PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a list of RP sponsored/cosponsored bills that passed?

GunnyFreedom
07-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Anybody have a list of RP sponsored/cosponsored bills that passed?

A list or a good concise link will do.

Need it for an argument I'm in.

Thanks so much!

john_anderson_ii
07-26-2008, 11:49 PM
You aren't going to like this Gunny.

Statistics: Ronald Paul has sponsored 354 bills since Jan 7, 1997, of which 348 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Paul has co-sponsored 2007 bills during the same time period (Average, relative to peers). [On 4/2/08, the numbers were updated to consider companion bills in the other chamber identified as "identical" by the Congressional Research Service when determining if a bill was enacted or made it past the introduction stage.]

Ron has had 0% of his legislation, and 0% of that 0% has become law. However, that is more due to the present state of party politics and not due to bad bills. Don't try to convince a democrat or neoconservative of that though. Also, there are many other representatives that have the same record. Bills that make it out of the house generally are written and introduced by coalitions (at the behest of lobbies no doubt), it is very rare for a single representative's piece of legislation to clear the house.

Semper Fi!

BTW, I was formerly known as Sgt. Anderson J. Intelligence Analyst 6th ESB, 4th FSSG.

yongrel
07-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes: ...

Mongoose470
07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
You aren't going to like this Gunny.

Ron has had 0% of his legislation pass the house, much less become law. However, that is more due to the present state of party politics and not due to bad bills. Don't try to convince a democrat or neoconservative of that though. Also, there are many other representatives that have the same record. Bills that make it out of the house generally are written and introduced by coalitions (at the behest of lobbies no doubt), it is very rare for a single representative's piece of legislation to clear the house.

Semper Fi!

BTW, I was formerly known as Sgt. Anderson J. Intelligence Analyst 6th ESB, 4th FSSG.

Bless Ron Paul for still trying. In the end, all he has is his integrity, dignity and principles.

Let it serve as a reminder that change must come in the heart of the Amerian people first. I think that's why we like to call it a grassroots movement.

AJ Antimony
07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Bills? Passed? By a Congressman? HAHAHAHA

Everyone knows Congresspeople don't write the laws that pass.

Truth Warrior
07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Atta boy Ron, my kinda guy. ZERO works for me. ;) Only 534 more to go. :D

GunnyFreedom
07-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I kinda figured as much - many thinks for the help. Have a problem with a guy who seems to equate "zero legislation passed" with "sitting around and doing nothing." Was hoping to be able to shove a sock in his maw; but will just have to be satisfied in the knowledge that he's a complete idiot. 8-)

Omphfullas Zamboni
07-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Hello,

I think one of his pieces of legislation passed, when he was in Congress in the 70s. Something to do with gold. See my thread, titled, "Ron Paul's Bill's Flop".

Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-27-2008, 02:26 PM
"My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them." - Barry Goldwater

muzzled dogg
07-27-2008, 02:27 PM
/me cries

ItsTime
I kinda figured as much - many thinks for the help. Have a problem with a guy who seems to equate "zero legislation passed" with "sitting around and doing nothing." Was hoping to be able to shove a sock in his maw; but will just have to be satisfied in the knowledge that he's a complete idiot. 8-)

since when should a congressperson or a senator get a bill passed in order to be something! THERE SHOULD BE LESS LAWS and more freedoms ;)

aspiringconstitutionalist
Hello,

I think one of his pieces of legislation passed, when he was in Congress in the 70s. Something to do with gold. See my thread, titled, "Ron Paul's Bill's Flop".

Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

True, Ron Paul played a crucial role in Congress's re-legalization of private ownership of gold I believe.

driller80545
07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
When RP's bills start to pass, then we will be talking change. Check it out Mr. Obama.

majinkoola
07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't think this is true. Didn't he sponsor a bill praising what NASA's done which was passed?

muzzled dogg
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM
fuck nasa

haaaylee
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
i'm pretty sure ron doesn't like NASA ........