PDA

View Full Version : You Know The Banking System Is Unsound When.....

llepard
07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
That is the title of this excellent article by the people over at Huliq.com

Mike Shedlock is the author. He is an excellent financial analyst.

http://www.huliq.com/64783/you-know-banking-system-unsound-when

Take a look.

james1906
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Great article. This sounds like the beginning of the Great Depression.

Johnnybags
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Would not a brand new bank be the place to make deposits or invest in an IPO? For the life of me I cannot figure why Wall St is not creating a bank to IPO that starts fresh to take advantage of the coming firesales and take peoples deposits who wish to withdraw from their shaky bank. MY GUESS is a brand new bank would take market share overnight from these bankrupt looming banks. I know I'd switch any assets over to a new bank.

llepard
07-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Would not a brand new bank be the place to make deposits or invest in an IPO? For the life of me I cannot figure why Wall St is not creating a bank to IPO that starts fresh to take advantage of the coming firesales and take peoples deposits who wish to withdraw from their shaky bank. MY GUESS is a brand new bank would take market share overnight from these bankrupt looming banks. I know I'd switch any assets over to a new bank.

Agree. But i think new banks will be gold backed after the crash.

Mahkato
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
ttp://digg.com/business_finance/You_Know_The_Banking_System_Is_Unsound_When_2

ShowMeLiberty
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Agree. But i think new banks will be gold backed after the crash.

I hope you're right.

Great article too. Thanks!

AJ Antimony
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks, that'll make me sleep easier at night...

nate895
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
A good way to get a gold backed bank would be to get a state to make gold and silver legal tender, and then open a bank in that state. Look into how to petition in your state. We can see where it would be most profitable to start this. It would be a boon for that state's economy.

ItsTime
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Im getting a phishing warning when I try to visit the site. any idea why?