PDA

View Full Version : No signs allowed in venue? What nonsense.

enjoiskaterguy
07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I am very dissapointed that we can't express our support at the Target Center with signs. This is outrageous. This revolution is about Liberty and constitutional rights....now I know this is a private venue and we have to respect their private property rights and such but damn it, we should be able to bring in signs.

Throughout the whole campaign we have been able to bring in signs to all sorts of venues in this country. I think the campaign should try to persuade the people that own the building to letting Ron Paul's supporters bring their signs. Sign waving is a very trational thing to do in this country when it comes to politics, so lets e-mail the campaign and the Target Center demanding that they reconsider.

texasbelle
07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
It was my understanding that we would be given signs at the rally to wave. Was that in a previous email from CFL??

Flirple
07-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Yep. Private property. They make the rules. Has nothing t do with any sort of violation of anyone's rights or liberty. We are in their house. Period... Well, unless they received any federal subsidies to build the stadium... But usually these sports arenas are subsidized just by the city in which case there is no 1st amendment issues. But if someone finds out that they used any of our federal tax money to make the target Center or city tax revenues were used and you live in Minneapolis, then I say sneak your sign in anyway if you are bothered by the rule.

But if it was built with 100% private money and is completely privately owned than the only option is to try to persuade them.

For me, I don't think it is something we should waste much energy on. Besides, we don't need to be showing each other our signs inside. We help our cause more by putting up those signs outside for non rEVOLutionaries to see. Even better yet getting them on national TV cameras outside the Republican Convention should be a priority.

angelatc
07-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Figure out a way to sneak them in.

Part of the rule sadly involves courtesy for the people behind you, who can't see through the signs.

And sneak in some beach balls! I love that!