PDA

View Full Version : Gold Prospecting

Lafayette
07-27-2008, 06:03 AM
So for the last 2 sundays i've been going gold panning, its something i used to do when i was younger. Its a great way to spend a sunday
with your family and if your lucky you just may bring home some sound money :D

It only takes about $30 to get all the equipment you need to get started, and a few minutes of watching youtube videos to learn all you need to know.

Ofcourse you'll need to live in an area thats close to know gold deposts, the SW and NW states are great.

Just thought i'd share what i've been doing with my sundays, and maybe help some of you get your hands on a little bit of the gold stuff without actualy buying it.

Ithough i am no expert, if anyone has any questions i'll try my best to answer them.

GOLD BABY! YEAH! ;)

noxagol
07-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Hmm, seems like something to do on a boring day. Too bad I live in the midwest.

Fox McCloud
07-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Hmm, seems like something to do on a boring day. Too bad I live in the midwest.

agreed--last time I checked the only thing Ohio really had in terms of "rare" resources (Besides the best farm ground in the nation) is a little oil here and there.

noxagol
07-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I live in Illinois and we gots us some oil here. As well as fluorine, though that's not really rare or helpful. I dunno, would be interesting to go down to southern Illinois and do some prospecting just for shits and giggles. Might turn up some neat rocks that could be polished and shit to look nice for some jewelery or something.