PDA

View Full Version : Proudest moment as an RP supporter vs. Most shameful moment as an RP supporter

The One
07-23-2008, 11:00 AM
For me....

Proudest moment--After the first Fox News debate, when RP had been booed and appeared to have no support whatsoever, but then he won the text poll by a landslide. I was jumping around my living room going nuts when those first poll numbers showed up.

Most shameful moment--When that first lame-ass ad came out from the campaign and that goofy asshole said, "He's catching on.....I'm tellin' ya." I did not want to be associated with that commercial.

Kludge
07-23-2008, 11:03 AM
PM - When I went to my favorite butcher and noticed his property and front desk was loaded to capacity with Ron Paul pamphlets/signs/banners etc.

MSM - When I read the "Ron Paul Drinks Fiji Water" thread...

The One
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
PM - When I went to my favorite butcher and noticed his property and front desk was loaded to capacity with Ron Paul pamphlets/signs/banners etc.

MSM - When I read the "Ron Paul Drinks Fiji Water" thread...

You asked for it.....check the new posts page.:p

RonPaulFanInGA
07-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Proudest: Toss up between the money bombs or when Paul defeated Peden by over forty percentage points.

Shameful: Definitely the 'Ron Paul drinks Fiji water' thread. Gosh that was awful.

The One
07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Proudest: Toss up between the money bombs or when Paul defeated Peden by over forty percentage points.

Shameful: Definitely the 'Ron Paul drinks Fiji water' thread. Gosh that was awful.

You guys are hurting me. I repeat.....just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone.

Jeremy
07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
WHAT

the "he's catchin' on i'm tellin' you" IS THE BEST THING EVER :D

glts
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Proudest: Everytime I hear Ron Paul speak. Especially when he stood before the salivating warmongering masses and said "We have to come to our senses about this issue of war and preemption ..." (I could almost see a halo)

Shameful: That we couldn't wake up more people.

Noleader
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Oddly the proudest time for me had nothing to do with the man himself. It was when I realized there are a lot of fellow Americans that know things are wrong and liberty is in danger.

As for shameful I really can't think of any.

ronpaulhawaii
07-23-2008, 11:47 AM
PM- Marching in DC with the ohana

MSM - The SGP debacle

Jamsie 567
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Proudest moment: November 5th...

Shameful moment: Super Tuesday totally bummed out HAHA

SeanEdwards
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Proudest: Everytime I hear Ron Paul speak. Especially when he stood before the salivating warmongering masses and said "We have to come to our senses about this issue of war and preemption ..." (I could almost see a halo)

Same for me. That was a truly powerful moment and Aravoth captured it one of those early videos he made so I saw it over and over again, and it never got old.

Shameful for me was when Paul was interviewed by Wolf Blitzer on CNN and given a chance to respond to the racist newsletter junk, and he fumbled it. I think I knew right then that the slim chance of winning the nomination dropped to no chance.

pauletteNV
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Most Proud: When Dr. Paul came in to speak at the NV GOP Convention. I was sitting at the very back of the room and you could see everyone leaning forward as though to catch every word.
Least Proud: When supposed "supporters" back away and post and talk about other candidates...before the fat lady sings and while others are still working deligently on behalf of Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Proudest: witnessing his response to "do you have any, sir?"

Shameful: not bothering to register to vote for my state's primary because I was sure he didn't stand a chance. Although, I was right

V-rod
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Proudest Moment: Huge Tea Party money bomb. Ron Paul Radio even played Alice in Wonderland tea party theme during last 2 minutes before midnight.

Shameful Moment: Hearing about some supporters disrupting other candidate rallies and acting like jerks to other people. Also, the government conspiracy threads.

ShowMeLiberty
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Proudest Moment: Huge Tea Party money bomb. Ron Paul Radio even played Alice in Wonderland tea party theme during last 2 minutes before midnight.

Shameful Moment: Hearing about some supporters disrupting other candidate rallies and acting like jerks to other people. Also, the government conspiracy threads.

