PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Bomb tomorrow!

Jeremy
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Who will be buying a ticket for the big rally tomorrow? This is the first official bomb by Ron Paul. =p

By the way, I just want to make sure if you do buy a ticket, you are absolutely positive that you will be going. Don't buy a ticket just to buy a ticket!!!

SnappleLlama
07-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I will be buying two tickets!!

Johnnybags
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I hope not, a stampede would ensue?

SnappleLlama
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Keep bumped...everyone needs to know about this!

acptulsa
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure it is genadm. And I have faith in our ability to be civilized about it.

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
getting 3 tickets and 3 people are coming;)

SnappleLlama
07-24-2008, 11:50 AM
All tickets are general admission ($17.76) unless you donate a bunch of $$$ to the CFL, which allows special seating near the stage:

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/sponsors/?id=10002&title=Become%20a%20Patriot%20for%20only%20$5‚000

and

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/sponsors/?id=10003&title=Become%20a%20Founding%20Father%20for%20only% 20$10‚000

SnappleLlama
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Yay! Just received the official e-mule in my inbox:

-

Thursday, July 24, 2008

In less than 24 hours, the Ticket Bomb for the Rally for the Republic will begin and tickets will go on sale. Will you purchase a ticket and join us in Minneapolis on September 2?

Tickets will cost a very patriotic $17.76, so we hope you will bring the whole family. Can you image the reaction from the political establishment and media if we are able to sell out the Target Center?

Already the media is calling our office interested in the potential of our event. Over 1,500 news stories were written about Ron Paul alone when we announced our rally in Minneapolis two days ago.

Let's send a loud and clear message to the media again this Friday @ 10AM CST when tickets go on sale! Tell them that we will not go unnoticed. Liberty will prevail, and our republic will be restored.

Please make every effort you can to be in Minneapolis. This will be the greatest event Dr. Paul has ever attempted.

We are in negotiations with a handful of headlining musical acts and additional speakers that we will announce to you in the coming weeks. We appreciate all your suggestions, but rest assured, the Rally for the Republic will be nothing less than our moment in history.

In addition to the Rally for the Republic, the Campaign for Liberty has planned three full days of events. Please go to the scheduling page on our website to read about all the activities from Sunday, August 31 - Tuesday, September 2.

Don't forget! Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning @ 10AM CST at the Rally for the Republic website. Be sure you are first in line to grab your seats.

In liberty,

The Campaign for Liberty Team

P.S. - The Rally for the Republic will be the kickoff event for the Campaign for Liberty. We are developing a new nationwide grassroots organization to keep the message of liberty alive. Please encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to join the Campaign for Liberty by going to our website and signing up. Thanks!

ashura
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Is there any sort of ticket support system here amongst the grassroots? I'd love to go but can't, but I still want to contribute so I'd be happy to buy two tickets and donate them to someone who wants to go.

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Is there any sort of ticket support system here amongst the grassroots? I'd love to go but can't, but I still want to contribute so I'd be happy to buy two tickets and donate them to someone who wants to go.

it could help many in minnesota who might not be able to afford to go, we need to get on this asap,if anyone can form something this would be awesome,id be willing to buy 2 more tickets and many others would if others wanted to go in minnesota and other states
but for now just buy your tickets ,then if extras ,we can worry about it,but would be a great project, BRYAN MOD,you think we can get on this??!!!

Jeremy
07-24-2008, 01:20 PM

If you want to contribute, you could always just donate to the CFL =o

ronpaulhawaii
07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
it could help many in minnesota who might not be able to afford to go, we need to get on this asap,if anyone can form something this would be awesome,id be willing to buy 2 more tickets and many others would if others wanted to go in minnesota and other states
but for now just buy your tickets ,then if extras ,we can worry about it,but would be a great project, BRYAN MOD,you think we can get on this??!!!

I'm thinking along the same lines. Those that cannot go can buy tickets and have contests to give them away. Like picking a meetup and sponsoring a pair, given to the member who signs up the most new CfL members in a week.

...or sumptin lidat.

win-Win-WIN!!!

:)

homah
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Excellent idea. All RP supporters, whether able to go to the rally or not, should purchase the maximum allowed number of tickets as soon as they go on sale tomorrow.

There are two huge reasons for this:

1) Keep the tickets out of the hands of non-supporters

2) Selling out in less than 24 hours would generate some media buzz (this should be easy -- to sell out would only require about $300,000)

Buy the tickets now, figure out what to do with them later!

