PDA

View Full Version : The Judiciary Holds Hope for America

PatriotG
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
The Judiciary Holds Hope for America

The House Judiciary Committee held a Congressional inquiry on allegations of Executive Power Misconduct yesterday, July 25th. As the room filled, audience members cheered as Dennis and Elizabeth Kucinich entered the room. Harry Waxman was caught smiling. But there were many others that didn't appear quite so happy.

Full Article (http://http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-Judiciary-Holds-Hope-f-by-sherry-clark-080726-570.html)

Carole
07-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I watched a lot of that last evening.

There were a couple of real clowns defending the abuses.

One of them:

Stephen Pressor, Professor of History at Northwestern University defended Bush by reading, "I can't believe there are any grounds for impeachment here... There is no doubt that the Constitution does give considerable discretion to each branch of the government to determine for itself the reach of it's own powers. As near as I can tell this is what is meant by the theory of the unitary executive ... in the course of fulfilling his executive responsibilities--particularly in a time of war or a national crisis, the President needs the freedom to act defectively [that is not a typographical error] in the national interest. If a President--in good faith seeks to act in the national interests rather than his own, his conduct is not impeachable."

Bruce Fein, Associate Deputy Attorney General was great. Do read his remarks. He was very well spoken and without notes. :)

Bob Barr made a few remarks on one topic in particular. Slips my mind at the moment, but he was there doing his part.

Several times the audience was vocal or applauded or did something negative. They were advised twice to not show any support or lack of support. :)

At one point they did remove some people. I think McKinney was one of them. (Cynthia McKinney???--The committee chairman said goodbye to her in a light-hearted manner. He was fairly tolerant, but one of the questioners, a republican Congressman complained. This was a typical neocon. He asked all his questions like a fawning MSM'er to the Presser guy.