PDA

View Full Version : How can we use online game systems to spread the word?

wgadget
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Such as Xbox 360 and the like...

My son talks to people all the time on his game system...Any ideas?

G-khan
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Such as Xbox 360 and the like...

My son talks to people all the time on his game system...Any ideas?

I play Unreal Tournament 2004 and I use the name Ron_Paul_4_Pres and I get comments on it and chat about him. At the end of a lot of games I message all to "vote Ron Paul"

Just a way to get his name out there - this game is an online PC game I don't do xbox

netmasta10bt
08-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I play warcraft on occasion, and have a character named RonPaul. I sometimes leave him logged in by the mailbox where hundreds of people come and hang around.

I have thought of starting a guild for the character with the name President2008. So whenever someone sees RonPaul it says his name and President2008 over his head. Lots of name exposure.

Kuldebar
08-29-2007, 01:45 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Kuldebar/Warrior2008.jpg

JAHOGS
08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I play pokerstars.net almost every night and i mention Ron Paul's name. I say vote RON PAUL 2008. I some times get a "go Obama" ,or a "who is that?" I go on to tell them to go to youtube and type in his name.

I also go on to mention that Dr. Paul is for online gambling.

gtjwkq
08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I play Unreal Tournament 2004 and I use the name Ron_Paul_4_Pres and I get comments on it and chat about him. At the end of a lot of games I message all to "vote Ron Paul"Cool, I never considered changing my nick, I occasionally play Steam games like Natural Selection and DoD. My new nick will be "Vote Ron Paul for President" from now on :)

G-khan
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Cool, I never considered changing my nick, I occasionally play Steam games like Natural Selection and DoD. My new nick will be "Vote Ron Paul for President" from now on :)

Kewl - we get a 1000 of us out there and any server you log into will have a Ron Paul in the match.... hehe They will start to wonder about him?

pyrazole2
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I turn mine off, go outside, and pass out flyers. ;)

I'm kidding, it's great that you're spreading the word while you're getting your entertainment. Believe me, and as you may know, passing out flyers isn't terribly entertaining.

SeanEdwards
08-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I play warcraft on occasion, and have a character named RonPaul. I sometimes leave him logged in by the mailbox where hundreds of people come and hang around.

I have thought of starting a guild for the character with the name President2008. So whenever someone sees RonPaul it says his name and President2008 over his head. Lots of name exposure.

LOL, I made a wow character named ronpaul too.

MikeStanart
08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
2 months ago, when I still played WOW; I would copy / paste a whole paragraph of Ron Paul advertisement and spam it once every 5-10 min....for a few hours....lol

Safe to say, I got several people interested.

gtjwkq
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Kewl - we get a 1000 of us out there and any server you log into will have a Ron Paul in the match.... hehe They will start to wonder about him?I've gone one step further now: using sound clips of Ron Paul and playing them ingame with HLSS (http://www.hlss.us/)! :D

Conversational stuff like "Absolutely", "That is true", "Well, not really", "Thank you, it's a delight to be here" (a great reply when someone acknowledges Ron Paul on the server LOL) and a short snippet of RP laughing is always handy.

I'm also using short sound clips of his more famous statements like "Just come home", "Stay out of entangling alliances", "We should take our marching orders from the Constitution", "I'm the champion of the Constitution" (great when the team wins the match!).

I occasionally play some longer excerpts like, "I trust the Internet a lot more, and I trust freedom of expression, that's why we should never interfere with the Internet" (played it for some guy who asked about net neutrality)

It's always very important not to abuse the use of these sounds, I'm keeping a low profile, only answering to ppl who talk to me. HLSS usage is frowned upon on many servers, so I kept the sound clips short and use them only when they make sense.

Oh, I'm also using a colored decal that I can spray paint on walls ingame. It's a picture of Ron Paul along with his website's URL.

theseus51
09-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I play pokerstars.net almost every night and i mention Ron Paul's name. I say vote RON PAUL 2008. I some times get a "go Obama" ,or a "who is that?" I go on to tell them to go to youtube and type in his name.

I also go on to mention that Dr. Paul is for online gambling.

Yeah, Ron Paul has quite a following on the 2+2 forums, the most popular poker forum around. Almost every 10th post in the politics forum there has Ron Paul in the subject bar, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=politics

I play "fly for fun", a Korean mmorpg. I try to set up a shop everyday in town, with the shop name "Ron Paul for President" or something with an issue "Ron Paul 4 Pres. No Patriot Act" or something. I only have limited spaces so I try my best. =)

wtbuser
09-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Well I play Counter Strike which runs on Half Life 2 which allows players to "spray" an image in game on any wall. I've been spraying a Ron Paul image of some kind for months. I also am a mapper and in my upcoming map I plan to have fixed Ron Paul logos within the map.

Not sure about consoles though. They're not very mod friendly.

Ironically, my nickname used to be "Now With 20% More Infidel" but has been "Now With 20% More Ron Paul" now for months.

Elwar
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
U need to pwn the n00bs then IM them "That's what RP will do 2 Dems in RL"

lolz

im_a_pepper
09-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I played the Halflife 2 mod "Insurgency" as RonPaul08. I played Ron Paul comments over the mic (mind you it was for comedy mostly) and addressed my team that perhaps we should find the motivation for the insurgency before we rush and attack. Was lots of fun and actually had a few people ask who he was and a few defend him when someone said "Ron Paul is a loser!" Anywho I think any way you can just get his name out there is all we need. RonPaul it anyway you can anywhere you can. As long as someone thinks in the back of their mind "Oh yeah I heard of him before......"

mdh
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
My FFXI character's bazaar comment has a link to www.ronpaul.name in the text... and I have sexy gear, so I get /check'd a lot... :p

Blowback
09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I changed my Warcraft 3 name to RonPaul2008. That's a good way as I got a lot of comments.

2young2vote
09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
my Screen name on CSS is (' ) shooter [Vote Ron Paul]

I can't believe how many people on that game know about him. I also can't believe how many people ask about him.

StumbleBum7
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
i play Counterstrike Source a decent amount on steam my name is along the lines of

"Save Our Country Vote Ron Paul" or something of the like. I have gotten many comments and got a good 2-3 people at least interested in him that i know about not including others. also for xfire (online AIM program, u can change your name whenever you want) i changed it to "Vote Ron Paul 2008"

Dear Leader VI
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Halo 1 Online has been infiltrated by a number of Ron Paul fans (Ron Paul 08, Ron Paul, and me, RonPaul2008). Personally, I get questions all the time as to who he is from people, often in large games (12-16 people playing.) I summarize his arguments as best as I can for all to see.

Proud to say I think I converted a few people.

Give me liberty
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Well i think i got a pretty cool idea for a game coming out later this fall in oct,

I am going to make a modification for the game called Universe at War: Earth Assault i was thinking about editing and modding those street pole banners, that you see everyday outside, and i just could simply put in a ron paul street pole banner ad :)

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM

10thAmendmentMan
09-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I hate to be a wet blanket, but spreading the word of Ron Paul in online games might not exactly be the best audience to target. If you're just going for passive Paulination (without being obnoxious!), then I suppose it's better than nothing. However, if you're actively trying to get out his message, your time is probably better spent elsewhere.