PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar Protest March planned in MSP for 9/4

mlmvh
07-24-2008, 04:07 PM
The Anti-War Committee, a Twin Cities peace group, is planning a protest march to the RNC Convention on Sept. 4; FYI!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/23/1216663.aspx

Danke
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
"REPUBLICANS: Supporters of Ron Paul are moving their counter-convention to a larger space, closer to the St. Paul festivities."

Actually, it is a little further away.

libertarian4321
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Maybe we should stick around an extra couple of days and join them!

RickyJ
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I am against the war but some of these anti-war protesters are a little nutty. Extreme liberals and extreme conservatives don't really go together too well. I know most here are libertarians, but I am not. I am a extreme conservative who loves Ron Paul.

spotics
07-29-2008, 04:27 AM
I used to be a member of an antiwar group. We protested twice a month. The group was run by grassroots Democrats who took their marching orders from Harry Reid.

These groups are basically controled by the Democratic Party in Washington. Steer clear.

libertarian4321
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I used to be a member of an antiwar group. We protested twice a month. The group was run by grassroots Democrats who took their marching orders from Harry Reid.

These groups are basically controled by the Democratic Party in Washington. Steer clear.

Yes, some anti-war groups are largely Democratic, but certainly not all (and even those are generally not "controlled" by the Democratic party).

I've seen libertarian anti-war groups, Christian anti-war groups, Muslim anti war groups, Jewish anti war groups, Quaker anti-war groups, Mormon anti war groups, anti war groups started by military families, military/veteran anti war groups.

The Iraq war is wildly unpopular in this country, and there is a wide variety of people who oppose the war- and many are not "liberal".

libertarian4321
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I am against the war but some of these anti-war protesters are a little nutty. Extreme liberals and extreme conservatives don't really go together too well. I know most here are libertarians, but I am not. I am a extreme conservative who loves Ron Paul.

Being conservative does NOT mean supporting idiotic wars like the one in Iraq.

I'm a conservative, a Republican, and a soldier. I do not support idiotic wars.

Being a conservative or a Republican does not require BLIND OBEDIENCE to der fuerher, er, the leader just because he has an "R" next to his name...

Indy4Chng
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Why are we in Iraq???? I mean were not even fighting a war anymore, are we? We are basically police there. Why don't we bring them home and set them on the border. At least if we attacked Iran I would understand why we would be there (I would be against obviously), but we won... now lets go home.

Especially now... all the reports are that is violence is down from Fox news and the Iraq's want to be in charge... so again why are we still there??? We should at least lower troop counts. It makes no sense Bush could help his legacy and say Iraq is no longer our responsibilty we did what we needed to and say I'm bringing them home to a "hero's" welcome. Other than Savage conspiracy theory's what is the point of being there?????

McCain says we need to stay till we "win" what the hell else do we have to do????

bucfish
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Stay away do not associate Ron Paul with these people. They are trouble and do crazy things.