PDA

View Full Version : How a Dark Horse (Ron Paul) Can Win the White House

stevedasbach
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Interesting article by a former "hired-gun" political strategist on how Ron Paul can win.

http://www.buchanan.org/blog/?p=829

Green Mountain Boy
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
That's a very intriguing article, thanks.

The most interesting part was his recommendation of a driver who is mute, because a good driver is the most important person the campaign hires. Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Shink
08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Interesting article by a former "hired-gun" political strategist on how Ron Paul can win.

http://www.buchanan.org/blog/?p=829

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/How_A_Dark_Horse_Can_Win_The_Nomination

Everyone digg it! I submitted it just now, and hope to see this one jump to the main page. :)

yoshimaroka
08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
What should be the main priority for this is to make sure Ron Paul reads it. I mean Buchanan has great strategies there.

Zeeder
08-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Great article. Radio ads are cheaper than TV, and voters are more likely to listen.

Ron Paul's campaign needs to listen to this advice.

Lord Xar
08-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Great article. Radio ads are cheaper than TV, and voters are more likely to listen.

sometimes I feel Ron Paul's campaign exists in a bubble...

but we ain't prvvy to alot of things.

Shink
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
My question to you all is why did he mention that he was "hired" to do this? Doesn't that seem to indicate it was probably the campaign that did the hiring? I doubt Buchanan or whoever walked up to the guy and paid him to advise on how to make Ron win. *shrug*

Green Mountain Boy
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
My question to you all is why did he mention that he was "hired" to do this? Doesn't that seem to indicate it was probably the campaign that did the hiring? I doubt Buchanan or whoever walked up to the guy and paid him to advise on how to make Ron win. *shrug*

He said that? Are you sure?

Shink
08-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Okay, I guess I jumbled the first two sentences together to arrive at that idea, but look at language like this:

"I urged Paul to campaign in non*traditional GOP circles in the Northeast" If he urged Ron Paul, wouldn't that be in a way that RP could RECEIVE his urgings? I just don't fathom that he'd do this without Ron Paul's campaign receiving his ideas directly.

Green Mountain Boy
08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Okay, I guess I jumbled the first two sentences together to arrive at that idea, but look at language like this:

"I urged Paul to campaign in non*traditional GOP circles in the Northeast" If he urged Ron Paul, wouldn't that be in a way that RP could RECEIVE his urgings? I just don't fathom that he'd do this without Ron Paul's campaign receiving his ideas directly.

That could indicate that what you're saying is true.

Maybe we should send him an email and ask him.

ladyliberty
08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I think there was a hint of a resume in that article - perhaps Ron Paul really should hire him?

I can imagine Ron Paul's gentle spoken articulate messages on the radio - people listen to the radio all the time - at work - in their cars to and from work - in the stores. No slams of other candidates, just "I am Ron Paul and thanks for listening."

One of the things that attracts me to Ron Paul is that he does not say bad things about the other candidates, even when they leave themsevles wide open and it would be oh so easy to slam them. He remains a true gentleman throughout. He simoply gave Guilianio a reading assignment - which was the best response of all IMHO.

The Demon-crats are alread starting to fight and snarl and make vicious attacks against one another.

stevedasbach
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
He wasn't hired by the Paul campaign. He "used to be" a hired-gun campaign strategist.

hard@work
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Running the campaign on vol*unteers saves money for paid communications.

Hey, do u gaiz think there's anyone out there that might be able to volunteer? I think if there were maybe at least a few of us that could help out that would be good.

lol ...

;-)

Arkris
08-29-2007, 08:00 PM
The radio spots sound like the best idea I've heard yet. It seems like every time Ron Paul gets a chance to speak at the debates he gets a surge of support. I really hope the official campaign is planning to record and air these spots all over the country. At least in California it seems like nearly everybody commutes, and sits around in traffic with nothing to do; Dr. Paul has a captive audience waiting to hear his message on our highways.

born2drv
08-29-2007, 08:45 PM
The radio spots sound like the best idea I've heard yet. It seems like every time Ron Paul gets a chance to speak at the debates he gets a surge of support. I really hope the official campaign is planning to record and air these spots all over the country. At least in California it seems like nearly everybody commutes, and sits around in traffic with nothing to do; Dr. Paul has a captive audience waiting to hear his message on our highways.

I was actually thinking about the radio ads things too..... like a bunch of people from around the country coming together and just saying "my name is Bob Jacobs, I support Ron Paul for president and I paid this ad." short and sweet. If we did that for thousands of people across the country thousands and thousands of times people might get talking.

