PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Manifesto...

pip
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
So I finished the manifesto the other day...and in reading the back of the book, the suggested readings, and he mentioned to read Atlas Shrugged - but said there were major things he disagreed with Ayn Rand on. Does anyone know what specifically he was talking about? Just curious....

Neva:rolleyes:

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
So I finished the manifesto the other day...and in reading the back of the book, the suggested readings, and he mentioned to read Atlas Shrugged - but said there were major things he disagreed with Ayn Rand on. Does anyone know what specifically he was talking about? Just curious....

Neva:rolleyes:

Not sure. All the opinions on this thread will most likely be speculation.

brandon
07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Here is my speculation:

Ayn Rand's philosophy of objectivism states that every person acts solely based on self interest. She was very much against the idea of charity or making sacrifices to help other people.

On the other hand, Ron Paul embraces the Christian philosophy of helping the less fortunate. He just doesn't think that the help should come from the government.

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Here is my speculation:

Ayn Rand's philosophy of objectivism states that every person acts solely based on self interest. She was very much against the idea of charity or making sacrifices to help other people.

On the other hand, Ron Paul embraces the Christian philosophy of helping the less fortunate. He just doesn't think that the help should come from the government.

That would be a very probable speculation.