PDA

View Full Version : Ron's Birthday donations

Givemelibertyor.....
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I may have missed it, but has there been any word on the birthday donation total?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
They won't tally it until the contest ends August 31. I'm dying of curiosity too! Could they possibly total a denomination beginning with "m"? Naw.

Someone somewhere on here was trying to guestimate. I believe it was a link to a blog that was trying to run the numbers. Too tired to remember.

However it comes out, I don't want to start the pumped-up 3rd quarter anticipation game that socked us at the end of the 2nd quarter.

honkywill
08-29-2007, 09:31 PM
I made a rough guess.

From my count 1,578 individual donated for his birthday.

Let's make a safe assumption that the average donation was at least $25.

1,578 x $25 = $39,450

hmm...

Is there an official tally?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13669

quickmike
08-29-2007, 09:33 PM
It will be about a gazillion dollars, give or take a bazillion

disinter
08-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Actually, sources from the campaign tell me that total fundraising for this quarter hasn't been very impressive at all. There are hints that he is only up (net) about $1 million. This is VERY bad.

Man from La Mancha
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Actually, sources from the campaign tell me that total fundraising for this quarter hasn't been very impressive at all. There are hints that he is only up (net) about $1 million. This is VERY bad.If thats true it is campaigns fault for not giving us daily updates on donations, how pathetic. What is their idiotic reason for non transparency. It sure helped Dean. This sign makes me want to contribute to Dean now.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Deansbat.jpg/150px-Deansbat.jpg

LibertyOfOne
08-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually, sources from the campaign tell me that total fundraising for this quarter hasn't been very impressive at all. There are hints that he is only up (net) about $1 million. This is VERY bad.

I hope that is not the case. Did they say anything about the average amount of money donated per day?

C4de
08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Hate to sound mean, but I'm going to raise the BS flag on disinter. Why? Here's why:

Back around the Iowa straw poll, RP mentioned that the campaign had received $75,000 in one day, setting a record for the campaign. If you go to the www.fec.gov website and look at the Q2 daily numbers, you'll see how big of a deal that was. I would venture to guess that we're on track to exceed our Q2 figures, by how much no one outside the campaign knows.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Hate to sound mean, but I'm going to raise the BS flag on disinter. Why? Here's why:

Back around the Iowa straw poll, RP mentioned that the campaign had received $75,000 in one day, setting a record for the campaign. If you go to the www.fec.gov website and look at the Q2 daily numbers, you'll see how big of a deal that was. I would venture to guess that we're on track to exceed our Q2 figures, by how much no one outside the campaign knows.

Hell - I wonder how much we've raised - JUST FROM THIS FORUM!

Thunderbolt
08-30-2007, 02:22 AM

LibertyOfOne
08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
If thats true it is campaigns fault for not giving us daily updates on donations, how pathetic. What is their idiotic reason for non transparency. It sure helped Dean. This sign makes me want to contribute to Dean now.

That is a damn good idea. If only the campaign would follow that approach to fund raising.

libertarian4321
08-30-2007, 02:44 AM
We need some big figures folks. Does anyone know how Obama does it?

Really?

Obama pulled in less people than Ron Paul did in San Antonio (we know this, because Ron Paul supporters showed up and waved signs at the Obama Rally). Considering that San Antonio is a HEAVILY Democratic town, that seems a bit odd for a "rockstar" like Obama.

BTW, Ron Paul raised almost $50k in one day here San Antonio alone this quarter.

Perhaps the "1 million NET" is because he is SPENDING a lot more this quarter- for example, we are finally getting stuff from the national campaign- signs and other campaign materials- that stuff costs money, and we got NOTHING prior to this quarter. Prior to this quarter, everything was grass roots.