PDA

View Full Version : Saturday: Teamsters to Block First Mexican Trucks Across Border

constituent
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
SPP (http://www.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Teamsters+will+ask+courts+to+block+Mexican+t ruckers&expire=&urlID=23686965&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freep.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2 Farticle%3FAID%3D%2F20070829%2FBUSINESS07%2F708290 50%2F1118%2FRSS&partnerID=162736) is rolling baby.

Dustancostine
08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I actually thought they were going to go down to the border and stand in the way of the trucks. I was thinking about going. :(

Texan4Life
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
who is going to pay for all the wear and tear they put on our roads? Probably us, and american truckers that still have a job.

Electric Church
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
sounds good

Cowlesy
08-29-2007, 06:41 PM
That's UNREAL. Supporters say it will save Americans 100's of millions? How about we save that by cutting spending somewhere else and securing the f'ing border instead of letting mexicans drive semi trucks across it.

EvilEngineer
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok... well time to slash a few tires. Sure you can come in... but you won't be getting very far.

ladyliberty
08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I wonder if the Teamsters Union will Support Ron Paul's Campaign? There are the rolling billboards we need that were discussed on another thread here!!!! They are bound to garner their fair share of publicity just because of this Unconstitutional Act, and then to have the RP banners on every truck in the Teamsters Union to boot - WOW!

Here is their website - they aren't kidding about this whole Mexico thing!

http://www.teamster.org/

http://www.teamster.org/07news/nr_070829_1.asp

1000-points-of-fright
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
How ironic it would be if we could file law suits and use the EPA, NTSB, and every other annoying government regulatory agency against them.:rolleyes:

ladyliberty
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Bush Administration Intends to Start Pilot Program Labor Day Weekend

Leslie Miller
(202) 624-6911
August 29, 2007

(Washington, D.C.) — The Teamsters on Wednesday sought an emergency injunction to block the Bush administration from opening the U.S. border to unsafe Mexican trucks, three days before the pilot program is scheduled to begin

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters was told by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) that it intends to grant authority on Sept. 1 for Mexican trucks to drive beyond the border zone and throughout the entire United States.

“What a slap in the face to American workers -- opening the highways to dangerous trucks on Labor Day weekend, one of the busiest driving weekends of the year,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa.

The Teamsters, along with other highway safety and environmental groups, said the program breaks laws requiring the Department of Transportation to:

Create a program that yields statistically valid findings;

Show that U.S. trucks have the same right to travel in Mexico that Mexican-domiciled trucks have to travel here; and

Reveal the inspection results for motor carriers allowed to drive beyond the border zone.

A memorandum accompanying the Teamsters motion stated that “In their rush to open the border, FMCSA and the Department of Transportation (DOT) are commencing a pilot program that does not comply with the congressional requirements that are statutory prerequisites for the program to begin.”

The lawsuit was filed in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.

“Congress has repeatedly and overwhelmingly set stringent safety conditions for the cross-border trucking program to meet before our borders are thrown open,” Hoffa said. “The Transportation Department inspector general’s report released Aug. 21 made it clear that those conditions have not been met. The Bush administration’s reckless endangerment of the American people is matched only by its brazen disregard for the law of the land.”

Among the conditions identified by the inspector general:

Border states keep poor records of Mexican-domiciled truck drivers’ traffic convictions;

Checks of the validity of Mexican-domiciled commercial drivers’ licenses against
Mexico’s database resulted in a failure rate of nearly 20 percent;

The government won’t be able to inspect every truck every time it crosses the border;

Drug testing continues to be questionable in Mexico.

Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States and Canada.

EvilEngineer
08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm kind of scared now traveling to the Texas straw poll. Dallas and Ft. Worth are right in the path of where these truckers are going to be going.

What worries me more is the fact that all of the stipulations for safety and inspections are no where near done. If we thought smuggling for drugs, weapons, illegals, were bad before... oh shit, now we are trucking them in by the tonnage.

I'm kind of scared this is going to be used in part of the false flag attempt. Can you think of any better way to smuggle in a weapon than by abusing this program?

ladyliberty
08-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Where is the moat with the alligators in it when you need one?

CurtisLow
08-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Just think of all the money the mex truckers can make just letting pregnant females ride with them.

Free health care and a ssi check too.

Talk about selling out America. BS!

EvilEngineer
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
America? What is this America you speak of? I thought we dissolved our borders and became the NAU, where we worship our Emperor Bush.

:: gags on satire ::

constituent
08-30-2007, 08:46 AM
How ironic it would be if we could file law suits and use the EPA, NTSB, and every other annoying government regulatory agency against them.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't work... they'll only want to FINE them, not get rid of them.. that's why those agencies are so f*ed up, b/c they are rotten at the core. They need pollution and things of that nature to continue funding/necessitating their operations... that's why they go after the little guys, 'cuz they don't have the teams of lawyers... they'll pay up.

constituent
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Where is the moat with the alligators in it when you need one?

The corporate farms in the valley used all of the water to irrigate their subsidized crops... the alligators 'drown' and starved as it were... so did the piranhas (sp?).

angelatc
08-30-2007, 08:48 AM
BUt the Teamsters are corrupt too. Couldn't hurt to go down and march with them though. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

ladyliberty
08-30-2007, 09:00 AM
If this is all about upholding the American Constitution, and I think that it IS, then the constitution is supposed to protect and guarantee the rights of ALL of its citizens, including Teamsters, right? Never mind the corruption within their Union, that is for the local authorities to deal with, and Ron Paul would agree I think. President Bush does not have the constitutional authority to permit this action, and he DOES NOT CARE!