :D

GunnyFreedom
07-28-2008, 04:40 AM

Um. Signing that petition would be like signing your own name to a DHS hit-list. Really. I read the petition and my impression of it was, "I plan on joining a militia, picking up a rifle, and going after Bush." Not the best way to stay out of the FEMA camps IMHO. And you won't be doing a lot of 'nation saving' from behind bars, fences, and concertina wire.

Kludge
07-28-2008, 04:49 AM
All threads should aspire to the quality and educational value found here.

dude58677
07-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Perhaps you are just being unrealistic. The Bush family IS part of the government - even when he is out of office. The government is not going to freeze his assets unless Congress (talk about traitors and cowards) vote to do it.

I did NOT say the government. I said private police, private detectives, bounty hunters, collection agencies, etc. It is also less extreme than citizen arrest.