07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Best-thread-ever.

RSLudlum
07-26-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbi-0Tg1b_g

:D

Perry
07-26-2008, 05:02 PM

I simply cannot fathom the depths of this and I do not believe a word you said.

anaconda
07-26-2008, 05:24 PM
The Fed is screwed when it comes to trying to adjust for supply side shocks because they involve both lower output and higher prices (also known as stagflation). They can either attempt to restore the so-called "full employment equilibrium" or instead can put the brakes on inflation (which is also very costly socially) at the expense of worsening the recession. The goal of the Fed is to dampen recessions and control inflation. The main tool in their box is the money supply. The Fed will contract the money supply if they are afraid of economic booms setting off inflation. So they are not always pumping money into the system. So, the interest rate varies as the Fed alters the money supply. So while I love Ron Paul in so very many ways, I yet haven't fully grasped Dr. Paul's position on the Fed's manipulation of the money supply. I believe we might have bigger and more protracted recessions without adjusting the money supply. Also, I'm not sure why Dr. Paul says that the Fed "prints the money to cover the shortfall" in the Congress' budget. Isn't the deficit covered by issuing Treasury bonds? Not sure how that relates to the Fed. Any Economists out there?

jcarcinogen
07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Whats with the guy in the background and his head movements?

The One
07-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Whats with the guy in the background and his head movements?

It's been discussed before in another thread, and I think the general concensus was that he probably has Parkinson's disease. Some other douchebag was opining that the guy was doing it on purpose as some conspiracy to distract from Dr. Paul's speech.

brandon
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Some other douchebag was opining that the guy was doing it on purpose as some conspiracy to distract from Dr. Paul's speech.

You mean that's not why he was doing it? :confused:

;)