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
an idea
have the option made available to buy a commemorative ticket for those who cannot attend
this way it brings money to the CFL, without leaving empty seats

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 02:00 PM
an idea
have the option made available to buy a commemorative ticket for those who cannot attend
this way it brings money to the CFL, without leaving empty seats

great idea;) just called the cfl and dropped the idea of a ticket for those to buy ,if they are not going, to say they helped and give a donation:) so i think they will go with it:)

there will be no empty seats;) but the commemorative ticket would help them raise money and give people who cannot go something to say they helped;)

SnappleLlama
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
great idea;) just called the cfl and dropped the idea of a ticket for those to buy ,if they are not going, to say they helped and give a donation:) so i think they will go with it:)

there will be no empty seats;) but the commemorative ticket would help them raise money and give people who cannot go something to say they helped;)

OT:

Thanks for the PM ;) I'm too excited about Ronstock!

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 02:07 PM
OT:

Thanks for the PM ;) I'm too excited about Ronstock!

im excited that im going to be offwork for this and i can't wait to meet all the forum members here.Gonna be good times being around alot of like minded people:) plus im working on alot of things to make it over the top;)

we are gonna do this on a shoe-string budget and with volunteers,so we can raise money for the CFL and network with alot of great americans!!!

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 02:12 PM

great

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 02:44 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2699580626_a5069081d4_o.jpg

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2699580626_a5069081d4_o.jpg

but im thinking the cfl will make a flashy one for ones that cannot go;) gives us a reason to buy one ontop of our own tickets.

this could double their money since i want my tickets to go to rally but i want a commemorative ticket as well for my wall:)

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
but im thinking the cfl will make a flashy one for ones that cannot go;) gives us a reason to buy one ontop of our own tickets.

this could double their money since i want my tickets to go to rally but i want a commemorative ticket as well for my wall:)
yep
did they seem receptive to the idea when you called?

ashura
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
If you want to contribute, you could always just donate to the CFL =o

I already decided since CFL launched to do biweekly donations, but this is special. :)

Jamsie 567
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Got Tickets??

http://f588.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f2388791%5fAOBkxEIAAQRgSIj0NgTIQik vFnI&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
yep
did they seem receptive to the idea when you called?

they did;) so i hope we can get our tickets and then get a collector one to;)

MRoCkEd
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
they did;) so i hope we can get our tickets and then get a collector one to;)
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=243

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=243

your idea and here we go, sweet eh;) mrocked you rock,now i have to go and get one;)

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM

good idea, i didn't think of that.

libertarian4321
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
They could probably make more money if they charged different prices- e.g. $17.76 for upper deck, $35 for lower level, $100 for near the stage.

Its the capitalist thing to do :)

speciallyblend
07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
They could probably make more money if they charged different prices- e.g. $17.76 for upper deck, $35 for lower level, $100 for near the stage.

Its the capitalist thing to do :)

He works for ticketmaster and has stock;) teasin

Carole
07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
When they passed the housing bill, buried inside very deep was the new law to report every internet credit card purchase to the IRS.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147827

FYI. :(

Carole
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes there is.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

"Due to popular demand, we will also offer a limited edition Rally for the Republic commemorative ticket for $17.76 (plus $3 s/h per order) tomorrow morning @ 10AM CST for all of those who will not be able to attend. The ticket will be available on the tickets page of the Rally for the Republic website.

It’s a great way to participate in the Ticket Bomb tomorrow and be a part of the Rally for the Republic even if it’s only in spirit. More details, including a design will be announced shortly. The tickets will be laminated and use the Rally for the Republic logo. Thanks for the suggestion!"

Carole
07-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Confusion here about tickets going on sale at 10AM CST.

I am on EDT. So 12PM is correct in Eastern time zone? Why are they still on CST instea of Daylight savings time. That makes it confusing.

"Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" by Chicago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQodOEnovdw

"By popular demand, we will also offer a limited edition Rally for the Republic commemorative ticket for $17.76 (plus $3 s/h per order) tomorrow morning @ 10AM CST for all of those who will not be able to attend. The ticket will be available on the tickets page of the Rally for the Republic website.

It’s a great way to participate in the Ticket Bomb tomorrow and be a part of the Rally for the Republic even if it’s only in spirit. More details, including a design will be announced shortly. The tickets will be laminated and use the Rally for the Republic logo. Thanks for the suggestion!"

SnappleLlama
07-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Wouldn't it be 11 AM EST? The Central Time Zone is only one zone away...

Carole
07-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Yes Snapple, but then we are on EDT so that would make it 12PM, I think. :D :confused:

Why are they using CST anyway if they are on CDT? :p :D

"Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" by Chicago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQodOEnovdw

SnappleLlama
07-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes Snapple, but then we are on EDT so that would make it 12PM, I think. :D :confused:

Why are they using CST anyway if they are on CDT? :p :D

Now you've got that Chicago song in my head! ;)

LOL! Can anyone solve the mystery behind this?? I want to make sure I grab my tickets early!!! :D

SnappleLlama
07-25-2008, 07:21 AM
According to that countdown timer, there's only 1 hour and 32 minutes left...which would make it 11:00 AM Eastern...

Help, help!