PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Bomb Countdown Clock only correct if on CST

No1ButPaul08
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
When visiting www.rallyfortherepublic.com I noticed the countdown clock for the ticket bomb was expiring at 10am EST, 9am CST, rather than 11am EST, 10 CST. My clock is on EST, so I set it a hour back so it was on CST, and sure enough, the countdown clock became correct. Don't bother with the countdown clock unless you are already on CST, just remember that the tickets go on sale at 10am CST, which is 11am EST, 9 MST, and 8 PST.

I'm no expert on web design or countdown clocks, but this is pretty amateur if you ask me. It goes with the clock on one's computer, rather than just having a set countdown clock that will actually expire when the tickets go on sale.

Danke
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
And for our International friends, that's: GMT - 05:00

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
someone should call about this

fr33domfightr
07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa... We are on daylight savings time people.

That means, PDT = Pacific Daylight Time, MDT = Mountain Daylight Time, CDT = Central Daylight Time, EDT = Eastern Daylight Time. After we go back to Standard Time, change the "D" to "S".

Perhaps that's where the problem is.

FF

No1ButPaul08
07-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa... We are on daylight savings time people.

That means, PDT = Pacific Daylight Time, MDT = Mountain Daylight Time, CDT = Central Daylight Time, EDT = Eastern Daylight Time. After we go back to Standard Time, change the "D" to "S".

Perhaps that's where the problem is.

FF

This is correct, however, the rally site uses CST, that why I used it, and i did notice it was wrong later. Also, the countdown clock is still wrong. Since I am on EDT, the countdown ends at 10 EDT, instead of on 11 EDT when it should. The tickets go on sale at 10 CDT (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/060040F69A275DEB?artistid=1241314&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=105). The countdown clock is fixed to the time on one's computer. It is set to end whenever your computer says it's 10am on July 25th, rather than having the countdown have a fixed timer ending at 10am CDT on July 25th, like it should. It's very amateur, especially considering they are having labeled as standard time, rather than daylight time.

sidster
07-25-2008, 02:07 AM
I think the problem is the "widget" is using browser's time
to calculate the count down to 10 AM. Which ends up being
incorrect!

Kim4Paul
07-25-2008, 06:50 AM
I said something in the comments last night and it appears to be corrected now.