PDA

View Full Version : "Recharge Your Enthusiasm Batteries" Speaking Tour - Ed Vallejo!

AZ Libertarian
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
My name is Ed, and I'm the Organizer of The Ron Paul for President - Phoenix Meetup Group. We were the first Ron Paul Meetup Group, created before Ron threw his hat in the ring, and it was our Group members that devised the now infamous "Ron Paul R3VOLUTION" banner with the evol letters in red, transversed, and outlined in red to accentuate the word "LOVE" that appears. Since Ron has suspended his Presidential Campaign our Group is now "Ron Paul and his Campaign for Liberty = R3VOLUTION! Meetup Group". Phoenix is the birthplace of the R3VOLUTION, and has been in the forefront of activism that has been felt not just here in America, but across the planet. The inroads made just in the making of banners and the brilliance of that story alone is marvelous.
Needless to say, I have seen alot. I have done alot.
I was one of the two Lt. Marshals at the Revolution March in Washington D.C. in charge of Security under Grand Marshal Trevor Oyate, I personally guarded Congressman Paul at the stage before he went on, and I was honored to be in charge of the assembly point, and to be able to give the word to begin the March.
This is a YouTube video taken of me at the Assembly Point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_J5McZ6HM
And this was after driving with my fellow Group Members 41 hours from Phoenix to DC with limited stops, putting up banners all the way - including five more hours of putting up banners in and around the Capitol when we got there because we were so pumped up. Followed by the distribution and posting of approximately 15 to 20 thousand pieces of literauture and the hundreds of banners put up in the days leading up to the March. By the time the March started, I had had six hours sleep total since arriving in D. C., and only two meals.
I had a friend and RP supporter help me out by taking over six hours of digital video for me from directly stage left. This adds to the 20 to 30 hours of videotape taken at our Group's events over the last year and then some - taken mostly by my hand.
I was so moved by the sum total of my life, my experiences, walking hallowed grounds for the first time, Marching with so many like minded Patriots that just want the simple freedoms that were given by Providence and are guaranteed by our Supreme Law of the Land the U. S. Constitution (is that so much to ask?), and weeping at the foot of the Jefferson Memorial, I have decided I am not going home. Not yet. I sent the party I came with back without me.
I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to fire people up and get them empowered to do what has to be done to not let the bad guys win. Since they own the media, we have had to become our own media, and speaking in public to groups of people and word-of-mouth have been our only alternative for the majority of people who do not have computers or internet access - aside from 'street actions' in the form of cards and flyers put on cars and in places where they can be seen by large amounts of the public. So I am going on tour to do what I do best - speak my heart to the People. It seems when I do that, people get infected somehow by getting the message I have, warming their hearts, and stoking the fire that burns within us all that truly wants things to be right - but are oppressed - yes I used the right word - oppressed by demands on their personal lives that would be relieved immediately if they weren't giving so much of the fruits of their labor to a small number of men in charge that have been acting in unconstitutional ways that keep their feet on the back of the necks of said individuals that JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. To live their lives and work and raise their families in their own way. Without intrusion.
I want to try and do for our Country what I did for our Meetup Group at home: RECHARGE THEIR ENTHUSIASM BATTERIES! I am going to attempt to speak to as many RP/CFL Meetup Groups as I can from New York to California. If I am successful, I will continue the tour through Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and work my way Eastward until I catch up with The Great American Walk for Freedom, and March into Minneapolis in early September with Congressman Paul and many others that are now coming from three different directions beginning August 11th.
If your Group, or any small gathering of your Group is interested in hearing me speak and talking with me afterwards, please let me know. My personal e-mail address is: psychictaxi@yahoo.com - and please include a phone number where I can call you.

Ed Vallejo, Organizer
My Meetup Profile: http://www.meetup.com/members/1758767/
Ron Paul and his Campaign for Liberty = R3VOLUTION!
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/7/

Check out our Photos!
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/7/photos/

"Rights are like muscles; you must exercise them to keep them fit or they will atropy and die." - Ed

__________________________________________________ _____________
Above text is being forwarded to RP/CFL Meetup Groups around the country. If you can help by forwarding it, please do.

UPDATE

I am currently in Syracuse, NY, staying with my son that I haven't seen in 12 years. I am available to speak to your Group if you are between NY and AZ on my experiences in the R3VOLUTION, and the March in DC, and the CFL, and the future. It's what I call the "Recharge Your Enthusiasm Batteries Tour" - and I am trying to reclaim the interest we had all last year. I have a confirmed (all but the date) engagement in Pittsburg, and a possible one in Memphis. If you are in my path home and would like your Group to get a taste of where Phoenix has been and what all we have done, and a vision for the future, shoot me a line here at the Forums and I'll get back with you at my first available opportunity (I'm also dealing with limited internet access while on the road).

I also have a lot of video to show of our Group's journey to DC, our activism there, and the March. It's a one-man show not to be missed!

Ed

New York For Paul
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for your work. Great job.

AZ Libertarian
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Thank you New York! Does your Group have an Event in the near future? I will be leaving New York soon, and I sure would like to talk with other Meetup people here before I head for Pittsburg.

Ed