PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Mini-Pledges?

ronpaulyourmom
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Any web coders out there?

How about making a website for Ron Paul pledges that allow for much smaller pledge projects. I'd feel a lot better about donating $300 if I thought that 4 other people were going to do it with me. The same goes for something like handing out materials. Build in some picture upload capabilities and a comment system to share in the experience and keep a history of all the completed pledges for browsing and it'd be a worthy site for the RP campaign.

We really need a pledge website for all of us. Random inserts in forum posts and the like doesn't really get us far on the cooperation front.

Elwar
08-29-2007, 03:06 PM
You mean like these:

http://www.pledgebank.com/search?q=Ron+Paul

There are a lot of good pledges, some good successes too.

I donated my first $100 because of one of those pledges.

ronpaulyourmom
08-29-2007, 03:33 PM
That's a pretty weak substitute for what i was talking about, but I guess it's something. :)

Lord Xar
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
That's a pretty weak substitute for what i was talking about, but I guess it's something. :)

I think I know what you are talking about... hmmm, let me think on this....

Elwar
08-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Also, in addition to a mini-donation site...

How about a sight where you sign up and pledge to give at least...say $10... each person that signs up.

Let's say 100 people sign up. Each person would have an option of upping his pledge with a meter showing what Ron Paul would end up with if everyone matched that pledge. But, the key would be, everyone would have to pledge that higher pledge before the final obligation kicks in. So you might have 99 people pledge to give $100 and that last guy would get an e-mail showing how if he ups his pledge then Ron Paul will be getting $10,000 as opposed to $1000. Any new person to sign in would have to be pledging whatever the lowest amount is set at.

Set a final day for the pledge and see how far people can push each other to keep upping the pledge.