PDA

View Full Version : Let's Start A Real, Concerted Movement To End The Fed

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-25-2008, 08:24 PM
It seems as though almost all of the biggest problems we face (plummeting dollar and skyrocketing inflation, the boom-bust cycle, a spendthrift government at home, negligence toward the coming entitlement mess, a massive foreign presence that gets us into unnecessary wars, etc.) can all be traced back to the Federal Reserve System and the fractional reserve banking system that the Fed props up.

As far as I can see, the quickest way to get at all these other problems is to end the Fed that feeds the beast.

There are some different organizations around that support abolishing the Fed (Mises Institute, CFL, etc.), but so far, these organizations are all part of broader ideological movements that are balancing a lot of different battles. I'm thinking we need to start one real, focused, concerted movement specifically in favor of abolishing the Federal Reserve (repealing its charter and moving to a free market banking system), much like how the FairTax movement has been able to gain momentum in recent years.

What I have in mind is a serious, respectable organization that does very active, on the ground, grassroots work to turn the tide against the Fed--having a presence at political events, publishing and distributing literature, getting more government officials on board, putting up billboards, airing commercials, etc. It would be even better if we could have a booklet like Neal Boortz's FairTax book of our own that succinctly states the case against the Fed in a short, easy to read, layman-friendly piece of literature. All the better if we can find a really big name to write and publish it for us.

Anybody who is on board and willing to help out with such a project, please reply to this thread.

Firstly, I'm thinking we need to have a specific name for the movement--something positive and forward-thinking and makes it known that we're FOR something and not just AGAINST something. (I think just calling it "End The Fed" would turn most ordinary people off for such reasons) Any ideas about what it could be called?

Perhaps, something along the lines of:
"SoundMoney"? "RealWealth"? "Freeconomy"?

Ideas?

EDIT: I guess "Freeconomy" is already taken by a different, pseudo-communist movement that seeks to abolish the use of all money period. :P

Jeremy
07-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I think the biggest thing for all of these issues is educating the American people. We need to make it known that getting rid of the Fed is a mainstream option. I mean look at the abolishing-the-IRS issue, I think we have a pretty good start with that one.

07-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I think the biggest thing for all of these issues is educating the American people. We need to make it known that getting rid of the Fed is a mainstream option. I mean look at the abolishing-the-IRS issue, I think we have a pretty good start with that one.

Definitely. That would be the primary purpose of such an organization.

ItsTime
07-25-2008, 08:47 PM
we will never end the fed until it goes bust. A rally here in NH made me realize that. People chanting "end the fed..." while 40k cars sit in the parking lot, most likely taken on a loan... I really lost respect for the Libertarian party at that rally.

The_Orlonater
07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd join this. Where do I sign up?

07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
we will never end the fed until it goes bust. A rally here in NH made me realize that. People chanting "end the fed..." while 40k cars sit in the parking lot, most likely taken on a loan... I really lost respect for the Libertarian party at that rally.

"Those who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of those doing it."

07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I'd join this. Where do I sign up?

Here, for now. Got any helpful ideas or suggestions to offer?

ItsTime
07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
"Those who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of those doing it."

Im right there with you on the front line. I have never said I was right.

Akus
07-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Um, I've been saying this for ages. I didn't talk specifically about the Fed, but I did say that id some vote for Barr and some for Baldwin and some for Greens, we will all get Obama. No one wanted to listen and just dug in their heels.

Thread starter is hardly a pioneer saying something radically new. In fact, I bet, if all the little movements actually grew out of the junior high BS and united with people even of the opposing views for the sake of achieveing that one (1) goal that all groups wanted, we would be an absolutely giant crushing force that both Republicans and Democrats would absolutely have to consider....

But, so far, it's just a naive fantasy of mine.....

The_Orlonater
07-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Here, for now. Got any helpful ideas or suggestions to offer?

Are there any other pro-liberty forums like ours? Maybe we can use post a digg. Does anybody know how to design a website?

07-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I can design websites fairly well, but if anyone has really professional web design skills they'd like to offer, please say so.

The_Orlonater
07-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I can design websites fairly well, but if anyone has really professional web design skills they'd like to offer, please say so.

Yeah..I can't do anything, lol. It's worth a shot, we can start this organization and get members. We can also organize meetups too.

liberteebell
07-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Maybe you could talk to these folks. At least we could show up for the protests.

http://www.endthefed.us

brooklyn
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Just throwing this out there - FED-UP ?
Im on board with this thought, it is a hugh source of the many plagues that haunt this country.
I'm down with this and we can tie in getting back to the gold standard as an avenue to take to stabilize the dollar.:cool:

Jeremy
07-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Well if you end up planning on starting a website or something, let me know because I also have some experience with that =)

H Roark
07-26-2008, 04:43 AM
I agree OP, same reason why I put every candidate thru that litmus test. If the fed ceased to exist, we would have the majority of our ailments go away. Strike the root. Suggest having a simple to read booklet (like the jury nullification one) with illustrations.

RonPaulCentral
07-26-2008, 06:29 AM
I think the real way to hurt and end the FED is not to go after the FED directly at all but indirectly. Getting anything done at the Federal level requires the goofs in office to actually do something positive... which I believe is impossible for them to do.

