PDA

View Full Version : Is this article a joke? So wrong it hurts "The National Ledger: Debating Ron Paul"

RP08
08-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. Article just released. Who is JB Williams?

Source: http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272615728.shtml

Excerpt

Debating Ron Paul
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By JB Williams
Aug 29, 2007

Ron Paul supporters are fast making a name for themselves on the web. Not because they are just web savvy, but because they have proven themselves to be the best at hacking on-line polls, invalidating conservative polling data on behalf of their candidate. It seems that even Democrat 527 MoveOn.org is now onboard the Ron Paul anti-war train.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/ron_paul_face_002.jpg

Despite the fact that presidential candidate Ron Paul can not score better than 3% in any legitimate national poll, his supporters claim he is “the conservative” candidate to beat in the 2008 Republican race for the White House. Despite his less than conservative voting record in congress and his Teddy Kennedy like position on the war on terror in Iraq, his supporters think he is the most “conservative” candidate in the race. How?...

Kuldebar
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
It's disingenuous to say the least.

I get a kick out how Ron Paul's opposition to using the Interstate Commerce Clause to prohibit abortions somehow means he isn't "pro-life" enough.

ARealConservative
08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Mitt Romney has to bus people in to win straw polls.

Yet Ron Paul is the one hacking and spamming. :confused:

1000-points-of-fright
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't even know where to begin. So I won't bother.

jb4ronpaul
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
He is a lying Thompson Hack who is not interested in a a debate and won't post rebuttals, should just ignore him.

PaleoConservative
08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
the guy lost all credibility when he supported campaign finance laws. I thought conservatives were actually united in being against those horrible laws. The whole article was nonsense. But we shouldn't just dismiss it either, this could be a powerful attack piece used against good conservatives who aren't up to date on why Ron votes the way he does.

Nash
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
What these people are attempting to spin Ron Paul's voting record into something that isn't conservative. What makes me upset is that they aren't doing this because they believe their argument, they are doing it because they disagree with him on the war.

The guy flat out hates RP's foreign policy and instead of just saying that he's cherry picking other things to complain about. Of course you can find next to nothing and if you did a side by side comparison with the other candidates Ron Paul's record would crush theirs but nevermind that.

Nevermind the Romney put socialized medicine in his state. Nevermind that Huckabee had an atrocious tax and spend record in his. Nevermind that Rudy is a gun grabber. Nevermind that McCain backs amnesty and campaign finance.

Nevermind any of that dammit because Ron Paul is against the war so we will try to derail him no matter the cost.

These people disgust me. What a bunch of fascist hypocrites.

Elwar
08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Just as long as enough people start to fear the prospect of all of these "online Ron Paul poll hackers" somehow hacking the Diebold machines in favor of Ron Paul.

To the point where they demand a paper ballot. ;)