PDA

View Full Version : Who here is looking for a way to help the campaign but is maxed out?

Sematary
08-29-2007, 12:36 PM
There are those of us who believe that we need to get Ron Paul's ad on Google for certain terms such as "presidential candidates" "presidential race", etc.... You get the idea.
This is going to be EXPENSIVE. Keywords are not cheap for these search terms (anywhere from a nickel to perhaps half a dollar PER CLICK). The good thing is - they are targeted to people who are SEARCHING for these things and you only pay when they click on your ad. Even if they DON'T click on the ad - they will see his name. Perhaps they will click later. This could be the greatest way to use the internet to get Ron Paul's name out of the social networking sites and into mainstream internet usage. To make it work, we need people who will pony up the cash to do it.
The question is - are there people here who can do it or do you know people who would help to pay for this campaign? Do you think it's worth it?

I think the cost per click is fair and if it only takes fifty cents to gain a new voter then it is worth it. Even if only one in 4 people who "click through" become supporters, it's still inexpensive.

Thoughts?

bc2208
08-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree it's worth it but a) how many times do you click ads with an open mind and not by accident, and b) 1 in 4 is a high estimate. I'm more conservative about the #s, but it can never hurt.

I'm not maxed out though, so I'll be reserving my donations to the campaign.

stevedasbach
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
We need to check each search term to see what comes up before we can decide if it's worthwhile.

For example, if you Google "presidential candidates", the first entry is a sponsored link for YouTube.com. Personally, I think that's a great place to send people who are looking for information about the presidential campaign -- they'll see right away that Ron Paul is the top candidate. No real advantage in paying for that search term.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
We need to check each search term to see what comes up before we can decide if it's worthwhile.

For example, if you Google "presidential candidates", the first entry is a sponsored link for YouTube.com. Personally, I think that's a great place to send people who are looking for information about the presidential campaign -- they'll see right away that Ron Paul is the top candidate. No real advantage in paying for that search term.

That doesn't advertise for Ron Paul though and the "average" American is going to look to the right and see "Obama".
That's what we need to get into.

njandrewg
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
well the people who click google adwords are usually the sheep who don't know much about internet.

Personally I've been clicking opposition's adwords in order to use up some of their cash :P + since I usually read ronpaul blogs etc that extra $$ goes to a RP supporter

Mort
08-29-2007, 02:08 PM
well the people who click google adwords are usually the sheep who don't know much about internet.

Yes, and those infrequent internet users are a demographic we are interested in.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, and those infrequent internet users are a demographic we are interested in.

Exactly, so we need to hit them.

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm spending a bunch of money on my radio station, so I can't donate to the campaign. But if people want to donate to the radio station, that'll free up some funds I can use for donating the campaign ;)

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm spending a bunch of money on my radio station, so I can't donate to the campaign. But if people want to donate to the radio station, that'll free up some funds I can use for donating the campaign ;)

I'm in the same boat. I am recently married and short on cash, but I have been distributing hundreds of Ron Paul Business Cards for the past day or so. I am running out and would really appreciate help in purchasing some more. Please send me a PM if you are interested in helping me out.

McDermit
08-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I just hope click fraud doesn't hit you where it hurts.. but if it does, you'll have no way of even knowing.

Elwar
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
tapped out? Sell your stuff at http://www.unbaylievable.com

Sematary
08-30-2007, 04:12 PM
So I'm still looking for interested parties. I figured we could try a "trial run" by putting in a couple of hundred dollars for the account and seeing how it goes.
Anybody want to help me with that?

Sematary
08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
bump