PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul republican, Michael Delavar, outraises incumbent

Libertarian Ideals
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Michael Delavar Congressional Campaign Jumps Ahead of Brian Baird in Private Donations (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/7/prweb1122964.htm)

Republican Michael Delavar has received the largest dollar amount in private grass-roots cash donations of any candidate running for congress in Washington's third congressional district, including the incumbent Democrat Brian Baird.

Vancouver, WA (PRWEB) July 20, 2008 -- Michael Delavar, Republican candidate for congress in Washington State's third congressional district running against incumbent Democrat Brian Baird, received the largest dollar amount in private-party donations for the period of April 1 to June 30, 2008.

According to results posted at the Federal Election Commission website, Mr. Delavar received private cash donations to his campaign totaling $21,125. Over the same time period, Brian Baird received $17,979, and Christine Webb received $4710. Amounts received by the Cheryl Crist campaign were not available at the time of this release.

I'm really gratified by the remarkable level of grass-roots support our campaign is receiving throughout the third congressional district. It just shows how frustrated voters have become with the business-as-usual attitude shown by the incumbent.
During the same time period, Mr. Baird also reported receiving approximately $42,000 from special interest groups.

Mr. Delavar stated: "I'm really gratified by the remarkable level of grass-roots support our campaign is receiving throughout the third congressional district. It just shows how frustrated voters have become with the business-as-usual attitude shown by the incumbent."

Thanks to the widespread support, the campaign will have Mr. Delavar at the Clark County Harvest Days parade, while the Delavar supporters of Lewis County and Wahkiakum County have a presence at their parades as well.

Mr. Delavar continued, "I certainly wish I could be in all three parades at the same time, but I am thrilled that excited supporters are taking our message to the people on their own. "

Lowering taxes, reducing the size of government, a strong respect for the Constitution, and a love of a sovereign America are the underlying themes in Michael Delavar's campaign. Mr. Delavar, a captain with Horizon Airlines, is on leave of absence from flying while he campaigns full-time. He lives in Washougal with his wife and two children. Mr. Delavar is running as an anti-occupation Republican against the pro-war incumbent Brian Baird (D).

http://www.delavarforcongress.com/

Digg it!
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Anti_occupation_Republican_draws_more_cash_than_pr o_war_Dem

yongrel
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Nice!

Kotin
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
sweet!!!!

muzzled dogg
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
let see if he can buy some votes now

MRoCkEd
07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
outraises him in private donations
not when you include special interest moneyy

Libertarian Ideals
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
outraises him in private donations
not when you include special interest moneyy

Right. I didn't want to extend the title with the specifics though. I'll edit the initital post and embolden the "small print" if enough people think its deceptive.

Although, I still consider this a great success worth sharing & being happy with.

Libertarian Ideals
07-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Bump.

Why did everyone stop commenting?