PDA

View Full Version : What is Ron Paul's rationale against anarcho-capitalism?

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I realize Ron Paul is not a full anarcho-capitalist (neither am I), but I was wondering if anyone knows what his reasons against anarchism are?

Truth Warrior
07-24-2008, 03:38 PM
He hasn't taken the "Red Pill" yet.<IMHO>

Religion and politics are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.

The ends do NOT justify the means.

nunaem
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
He probably believes, as did our founders, that a limited government was necessary to protect the rights of the individual. The problem of this view is that throughout history there has never been a truly limited government, and the only thing a government protects is it's own expansion of power.

07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if Ron has ever given a thorough critique of anarcho-capitalism and why he has chosen not to adhere to it?

It just seems strange that Ron would be so immersed in Austrian school thought for so long and be so closely associated with the Ludwig von Mises Institute and not have more to say on anarchocapitalism.

nunaem
07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if Ron has ever given a thorough critique of anarcho-capitalism and why he has chosen not to adhere to it?

It just seems strange that Ron would be so immersed in Austrian school thought for so long and be so closely associated with the Ludwig von Mises Institute and not have more to say on anarchocapitalism.

Well, if he were to support anarcho-capitalism, being the beacon of integrity and consistency that he is, he would have to resign from congress. So maybe he is willfully not taking a stand on anarchism so he can remain the only good politician.

Truth Warrior
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
AC is Rothbard. Ron still faithfully believes that the "system" can be "fixed".

We disagree on this TOO, BTW.

ARealConservative
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, if he were to support anarcho-capitalism, being the beacon of integrity and consistency that he is, he would have to resign from congress. So maybe he is willfully not taking a stand on anarchism so he can remain the only good politician.

no, he speaks in favor of term limits.

He doesn't like to alienate anybody with a freedom message, even if they got it wrong. :D

nunaem
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
no, he speaks in favor of term limits.

He doesn't like to alienate anybody with a freedom message, even if they got it wrong. :D

No what? And who got what wrong?? And how did term limits come in?? :confused:

ARealConservative
07-24-2008, 04:42 PM
No what? And who got what wrong?? And how did term limits come in?? :confused:

As a 10 term congressman he still supports term limits.

Now go back and read what you wrote.

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I realize Ron Paul is not a full anarcho-capitalist (neither am I), but I was wondering if anyone knows what his reasons against anarchism are?

Have you tried asking Ron? He doesn't post on this forum. So, there is no chance of you getting the real answer this way.
Though its a good way to stir shit up.

Truth Warrior
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
You might try LRC and/or http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/ :)

07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
You might try LRC and/or http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/ :)

I tried both of those sites before I posted this thread here. Nuttin'.

Indy Vidual
07-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Ron is in favor of securing the borders immediately (http://www.muckrakerreport.com/id447.html), which will take Government...

(unless you try to do it with private contractors?)

Alex Libman
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Anarcho-capitalism is a Utopian dream that can never be achieved, just like a society without use of force can never be achieved for as long as human beings have free will. And some minimal constitutionally-bound government is essential in reducing the amount of violence in a society: a predictable and transparent government that encompasses 5% of the GDP (which is what minarchy can achieve) is way better than no legitimate government and warlords vying for power. And there's also other governments to consider, because a centralized government is like a gun: if you don't have one but Russia and China do then you're screwed. So gradualist minarcho-capitalism is the answer!

Truth Warrior
07-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Our species is "stuck" in barbarism due in large part to the perpetuation of some of our barbaric human institutions.<IMHO> ;)

jcarcinogen
08-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Have you tried asking Ron? He doesn't post on this forum. So, there is no chance of you getting the real answer this way.
Though its a good way to stir shit up.

One of Paul's attributes, as a firm believer, has been a transitional period. The man of the hour indeed, at 72 I'm moved that he would want to run for president in today's atmosphere. A great man unlike any I've had the opportunity to live during the same time as.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Well, one phrase that became a staple of his campaign was, "the rule of law". Essentially, most problems with this country stem from the fact that we're ignoring our most fundamental laws.

Truth Warrior
08-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Just because some goobers in D.C. write some crap and another goober signs it, is that LAW? :confused:

:p

:rolleyes:

:D

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

IRO-bot
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Just because some goobers in D.C. write some crap and another goober signs it, is that LAW? :confused:

:p

:rolleyes:

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

Did you vote for Ron?

Truth Warrior
08-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Did you vote for Ron?
No, I don't vote ( on principle ).

IRO-bot
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
No, I don't vote ( on principle ).

I thought you would say that.

Truth Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I thought you would say that.
Predictions are more effective when made before the event. ;)