PDA

View Full Version : 25 Reasons to Deport Illegal Aliens...

WarDog
07-25-2008, 11:44 AM
http://www.specialforces.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1049&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=068885c78b65f9ffbac64ab95367a762

Kraig
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
You sure that's not 25 reasons to end the welfare state?

constitutional
07-25-2008, 05:38 PM
That list provides such a simple logic. End the welfare state.

"In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to
their countries of origin." Is this good or bad?

MoonShine
07-25-2008, 09:56 PM
The most kind solution to the welfare state is to encourage the recipients to repatriate to their continent of origin. That way they could be leaders among their own people and create their own lives rather than have to suffer the degradation of perpetual handouts. :)

In order to do that we must first clean up our own (corrupt) federal government.

roshie
07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Eh, we shouldn't deport these guys back. Honestly, I know too many people here that are here.. illegally. What should be done is to cut off the welfare state, increase immigration to the states, allow them to apply for immigration and let them stay if they get accepted.

However, deport them if they do harm to America (commit crimes, etc).

LibertyOfOne
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Eh, we shouldn't deport these guys back. Honestly, I know too many people here that are here.. illegally. What should be done is to cut off the welfare state, increase immigration to the states, allow them to apply for immigration and let them stay if they get accepted.

However, deport them if they do harm to America (commit crimes, etc).

Why not go one step further and deport citizens? All Americans are from foreign lands, expect for the native population of course.

roshie
07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Why not go one step further and deport citizens? All Americans are from foreign lands, expect for the native population of course.

Yea, I understand the concern here. It's a tough issue. I just don't think that illegal immigrants should be deported unless they commit a crime, it'd cost a lot on our part to hunt, prosecute, and deport them.

mediahasyou
07-26-2008, 08:34 PM
You sure that's not 25 reasons to end the welfare state?

exactly.

RickyJ
07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
25 Reasons to Deport Illegal Aliens...

Ah, how about the number one reason, they are here illegally! No other reason is required to deport them.

FrankRep
07-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Cut the special benefits and they'll deport themselves.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Why all the Nativism here? A century ago everyone hated the Germans and the Irish. They melted in. In fact, the best and the brightest migrate(d) to the USA. What really is the problem is that we don't have an immigration policy and what we have is not enforced. That and we are all fearful of them bringing down our welfare state. This is where I disagree with Ron Paul and a lot of other people here.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:14 PM
And everyone said they wanted English as the preferred language. They said German was bad. How times change.

RickyJ
07-26-2008, 09:17 PM
The Irish and the Germans weren't here illegally. If you think Mexicans, who think of the southwest USA as their land, are moving here to blend in, you are sadly mistaken.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
We did kind of take their land. That was President Polk I believe,

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Big thing is that we had a policy then, now we don't. And I agree we should penalize employers that hire illegals. But we need a policy!

Deborah K
07-26-2008, 09:22 PM
We did kind of take their land. That was President Polk I believe,

We purchased it.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:24 PM
We purchased it after we won the Mexican American War. A war fought by Presdient Polk to gain Mexican lands. Manifest destiny it was said.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:25 PM
In fact I believe we purchased it one year before the 1849 gold rush.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
And California was part of this.

FrankRep
07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Why all the Nativism here? A century ago everyone hated the Germans and the Irish. They melted in. In fact, the best and the brightest migrate(d) to the USA. What really is the problem is that we don't have an immigration policy and what we have is not enforced. That and we are all fearful of them bringing down our welfare state. This is where I disagree with Ron Paul and a lot of other people here.

I support immigration, but just do it legally and don't live off the welfare system.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I support immigration, but just do it legally and don't live off the welfare system.

Why do you care about the welfare system? We need to get rid of it anyway.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
What's really screwy about all this illegal stuff is why do you think our official unemployment rate has been quite low? Most of the people involved with the housing boom were illegals. Our unemployment rate should be much worse. Can't fault employers, if someone down the street can get by employing illegials and not being punished one MUST hire illegals to remain competitive. I BLAME GOVERNMENT POLICY! This is something the federal government should be doing but they have abdicated.

Chris_Augustine
07-26-2008, 09:48 PM
And there is a good argument that illegals drive down wages. Economics is about relative power. More workers, especially workers that are use to making nothing, hurt the relative bargaining power of all affected. But I would also say that big business needs to be busted up in like fashion. Economists miss relative power in determining wages and prices. We need competitive markets, not oligopolies or monopolies. POWER TO THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNER!