PDA

View Full Version : Target center concerns

IamRealPerson
07-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Please forgive my ignorance and the distraught in the nature of my questions.

I have not seen anyone else mention it, but was everyone else expecting to pay to go to this rally? I drove hours for the last one and it was a great success. I realize this one was upgraded to the Target center. Everything inside is outrageously expensive also.

I understand this event is supposed to last a long time and no one is allowed re-entry? No smoking, drinking, outside food, protest signs? Hooray for liberty!
This makes me uncomfortable to say the least, due to the length. Maybe I have a heroine addiction, or I need to be outside to pray 6 times a day, or perhaps stale air causes my lungs to implode..

If this is going to last all day I need a detailed schedule to ensure I do not sit through 2+ hours of country music waiting for RP to speak. Help here would be appreciated.

Creative suggestions to get food and drinks past security would be appreciated. Also am I the only one who has problems with having my persons and belongings searched?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-25-2008, 07:13 AM

I have not seen anyone else mention it, but was everyone else expecting to pay to go to this rally? I drove hours for the last one and it was a great success. I realize this one was upgraded to the Target center. Everything inside is outrageously expensive also.

I understand this event is supposed to last a long time and no one is allowed re-entry? No smoking, drinking, outside food, protest signs? Hooray for liberty!
This makes me uncomfortable to say the least, due to the length. Maybe I have a heroine addiction, or I need to be outside to pray 6 times a day, or perhaps stale air causes my lungs to implode..

If this is going to last all day I need a detailed schedule to ensure I do not sit through 2+ hours of country music waiting for RP to speak. Help here would be appreciated.

Creative suggestions to get food and drinks past security would be appreciated. Also am I the only one who has problems with having my persons and belongings searched?

Have NO IDEA, and this is only speculation.

I think the Rally will be broken into two parts -- a "business" session, where speakers do their thing, concluded with Dr. Paul's speech. After that, the "party" starts with the entertainment.

I think that way, the actual RNC delegates can hear the outline for the future of their party before they need to go into convention in St. Paul.

It does no good for Dr. Paul to speak to the rally after 6 PM if the people who NEED to hear it are in the RNC convention.

But, I'm with you on the security issues and the no pass-outs.

However, being this is a Republican event, for all intents and purposes, I'd be a lot happier seeing Ron Paul, liberty-minded Republican candidate, and CFL signs, elephants, American flags, and smiling faces than 9/11 was an inside job shirts with a bunch of angry folks.

Gabecpa
07-25-2008, 08:54 AM

You can smoke outside the Target Center for every other event I have attended. There is a smoking area outside the bar or the parking garages on the 2nd level. Fresh air shouldn't be a problem.

jacmicwag
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Two hours of country music in Minnesota? Not likely, but I'd take it if the bands are great.

muzzled dogg
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
You can smoke outside the Target Center for every other event I have attended. There is a smoking area outside the bar or the parking garages on the 2nd level. Fresh air shouldn't be a problem.

bar, eh?

RickyJ
07-26-2008, 07:08 AM
than 9/11 was an inside job shirts

But 9/11 was an inside job. Google WTC7. More people need to know 9/11 was an inside job before this corrupt government will ever be changed.

You want change? Then you want the 9/11 truthers on your side. Without them there will be no change.

torchbearer
07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
But 9/11 was an inside job. Google WTC7. More people need to know 9/11 was an inside job before this corrupt government will ever be changed.

You want change? Then you want the 9/11 truthers on your side. Without them there will be no change.

all people are invited, but respect for the event is required. Something lacked by certain people in the past.
It takes all of us... but at the same time, a handful of people can take us all down.
Respect someone else's event, do what is right, and there are no problems.
We won't get a real investigation until someone like Ron is behind the wheel. People should not hinder that goal with their personal agendas. :cool:

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
You will be able to exit and re-enter. But don't lose your ticket stub. They scan you out, then scan you back in. Kinda like FedEx packages.

Ninja Homer
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
You will be able to exit and re-enter. But don't lose your ticket stub. They scan you out, then scan you back in. Kinda like FedEx packages.

Awesome, thanks! I was hoping that'd be the case.

muzzled dogg
07-27-2008, 05:51 PM
They scan you out, then scan you back in. Kinda like FedEx packages.

that's awfully personal

IamRealPerson
07-27-2008, 07:42 PM

Thank You

dcbpe
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM

The Truthers are part of a wider problem with this movement. The problem being that many people think we are all crazy.

Whether the Truthers are right or wrong...and I don't consider myself educated enough to argue that point...is irrelevant to the masses of apathetic citizens. The masses of apathetic citizens that have been watching the MSM their whole lives are not so open minded to jump on the 9/11 Truther bandwagon. Most people cannot fathom that their government is capable of pulling something like that off...not because the Government wouldn't want to or benefit from it, but because the conspiracy would need to include too many people to ensure everyone’s silence. Most people simply can't wrap their head around something that mammoth.

The average citizen thinks we are all nuts. They don't understand why we're supporting a guy who can't "win". They don't understand that we aren't on a gold standard, let alone the assertion to go back on it. Throw a mammoth "conspiracy theory" at them...world government, the NAU, 9/11...and their eye's glaze over. The Truthers, and guys like Alex Jones...however right and righteous they may be...do a disservice to the movement as a whole by constantly harping on these things. Simply because most people just turn it off and dismiss us first and then movement as a whole. Rather than look at the bigger picture, they just pass judgment upon all of us by looking at the "fringe" they can't agree with.

