PDA

View Full Version : Hi from across the Pond

UKMinarchist
07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
My name is Grant Williams & I'm a 47 Yr old IT Contractor working all over the UK. I live Full time in a (funnily enough) Winnebago Rialta RV.

Next week I finish a 12 month Contract for Oxfam HQ in Oxford, so hopefully will have a little more time to pursue my own alruistic interests.

I've just finished RP's The Revolution & must say I'm impressed, to say the least. You Folks are lucky to have a Politician that's willing to say it as he sees it (we call it being John Bull).
After reading The Bush Agenda I'd almost completely given up hope for the western world but after contemplating RP's Views and some of your Founding Fathers I've regained a little faith.

Unfortunately us Limeys generally have little tolerence for US Politics, but I wish all you Libertarians (and flavours thereof) all the best in your endeavours.
(with the possible exception of Anarchists:)).

For us Brits the politcal malaise has truly taken root and we're preparing to weather the economic storm ahead.

For my part I have little interest in modern Politics, but a great deal of interest in Social wellbeing. And so I've recently acquired the URL http://www.minarchist.co.uk. and started writing the Manifesto of the UK Minarchist Organisation UKMO.

I'm hoping to get the basic site running with the Manifesto, ideologies & general discussion forums in August/Sept 08

I don't profess to be an experienced theologist but, rather am taking advantage of this shortcomming & taking a Grass Roots approach at promoting local community spirit & empowerment (somewhat simialar to our Neighbourhood Watch schemes).
I intend to implement a framework of community restricted forums & will be lobbying ministers for the release of localised information via our own centrally co-ordinated system (Weekly list of reported crimes, members of the community who have been found guilty of crimes, Stats relative to other communitys etc.).

As a Minarchist I've decided that one of the founding Principles will be that no active member can be a Member of Parliament, although the Socio-Political Arm will have special licence to run in elections, but will not be allowed to take office, :eek: strange but true (no i'm not mad, there are reasons). Other principles will include not being directly involved (as a member) in matters relating to local investments/economics.

Mandates will be used to try & promote mutually agreed objectives between Government & local communitys. Full Details will be posted when we're up and running.

I'm always open to advise as it's pretty embryonic, but be advised, I have some pretty firm ideas.

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading the Posts on this worthy site.

Good Luck to you all.

Grant

Danke
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
You should come to our Rally September 1 & 2.

yongrel
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Whoa, that sounds awesome! You're a valuable member of the movement from the sounds of it.

Welcome to the forums!

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Good to hear from across the pond. Just friendly warning... people will very likely be rude to you. we have more than just true ron paul supporters on this forum.
we have some jack-asses who are looking to run people off too.

UKMinarchist
07-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Chaps

I've been reading some of the posts & won't be surprised if I get a little Flamed, I have been impressed by the posts of you three guys in particular.

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks! The longing for liberty is universal. It takes activism to achieve it. And you are showing great activism. This is very encouraging.