Mine are the same. Except for the conspiracy threads. I don't believe everything is a conspiracy, but I think somebody needs to ask the questions because once in a while a conspiracy is real.

Proudest: Tea Party Money Bomb

Most Shameful: RP supporters chasing Sean Hannity down the street in NH. That was over the line.

V-rod
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Mine are the same. Except for the conspiracy threads. I don't believe everything is a conspiracy, but I think somebody needs to ask the questions because once in a while a conspiracy is real.

My favorite philosophical school of thought in the last 8 years is skepticism. :cool:

http://www.skeptic.com/

Although, I am usually more skeptical of conspiracy theories than with the "evil government propaganda". :rolleyes:

In addition, another favorite moment was back in early July 2007 when we found out he had more cash than McCain. That was awesome for our little underdog campaign. :cool:

yongrel
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
PM: Walking through the mall and seeing two young parents wearing Obama shirts, while there 5 year old child wore a Ron Paul shirt.

MSM: Damn Truthers that thought it would be cool to walk around with "9/11 was an inside job" signs at a Ron Paul rally in New Hampshire.

H Roark
07-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Also the proudest moment for me.

Shameful: When RP did not win the New Hampshire primary.

Angriest Moment: The entire debate with the remaining 4 candidates hosted by Anderson Cooper on CNN. I still can't get over how that pencil-head Cooper treated RP! :mad:

ninepointfive
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Proudest Moment: Super tuesday most half the room clapped for my speech even though they cast their votes for romney.

Shameful moment: To discuss politics, and hear that many say they supported Paul, but are now voting obama. :(

rancher89
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Angriest Moment: The entire debate with the remaining 4 candidates hosted by Anderson Cooper on CNN. I still can't get over how that pencil-head Cooper treated RP! :mad:

+2012--I've yelled at my tv before, but never, ever like I did that night. and no one ever called him on it as far as I know....

PM--Nov 5th, close second---Boston Tea Party in person

MSM--SGP threads, close second---this one's personal---the "dictator" thread

SeanEdwards
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Shameful moment: To discuss politics, and hear that many say they supported Paul, but are now voting obama. :(

It's not our fault that this stupid system is forcing us to choose between an old white asshole and a young black asshole. Ron Paul isn't in the race anymore, in case you hadn't noticed.

ninepointfive
07-23-2008, 03:13 PM
It's not our fault that this stupid system is forcing us to choose between an old white asshole and a young black asshole. Ron Paul isn't in the race anymore, in case you hadn't noticed.

Of course I've noticed he suspended. And actually there are other options than just those two.

brandon
07-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Proudest moment: RP supporters chasing Hannity in NH

Shameful moment: When I lost my national delegate race

The One
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Proudest moment: RP supporters chasing Hannity in NH

Shameful moment: When I lost my national delegate race

I was proud of that moment, too. I don't understand those who call it their most shameful moment. I would have listed it as my proudest moment if they had given him a wedgie. They didn't go far enough, imho.

qh4dotcom
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM

The stupid system is not holding a gun to your head and asking you to choose between McCain and Obama...you have other options like staying at home or voting for a third party candidate

RonPaulwillWin
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
PM - The creativity of the grassroots projects during the peak. Hundreds of chipins (being filled rather quickly), the blimp, RP airforce, Operation live free or die.....Also that time when hundreds of RP supporters came to wave signs behind cnn reporters during the new Hampshire primaries.

MSM - All those racist accusations (even though they were false).

The One
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I forgot about the 25-foot pole guy. That was a proud moment as well.

Kludge
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh - that Ron Paul High Tide ad (http://www.hightidepromo.com/large.html) was pretty awesome...

muzzled dogg
07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
lol some great memories in here

SeanEdwards
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
The stupid system is not holding a gun to your head and asking you to choose between McCain and Obama...you have other options like staying at home or voting for a third party candidate

There's no guns involved, but it will be McLame or Obomba that wins in November, and that's a fact. You may think it's a good choice to stay home, or throw your vote away. Good for you. I prefer to use my one vote to try and influence which of the two assholes wins.

