PDA

View Full Version : Gold, silver... and what else?

cbc58
07-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I've been reading this economics and sound money thread all morning and am flipping out at what's going on. I knew we were in trouble but it really looks like this time we may see a total collapse.

Other then gold and silver... what else is there that should retain its value?

Will things like diamonds & emeralds go up... or down?

slacker921
07-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Good tools.. if you need them and will use them then now is a good time to buy because their price will be going up. Oh...... and buy American made tools please (although the price of the cheap/disposable chinese tools will be going through the roof if the SHtF).

Dr.3D
07-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Good tools.. if you need them and will use them then now is a good time to buy because their price will be going up. Oh...... and buy American made tools please (although the price of the cheap/disposable chinese tools will be going through the roof if the SHtF).

Yep, anything but a Ridgid pipe wrench is a waste of money. I've seen those other ones break. Imagine being up in the steel 40 feet and trying to break a 2 inch pipe free and then the wrench breaks. You will more than likely fall and kill yourself in the process. I always buy the best tools I can find. It's not just that the tools last longer, but they are not as dangerous to use.

Also, long term food storage is a good idea right now. It's getting harder and harder to find and the price is going up every month.

jonahtrainer
07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I've been reading this economics and sound money thread all morning and am flipping out at what's going on. I knew we were in trouble but it really looks like this time we may see a total collapse.

Check out this article on the Kondratieff Winter (http://www.runtogold.com/Run_To_Gold/Run_To_Gold_Blog/Entries/2008/2/1_First_snowfall_of_Kondratieff_Winter.html).

cbc58
07-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Very educational.

Maybe we should get a number of people together and go out and buy land and start a goldmining operation. Why not?

Fox McCloud
07-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd recommend the book "Dare to Prepare", it has a wealth of information on various survival subjects.

Gold, silver, copper, food, water, gasoline/diesel, and other "necessity" commodities and/or stores of wealth will easily retain their value, at least, IMHO.

muh_roads
07-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Guns & ammo

rapidtrends
07-26-2008, 12:08 PM

During all fiat cycles, towards the end you see a flight into things of tangible value such as:

Commodities, food, metals both precious and base, income producing land such as farms/mines/water/rental.

Important to weigh short term economic requirements with longer term preservation and growth of wealth during this economic cycle.

I also agree with another poster above that we are entering Kondratieff Winter, good thing to study that.

jonahtrainer
07-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I also agree with another poster above that we are entering Kondratieff Winter, good thing to study that.

Brrrrrrrr (http://www.runtogold.com/Run_To_Gold/Run_To_Gold_Blog/Entries/2008/2/1_First_snowfall_of_Kondratieff_Winter.html)!

During this environment Cash is King and Gold is the Ultimate form of Cash.