PDA

View Full Version : Fire Jesse Benton Now - chapter 237

walt
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Paul and his wife were aboard the flight and left New Orleans by 5:30 p.m., said Jesse Benton, a spokesman for Paul's non-profit Campaign For Liberty.

"There's no cause for alarm," Benton said.

Way to get the message out about your other activities in your quote - NOT - a rock has more PR skills than you do.

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
What?

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Obviously, Ron Paul disagrees with your assessment, or he wouldn't have chosen Benton to work for his new organization.

Sandra
07-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Apparently Ron Paul agrees with Jesse Benton. He said the plane episode was more of an annoyance. Besides, If he did fire him, Papaw might catch hell with Benton being engaged to a grandkid.

votefreedomfirst
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Benton but you never know what the press chooses not to quote.

That said, there is cause for alarm...it just has nothing to do with yesterday's incident.

weslinder
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
A. Jesse is a great political operative, who was really successful before Dr. Paul's political campaign. He jumped on the the campaign because he was passionate about it, before it was paying much. He is a very good PR guy.

B. I think he's dating one of Dr. Paul's granddaughters.

Kludge
07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Am I missing something? He didn't use Ron's plane incident to pimp CFL so he should be fired?

steph3n
07-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Am I missing something? He didn't use Ron's plane incident to pimp CFL so he should be fired?

yea something like that

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM

Absolutely.

"No need to panic...the plane touched down without incident. Doctor Paul is okay, and it was more of an annoyance than a life-threatening situation! Oh, and by the way, we're holding a rally in September!"

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Paul and his wife were aboard the flight and left New Orleans by 5:30 p.m., said Jesse Benton, a spokesman for Paul's non-profit Campaign For Liberty.

"There's no cause for alarm," Benton said.

Way to get the message out about your other activities in your quote - NOT - a rock has more PR skills than you do.

How many interview have you given?
I've given more than i can recollect. 99% of the time, i don't get to choose what the reporter writes. And 80% of the time, I am quoted out of context.

Unless you were at the interview, and know for a fact, Jesse didn't mention anything about upcoming events, its all supposition.

MRoCkEd
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
"There's no cause for alarm," said Jesse Benton. "Unless you are talking about the upcoming financial crisis, heh!!" he added.

Don
07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I've given more than i can recollect. 99% of the time, i don't get to choose what the reporter writes. And 80% of the time, I am quoted out of context.

Unless you were at the interview, and know for a fact, Jesse didn't mention anything about upcoming events, its all supposition.

If Jesse had mixed messages that way, I would have strangled him myself. You will recall all of the hysterics on this board yesterday. His only function at that moment was to put down the rumors and panic before they became a PR problem. Notice the "comments closed" statement on the Cfl web site that went up as soon as we talked to Ron? That was not without reason. He got us over 1000 media hits yesterday and did dozens of interviews about CfL. Kudos Jesse!

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
If Jesse had mixed messages that way, I would have strangled him myself. You will recall all of the hysterics on this board yesterday. His only function at that moment was to put down the rumors and panic before they became a PR problem. Notice the "comments closed" statement on the Cfl web site that went up as soon as we talked to Ron? That was not without reason. He got us over 1000 media hits yesterday and did dozens of interviews about CfL. Kudos Jesse!

I never said he should be fired for not mentioning upcoming events.
The OP started an indictment based on supposition. I know so. And I illustrated how it was supposition via my example from personal experience.
Just to make myself clear. I'm not advocating his position.

walt
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
A. Jesse is a great political operative, who was really successful before Dr. Paul's political campaign. He jumped on the the campaign because he was passionate about it, before it was paying much. He is a very good PR guy.

B. I think he's dating one of Dr. Paul's granddaughters.

I think B prevents Ron from doing the right thing on this issue. :(

ARealConservative
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM

this post really should of put an end to this nonsensical thread.

page two is a total waste. :)