I have found when you discuss issues with "regular people", sticking to government spending and the loss of liberty always turns them. People understand the Government stealing their money and liberties. That they can accept upfront without too much prodding. Massive conspiracy theories have to come later…after their eyes are opened to just how much worse Washington is than they already thought.

The C4L will be more successful if we all agree on some core principles to fight for...the Constitutional principles set by the Founders...because that is fertile ground for convincing the masses. Those are things the masses can easily grasp and agree with and then they are likely to become Brothers in arms. If they automatically label you a nut job, it reduces the chance they will ever even bother to learn what the whole movement is about. They just turn off.

And that is why those elements of the movement get highlighted when there is media attention. How many times do I have to hear Dr. Paul defend the principles of liberty to some jackass on TV asking him whether he agrees with the Truthers? The question is asked because the MSM knows exactly how to sway an uneducated mob...the question is asked to associate Dr. Paul with what the uneducated masses consider crazy people. Hell, we do ourselves a disservice...how many YouTube videos of the Washington March are half or more filled with WTC7-WTF T-Shirts and "Inside Job" T-Shirts?

The movement needs at Publicity Agent. Americans...all of whom consider themselves patriotic...would be more swayed by shots of the children and families, shots of Gadsden and Culpepper and Betsy Ross flags, shots of the Constitution. These are the things that Americans still have a positive, supportive reaction too. These are the things Americans want to preserve, and can rally around.

These are the things we should highlight.

My 2 cents...

bucfish
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
The Truthers are part of a wider problem with this movement. The problem being that many people think we are all crazy.

Whether the Truthers are right or wrong...and I don't consider myself educated enough to argue that point...is irrelevant to the masses of apathetic citizens. The masses of apathetic citizens that have been watching the MSM their whole lives are not so open minded to jump on the 9/11 Truther bandwagon. Most people cannot fathom that their government is capable of pulling something like that off...not because the Government wouldn't want to or benefit from it, but because the conspiracy would need to include too many people to ensure everyone’s silence. Most people simply can't wrap their head around something that mammoth.

The average citizen thinks we are all nuts. They don't understand why we're supporting a guy who can't "win". They don't understand that we aren't on a gold standard, let alone the assertion to go back on it. Throw a mammoth "conspiracy theory" at them...world government, the NAU, 9/11...and their eye's glaze over. The Truthers, and guys like Alex Jones...however right and righteous they may be...do a disservice to the movement as a whole by constantly harping on these things. Simply because most people just turn it off and dismiss us first and then movement as a whole. Rather than look at the bigger picture, they just pass judgment upon all of us by looking at the "fringe" they can't agree with.

I have found when you discuss issues with "regular people", sticking to government spending and the loss of liberty always turns them. People understand the Government stealing their money and liberties. That they can accept upfront without too much prodding. Massive conspiracy theories have to come later…after their eyes are opened to just how much worse Washington is than they already thought.

The C4L will be more successful if we all agree on some core principles to fight for...the Constitutional principles set by the Founders...because that is fertile ground for convincing the masses. Those are things the masses can easily grasp and agree with and then they are likely to become Brothers in arms. If they automatically label you a nut job, it reduces the chance they will ever even bother to learn what the whole movement is about. They just turn off.

And that is why those elements of the movement get highlighted when there is media attention. How many times do I have to hear Dr. Paul defend the principles of liberty to some jackass on TV asking him whether he agrees with the Truthers? The question is asked because the MSM knows exactly how to sway an uneducated mob...the question is asked to associate Dr. Paul with what the uneducated masses consider crazy people. Hell, we do ourselves a disservice...how many YouTube videos of the Washington March are half or more filled with WTC7-WTF T-Shirts and "Inside Job" T-Shirts?

The movement needs at Publicity Agent. Americans...all of whom consider themselves patriotic...would be more swayed by shots of the children and families, shots of Gadsden and Culpepper and Betsy Ross flags, shots of the Constitution. These are the things that Americans still have a positive, supportive reaction too. These are the things Americans want to preserve, and can rally around.

These are the things we should highlight.

My 2 cents...

I agree hopefully the truthers keep to themselves this is a RON PAUL RALLY for THE REPUBLIC. Not a truther rally.

Björn
08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Does anyone have any info on the schedule of events at the rally?

I really just want to hear RP speak again, and maybe a couple of the other people, but would rather not take work off if I don't have to. "11:30am - 10:00pm" is a large chunk of time.

Btw...I'm seeing ads on this forum for "The Faith of Barack Obama" and a scientology ad - might want to filter those out.

RickyJ
08-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Does anyone have any info on the schedule of events at the rally?

I really just want to hear RP speak again, and maybe a couple of the other people, but would rather not take work off if I don't have to. "11:30am - 10:00pm" is a large chunk of time.

Btw...I'm seeing ads on this forum for "The Faith of Barack Obama" and a scientology ad - might want to filter those out.

If you bought a ticket to just come for a few hours then that would stop others from coming that want to stay all day and might have taken the whole week off to travel way up there to this rally. If you do decide to do it that way then I would wait until the day of the convention to buy your ticket then if there are any left go, if not then watch in on YouTube the next day.

KenInMontiMN
08-11-2008, 03:04 AM

I was at Yankee Stadium a couple days after you posted this, and complete security paranoia has taken hold there, little kids getting shaken down and pulled back from their parents to get their fannypacks examined and such. And absolutely no exit/re-entry, ticket or not. Amazing what people will put up with, I'll never be tempted to see another game there, including the new one across the street. The difference at Fenway was like night & day, a regular street dance/carnival going on outside there, and you were free to go back and forth as you pleased.