PDA

View Full Version : Check out Alcohol for Gas

Deborah K
07-24-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.permaculture.com/ This didn't get nay play on another thread so I'll try it here. Apparently it works.

RideTheDirt
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Then what will we drink?!

Hiki
07-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Well how about this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QmqpGZv0YT4)?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-25-2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.permaculture.com/ This didn't get nay play on another thread so I'll try it here. Apparently it works.

This is why the oil shortage isn't an energy crisis but a food crisis. A switch to gasohol is raising the price of food to the point that it has #1: Caused a shortage of food around the world, and #2: Caused the price of transporting food to rise to the point that charities can't afford to give food.

Johnnybags
07-25-2008, 05:37 AM
This is why the oil shortage isn't an energy crisis but a food crisis. A switch to gasohol is raising the price of food to the point that it has #1: Caused a shortage of food around the world, and #2: Caused the price of transporting food to rise to the point that charities can't afford to give food.

per say, (small part). Its dollar devaluation and cost of production caused by it. Ask the farmers who plant corn for ethanol, its not the same corn as hits your table. Its feed corn that after processing still retains value of feed and is brought back to the farm as such. Of course anyone can see that all grains have soared and all grains soaring is not because of ethanol. Its demand from overseas because our cheap dollar makes it cheap for them to import. In other words we are exporting our food to the highest bidder. There is no food shortage but only the worlds ability to pay higher prices for it. China has no problem importing our grains but of course poor nations are hit hard, especially those with weak currencies. That nice sweet ear of corn you buy is worth more sold to you for food than the ethanol grade feedcrap corn you would never eat. Do not swallow the political hook, its bunk. Ethanol is a small price factor. Cost of production is a big factor and that comes from high oil etc caused by a depreciating currency. Proof, I'll bet corn and all the other grains have not gone up in terms of gold,oil,silver at all over the last 8 years. Is there a shortage of corn to eat? No, I can buy all I need but it costs more, same with oil.

Ozwest
07-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Plant industrial hemp.

Johnnybags
07-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Plant industrial hemp.

Looks like a few states are ready, but the Federalis will raid them. Why not allow planting on state own land in the form of lease payments to the state from the farmer. Then it will really hit the fan when the FEDS try to raid state owned land. What will the state police do? Help the FEDS or arrest them for trespass and theft. Industrial Hemp coud be boon to the rural communities. Simply allow the DEA access to check for Marijuana(thc) plants if they desire 24/7. Give em webcam access from above the field if they are so afraid of Marijuana growth.

Acala
07-25-2008, 05:58 AM

US ethanol subsidy has driven up corn prices a little in North America. But what about rice? And cooking oil? And wheat? And meat? And on and on? Food prices all over the world are skyrocketing, not because of ethanol but because of inflation. And because price controls follow inflation like night follows day, we are also seeing food shortages in places where prices are controlled. Because that's what you get with price controls. And we will have it here too. Soon.