PDA

View Full Version : Digg: Bob Barr Money Bomb

libertythor
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/August_5th_AXE_the_TAX_a_BarrBomb

Copy and paste the link above into your browser.

OR

Click on the link below, remove the 0, and press enter.

ht0tp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/August_5th_AXE_the_TAX_a_BarrBomb

libertythor
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
07-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Bob Barr does not deserve a money bomb.

When he starts traveling around the nation bringing gift bags and letters of apology to all the innocent drug users he put into prison, states he supports the IRS being abolished and replaced with NOTHING (not the UN-fair tax), and states how much of a FASCIST he was to vote for the PATRIOT ACT then he will deserve a money bomb.

Miexon
07-22-2008, 10:47 PM
im very indifferent about bob barr... not sure who i'll be voting for in the fall.

bluto20
07-23-2008, 01:52 AM
until ron paul officially endorses him i am not doing anything to help the man. sorry

Knightskye
07-23-2008, 02:55 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/August_5th_AXE_the_TAX_a_BarrBomb

Copy and paste the link above into your browser.

OR

Click on the link below, remove the 0, and press enter.

ht0tp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/August_5th_AXE_the_TAX_a_BarrBomb

Dude, you don't have to break the link for a Digg.

Also, this is three days before the Accountability Now moneybomb. You're not "axing the tax", you're axing Accountability. I'm fine with a Barr bomb, but not if it takes the air out of something important.

CelestialRender
07-23-2008, 08:28 AM
I decided not to reregister LP when they nominated Barr. However, having watched him on Glenn Beck, I have come to terms with him. He's still better than the other two contenders.

We're going to get a bit of a backlash, though, when he delivers Georgia to Obama. Count on it.

Kade
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm about as excited about Bob Barr as I am about chipotle enemas.

Andrew-Austin
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm about as excited about Bob Barr as I am about chipotle enemas.

So, can you see any value in opening up the two party system by promoting the libertarian party?

Kade
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
So, can you see any value in opening up the two party system by promoting the libertarian party?

Yes, I can. Doesn't mean I'm excited about it.

Andrew-Austin
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Yes, I can. Doesn't mean I'm excited about it.

Meh, suppose I'm not "excited" either.

brandon
07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Bob Barr does not deserve a money bomb.

When he starts traveling around the nation bringing gift bags and letters of apology to all the innocent drug users he put into prison, states he supports the IRS being abolished and replaced with NOTHING (not the UN-fair tax), and states how much of a FASCIST he was to vote for the PATRIOT ACT then he will deserve a money bomb.

agreed

Knightskye
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
We're going to get a bit of a backlash, though, when he delivers Georgia to Obama. Count on it.

Or when he wins Georgia. :)

People sure loved Ron Paul saying he wanted to replace it with nothing. Take a look at what Wayne Root said in an interview with the Columbia Daily Tribune:

Q: It seems the Libertarian Party in years past did not support incrementally enacting its agenda.

A: And that’s why they got 300,000 votes, and now we have a chance to get 10 million votes, 20 million votes. … Again, we’re an underdog, but there’s an outside shot at winning this election. We’re at 6 percent in the latest Zogby poll, which is 6 or 7 million votes. And we just got started. It’s the most high-profile ticket ever. And Bob Barr and I believe in incremental change. That’s what we believe in. And we are the face and voice of the LP.

Yes, it would be nice to get rid of it and not put anything in its place, but that doesn't get a lot of votes. What's better? Proposing radical change and never getting elected, or proposing incremental change and getting elected?

You lower spending, you replace the income tax with the sales tax, you keep lowering spending and lowering the percentage of the Fair tax, and eventually it could be gone. Slow and steady wins the race.

And about the Patriot Act: Say you were a congressman in the days after 9/11, you have 15 minutes to read the 300+ pages of the Patriot Act. What would you have done?