The solution is simple.

1) Get a petition signed in a STATE to add to the ballot an action to amend the States Constitution to REQUIRE the state to mint coins from Gold and Silver for the citizens of the State to use.

2) Provide a State operated "exchange" where you could easily exchange these coins from/to FRNs. Allow the State to collect a small "exchange fee" when SELLING the coins for them to use to cover the cost of minting. For the coins they have already paid minting costs on (ones turned back and and resold) those funds go into the States operations budget. The States are required to exchange the coins back at no fee.

This is a protected right in the constitution. Once you get one State to do it and it becomes successful then you would most likely see more do the same. Before long you have a solid circulation of REAL MONEY back in the system. People would start to understand the value and difference in short order (because at that point everyone would be talking about it and the STATE ITSELF would be pushing it).

I think there is a very real possibility of getting this done. I think getting it passed would be easy as well because you would not be taking anything AWAY from people and there is really no down side to it. At the State level PEOPLE can directly effect change and not have to depend of their elected baboons to do it.

This in itself, over time, would kill the FED.

rancher89
07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
ronpaulcentral I think that is a marvelous idea!

revolutions start at home......

torchbearer
07-26-2008, 02:08 PM
only congress can legally get rid of the fed.

Flash
07-26-2008, 03:22 PM
only congress can legally get rid of the fed.

Its still a good idea to start a group to influence Congress.

Jeremy
07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
We should also donate to BJ Lawson, etc. =)

constituent
07-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I think the biggest thing for all of these issues is educating the American people.

couldn't agree more.

one thing would be to hand out literature on jury nullification outside of courthouses. the fed and jury nullification are the two issues that, imo,
will motivate/mobilize the rebel youth to get involved with the revolution...

We need to make it known that getting rid of the Fed is a mainstream option. I mean look at the abolishing-the-IRS issue, I think we have a pretty good start with that one.

yep, an easy in-road is getting folks to agree that a tax on "the privilege (sarcasm)" of working is a modern form of slavery.

dirknb@hotmail.com
07-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Most other issues are virtually irrelevant as long as the Fed and what it represents stays intact.

RCA
07-26-2008, 09:08 PM
We need to create an End-the-Fed Master List, a Top Ten so-to-speak that would be sheeple friendly and concise enough to mass-market via websites, blogs, t-shirts, etc.

LittleLightShining
07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
One thing that I've been thinking about lately is Ron Paul's last exchange with Bernanke where he got Ben to admit that inflation is a tax. Inflation is taxation without representation. This is HUGE. It should be everywhere. The majority of people need to be reminded in repetitive soundbite fashion what exactly inflation is so that they can understand the insidiousness of the Fed. Once people understand what inflation really is they are most of the way to understanding why the Fed has to go. At least that's been the case in my experience.

Creative marketing is one thing but there needs to be a real and substantial message behind the slogan.

07-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I think the real way to hurt and end the FED is not to go after the FED directly at all but indirectly. Getting anything done at the Federal level requires the goofs in office to actually do something positive... which I believe is impossible for them to do.

The solution is simple.

1) Get a petition signed in a STATE to add to the ballot an action to amend the States Constitution to REQUIRE the state to mint coins from Gold and Silver for the citizens of the State to use.

2) Provide a State operated "exchange" where you could easily exchange these coins from/to FRNs. Allow the State to collect a small "exchange fee" when SELLING the coins for them to use to cover the cost of minting. For the coins they have already paid minting costs on (ones turned back and and resold) those funds go into the States operations budget. The States are required to exchange the coins back at no fee.

This is a protected right in the constitution. Once you get one State to do it and it becomes successful then you would most likely see more do the same. Before long you have a solid circulation of REAL MONEY back in the system. People would start to understand the value and difference in short order (because at that point everyone would be talking about it and the STATE ITSELF would be pushing it).

I think there is a very real possibility of getting this done. I think getting it passed would be easy as well because you would not be taking anything AWAY from people and there is really no down side to it. At the State level PEOPLE can directly effect change and not have to depend of their elected baboons to do it.

This in itself, over time, would kill the FED.

That sounds like a great idea!

I had a somewhat similar idea as well: perhaps getting issues on the ballot in as many states as possible allowing people to merely voice their opinion in favor of abolishing the US Federal Reserve System (it wouldn't actually change anything by law, but it would send a powerful message to legislators). It would probably seem less drastic and imposing as a first step, and because it's just a sense-of-the-people resolution, I'm guessing it would probably not spur any sort of attack campaign by pro-Fed groups (why would they waste money attacking something that doesn't change any laws?).

I also like the "Fed Up" idea someone else offered in this thread.

raystone
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I like "RealWealth". It's positive, attention grabbing, and everyone wants to be part of it.

Fedup is again negative, and remember the education is starting with people who don't know what the Federal Reserve is. Some see "Fed' and think "Federal government".

Love starting at the state level. We are working to build a statewide coalition in WI, and this, along with decreasing property taxes, getting a copy of the constitution in every classroom, could be 1 of 3-4 major goals.

07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Another possibility for a name:

"FreeGrowth" or maybe "GrowthFreedom"