And then Ron Paul can come on later on like Buchanan suggested and give his speeches before each primary.... hopefully by then the listeners will want to hear his message from all our little intros, and they may even be more inclined to listen.

dircha
08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
I really like the author's radio spot idea. Ron Paul has a common sense Paul Harvey appeal. Dr. Paul comes across very well on radio.

I wonder if there would be any legal hurdles to reading some of Reagan's original radio spots, giving credit of course. Some of them, such as the Little Red Hen, are very good and timeless.

I really hope the official campaign is on top of things like this.

EvoPro
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Buchanan is the man!

Bro.Butch
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I was actually thinking about the radio ads things too..... like a bunch of people from around the country coming together and just saying "my name is Bob Jacobs, I support Ron Paul for president and I paid this ad." short and sweet. If we did that for thousands of people across the country thousands and thousands of times people might get talking.

And then Ron Paul can come on later on like Buchanan suggested and give his speeches before each primary.... hopefully by then the listeners will want to hear his message from all our little intros, and they may even be more inclined to listen.

Now that's a decent idea ! 15 second radio spots are cheap cheap ! As for the article I like it, however I promise all of you RP HAS to be competitive in the early contests or Feb 5 won't matter. He needs to target IA, NH, SC, NV, WY, FL & MI. I'm afraid they are hiring people every week now and not relying on volunteers to save money for advertising. The volunteers can do just about anything a paid staffer can do.

His advice on speaking @ universities is great advice, because you can invite the local people out to hear and most important you have a FREE hall in which to speak. They have paid over $1000 for some of these places to hold the rallys for RP. I know it cost money, but I also know a penny saved is a penny earned and on a shoestring budget compared to your main competition, wasting money on rooms to speak isn't smart to me. Always use free places to speak and you have more money for the radio ads !!!

I'm emailing the article to the only contact I have @ HQ (a private email address of one of the mid2hi-level officials, the scheduler as a matter of fact-lol) and who knows if he will even read the email much less pass it around to the top brass. I don't hassel him very much and he has answered me the majority of the time, so maybe he will read it and discuss it with Snyder & Moore...

american.swan
08-30-2007, 04:06 AM
Great advise. PLEASE get this to Ron to Read.

Bump

Ozwest
08-30-2007, 05:19 AM
I couldn't agree with Roeser more, particularly regarding his recommendation that Ron Paul target Liberals in the Northeast. Whilst it is important to pick up as many Republican voters as possible, I fear that a vast majority of remaining Republicans are sipping from the Neo Con Kool Aid trough. I for one, have Liberal leanings and was brought around to Ron Pauls' message largely because of its humanitarian message. Issues such as Pro Choice which may have been a stumbling block were solved due to his position that individual States should decide this issue themselves. His adherence to the Constitution re-envigorated my study of it reminding me of why and how America was formed and how the Nation has lost its way. Lastly but not least he's the only honest un-bought politician out there. How many people in this forum are former Democrats? The numbers may surprise many. Definitely a group needing more attention.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
I love the radio ad theme. It would reach many people and the cost is not nearly as high as TV.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 09:04 AM

I have to agree with his point that people who are listening on radio are more tuned in. I listen to the radio in my car constantly and almost NEVER watch television. It's mind numbing. Radio - especially talk radio, keeps you engaged.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
I love the radio ad theme. It would reach many people and the cost is not nearly as high as TV.

Should the people looking to do tv ads in NH and IA be taking note of this?

And, it seems, much of what was pointed out is already being done - the coffee shop thing (c-span) and the grassroots, etc...
I think in many ways, we are on a path to success. Now the campaign has to step it up with the radio ads. I wonder how much an ad on coast to coast would cost? hmmm

Ridiculous
08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
What about satellite radio ads I think advertising on Sirius or XM wouldn't be that much, the comercials that I hear don't seem like they are from major companies which makes me think that they would be cheaper. Plus it is national.

I think that advertising on the Howard Stern show might not be a bad idea. I think that his audience would be receptive to the RP message.

Plus, Howard did run as a libertarian as mayor of NYC. While Stern has in the past endorsed Giulani for mayor. I haven't heard him speak to much about him lately. And no matter who Stern might talk about, it is just an advertisement.

But even if the rest of you disagree about advertising on Stern, satellite in general wouldn't be a bad option.

Will Satellite you can also have them put an 800# on the scroll bar during your ad.