PDA

View Full Version : Former NASA astronaut claims alien contact cover-up

The One
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
This story is on Drudge Report.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

Danke
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147763&highlight=Mitchell

The One
07-24-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147763&highlight=Mitchell

Oops.:o

revolutionary8
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Project Blue Beam.
IMO. I don't believe in "little green men". It is a conspiracy theory. :D

Mach
07-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Isn't it funny how this stuff always leaks out at the same time the economy and all kinds of other things like, FREEDOM...... are being flushed down the toilet. So much for priorities. :D

Aratus
07-25-2008, 08:41 AM
NOVAscienceNOW has a current episode going into DRAKE'S EQUATION...once again. sapience in the universe is VERY much a possibility... not that we or the dolphins are always a cranaial capacity proof positive for this!!!

SnappleLlama
07-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Project Blue Beam.
IMO. I don't believe in "little green men". It is a conspiracy theory. :D

They're grey. ;)

youngbuck
07-25-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm convinced that any aliens there are of human origin, designed to be the big global threat that will require to world governments to unite, and for our freedoms to be relinquished in exchange for security from the "aliens."

I call BS on what this guy says. Even if he really believes what he's saying, he's just not getting the whole picture.

Malakai
07-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Fact is none of us know either way =)

I definitely believe that in this unimaginably large universe there is other life. Can any beings travel fast enough to reach other worlds with life is the question.

Mayflower
07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I heard this discussed on coast to coast. Richard Hoagland who is a scientist that wrote an expose on NASA ( I believe it is called Nasa Dark Mysteries) said that the former astronaut is most likely relying on millitary inteligence. Hoagland thinks that there is a chance of a false flag UFO attack. He says we do have anti-gravity crafts. Tecnologys are very advanced and the public is not privy to this info

James Madison
07-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Fact is none of us know either way =)

I definitely believe that in this unimaginably large universe there is other life. Can any beings travel fast enough to reach other worlds with life is the question.

The notion that a space-faring vessle would need to reach colossal speeds or even FTL travel really isn't grounded in much logic. If we assume that Einstein is correct and space-time is curved then speed wouldn't be all that important. What would be, however, is the capability of technology to bend space, thus allowing a ship to "jump" from one point to another in a very short time.

AmericaFyeah92
07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
the odds that Aliens would be humanoid (two legs, two arms, two eyes, one nose, one mouth, no tail) in shape is probably a million to one, and is one reason to discount the "alien autopsy" and "roswell" conspiracy theories.

The UFO stories aren't so easy to dismiss, but one has to wonder: If an alien civ had the ability to travel this far and observe humanity, wouldn't they be able to do it without being noticed?

Flash
07-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I like how so many people on the web are laughing at this guy like hes some crazy whackjob UFO conspiracy theorist. Do they realize this guy was an astronaut and probably a higher-up with NASA?

The UFO stories aren't so easy to dismiss, but one has to wonder: If an alien civ had the ability to travel this far and observe humanity, wouldn't they be able to do it without being noticed?

You're right thats what I never been able to understand. If they're so advanced why do they need to ride in huge saucers to observe us. You would think they could send advanced invisible ships.

AmericaFyeah92
07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
You're right thats what I never been able to understand. If they're so advanced why do they need to ride in huge saucers to observe us. You would think they could send advanced invisible ships.

unless the saucers are deliberate distractions......:eek:

phixion
07-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Read the guys Wikipedia profile and you will realise why anything he says cannot be trusted.

He has no credibility.

Shame. I wish he did.

Pete

constituent
07-27-2008, 01:01 PM
full. of. shite.

CopThatSupportsRonPaul
07-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Maybe they don't have the technology for invisible ships?

Just because they are more advanced than us, doesn't mean they are advanced to the point where they have created invisible spaceship technology.

For all we know, maybe they just like to have fun fucking with our heads and playing games, so they let us spot them for a short amount of time before going invisible and flying away. If they are intelligent life like us, they must also possess a sense of humor.

phixion
07-27-2008, 01:53 PM
the odds that Aliens would be humanoid (two legs, two arms, two eyes, one nose, one mouth, no tail) in shape is probably a million to one, and is one reason to discount the "alien autopsy" and "roswell" conspiracy theories.

Try to wrap your head around this even with your 'odds'.

Scientists estimate there may be up to 30 billion planets in our galaxy alone that could be classed as exoplanets. Potentially habbitable ones for life.

IN OUR GALAXY ALONE.

They estimate there could be up to 500 BILLION GALAXY'S in the universe which each contain billions of planets.

You're talking billions upon billions.

Do the math.

There is an insane ammount of life out there. Much of it like us, much of it not. This cannot be disputed. It's mind-boggling obvious we are not alone. We can't be.

Pete

The One
07-27-2008, 01:55 PM
This cannot be disputed. Pete

I dispute that.

RideTheDirt
07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
LOL @ Scientology ad after I read this thread!

RonPaulFever
07-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Read the guys Wikipedia profile

1st lol

and you will realise why anything he says cannot be trusted.

He has no credibility.

2nd lol, much bigger than the first