PDA

View Full Version : GOP Surprise...

Kade
07-25-2008, 02:40 PM
New Polls in the Alaska Senate Race show that Incumbent GOP Senator Ted Stevens is actually losing to the Democratic contender Mark Begich. Stevens is the longest serving Republican in the Senate.

This race was previously not considered to be a potential loss for the GOP.

This is interesting as a side note, because this is a required seat if the polls pan out for the Democrats to actually receive a super majority in the Senate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/senate/ak/alaska_senate-562.html

micahnelson
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Staffer to Stevens: "Sir, we are losing in the polls! I just found a report on the Internet that said..."

Stevens. "The interwhat??"

Staffer. "On the internet...."

Stevens Stares Blankly

Staffer: "The tubes, sir. The series of tubes."

CoreyBowen999
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I love watching this party crash and burn :)

acptulsa
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
They must be mad at him because he didn't get that thirty billion dollar or so bridge to an island with seven filthy rich people on it.

micahnelson
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
I love watching this party crash and burn :)

I would be with you, watching the beasts stab at each other. My concern is if one of them does in fact die, we might be next.

Kade
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I find it ironic that this isn't bigger news... maybe they are waiting to report it after the actual election...

Antonius Stone
07-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I find it ironic that this isn't bigger news... maybe they are waiting to report it after the actual election...

election? What election?

This is America, the Corn Republic.

familydog
07-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Replacing one bad Senator with another. Good job Alaska :D

Kade
07-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Replacing one bad Senator with another. Good job Alaska :D

Pretty much.

brandon
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Staffer to Stevens: "Sir, we are losing in the polls! I just found a report on the Internet that said..."

Stevens. "The interwhat??"

Staffer. "On the internet...."

Stevens Stares Blankly

Staffer: "The tubes, sir. The series of tubes."

hahahaha!

Yea the GOP is going down big time this november. They have completely destroyed their party. The don't seem to care though, they still have the democratic party

georgiaboy
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
... Yea the GOP is going down big time this november. They have completely destroyed their party. The don't seem to care though, they still have the democratic party

QFT.

Yep, I used to vote the straight GOP ticket, but not this year, or never again. Makes my job harder, but oh well, guess i'm finally becoming a truly informed citizen.

I gotta see proof you're gonna shrink my gov't before I pull the lever for you now. Otherwise, I'll vote third party or abstain.

Interesting point you make about the neo-cons and the dems winning either way. Sickening.

wake up, America.

tron paul
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
tcp/ip = tube control protocol / interweb protocol

- ted stevens

Monolithic
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
i'm surprised he's polling even that close, didn't the FBI raid his home or something?

bucfish
07-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Can we say bye, bye GOP unless you wise up and nominate the Good Doctor!