PDA

View Full Version : PAC - Political Action Commities

tekkierich
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
If we want to play with the Big Boys and Girls then we need to use the rules of the game to our advantage just as they do.

The rules are as they are currently and we need to fight within those rules.

How does one go about creating a PAC? As I understand it PACs are vehicles for political speech and organizing outside of a campaign. I want to know if there is already some Ron Paul focused PAC's out there. If there is a need for more of them to do other tasks how does one go about creating one of them.

As my understanding goes a PAC is an entity similar to a Non-profit corporation with governance requirements also stemming from the FEC.

Chester Copperpot
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
If we want to play with the Big Boys and Girls then we need to use the rules of the game to our advantage just as they do.

The rules are as they are currently and we need to fight within those rules.

How does one go about creating a PAC? As I understand it PACs are vehicles for political speech and organizing outside of a campaign. I want to know if there is already some Ron Paul focused PAC's out there. If there is a need for more of them to do other tasks how does one go about creating one of them.

As my understanding goes a PAC is an entity similar to a Non-profit corporation with governance requirements also stemming from the FEC.

There is one PAC that Ron Paul receives some funding from. But it sure doesnt sound like a typical pac.. I forget its exact name.. But its a pac for Constitutional education.. (or something to that effect)... Probably a group of concerned citizens.. probably alot different than a 'PAC' created by a drug company or weapons company to fund their politicians