V-rod
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
I prefer to use my one vote to try and influence which of the two assholes wins.

Agreed, I'm voting for the devil that I know than the devil that I don't.

Kludge
07-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Who's that?

qh4dotcom
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
There's no guns involved, but it will be McLame or Obomba that wins in November, and that's a fact. You may think it's a good choice to stay home, or throw your vote away. Good for you. I prefer to use my one vote to try and influence which of the two assholes wins.

Your insignificant single vote is not going to be a tiebreaker vote that determines who wins the election. Unlike you, my conscience will actually haunt me for the next 4 years if I vote for any of those two clowns. Just ask anyone who regrets having voted for Bush.

The One
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM

So you're voting for the devil. Good call.:rolleyes:

smileylovesfreedom
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Proudest - When we won all 3 national delegate and 2 alternate spots at the Congressional District 5 convention in Minnesota - Sweep :D

Most Shameful - When the MN GOP "leadership" banned Dr. Paul from speaking at the State convention and had the keynote speaker be Karl Rove instead :( At least, Dr. Paul still made it and gave a great speech to all of us supporters in the park behind the civic center :)

constituent
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Proudest: Waking up and turning on Washington Journal to find out that RP was going to be on, only for him to announce he was running for president. Then when all the calls started pouring in and you could hear the electricity in the callers voices knowing how big it could be. For me it was freakin' amazing.

Most Shameful: Many, too numerous to mention.

SeanEdwards
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Your insignificant single vote is not going to decide who wins the election.....it won't be a tiebreaker vote.

Fine. Then why do people flip out if a RP supporter says they will vote for McLame or Obomba, if our votes don't matter?

Kludge
07-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Fine. Then why do people flip out if a RP supporter says they will vote for McLame or Obomba, if our votes don't matter?

Can't have people wrong on the internet, can we?

TastyWheat
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
PM: Ron Paul's Speech at the TX Convention. Not the largest crowd ever, but it was good to see so many delegates had their heads on their shoulders (not up their asses).

MSM: Getting single digit support in his home state.

Flash
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Proudest-- First debate I watched with Ron Paul, where he came in third I think in the text polls.

Funniest-- Sean Hannity crying and acting like a victim because people were yelling "Ron paul" around him.

Shameful-- Ron Paul didn't win any of the primarys.

mtmedlin
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Proudest: When we shattered the $500,000 mark on our very first thermometer and realized that 1 million was doable!

Funniest: Sean hannities face after the first debate when Ron Paul rocked the vote.

Shameful: Every freaking thread by SeekLiberty

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Proudest: Boston Tea Party Moneybomb

Most Shameful: When the 9/11 Truther Ron Paul supporters yelled Rudy Giuliani off the Macinac Ferry. ><;;

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Proudest - When MTV did their candidates special and they cut to a scene outside with Ron Paul's face on the extremely large TV screen outside and there were crowds of people chanting Ron Paul. The entire scene was just extremely powerful and that moment is tied with the march for life rally just because it was an awesome day.

Shameful - arguing over the damn blimp constantly and those supporters who left after super tuesday because they thought this would be easy.

pinkmandy
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Proudest: "I'm saying we should take our marching orders from the Constitution!" I get chills thinking about it. Love you, Dr. Paul.

Funniest: Snowballs at Hannity. I laugh everytime I think about it. :D

Most disappointing: Watching RP supporters go at each other over the little things out of anger I guess...we need to lighten up more.

And I agree that the angriest was that sham of a debate hosted by Cooper. :mad:

Truth Warrior
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Proud / shame, do not compute.<IMHO> ;)

Flash
07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Shameful - arguing over the damn blimp constantly and those supporters who left after super tuesday because they thought this would be easy

Too bad so many people thought Ron Paul would actually win. It could take 3 or more 'Ron Pauls' to get into the white house.