PDA

View Full Version : YouTube vids

BillyDkid
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I would like to record a collection of the best RP youtube videos onto a CD - is that doable? I am not real knowledgeble about this stuff. Also, people talk about "The Ron Paul DVD" - where do you get these from. thanks, BDK

risiusj
08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
You need to get the embedded video from the site somehow.
If you use Firefox, the best way is to get the add on "Video Downloader"
If you use IE, you can go into the settings and find the folder that stores images, videos, etc that you load while on the internet. It'd be easiest to delete everything in the folder, then watch the video, that way you can find it easily.

After you get the file onto your hard drive, you'll probably want it to be in a better format, since flash files can only be played on a few players. I'm not sure of any exact applications, but I'm sure you can find something that will convert flash video to simple WMV or whatever you please.

Hope that helps.

BillyDkid
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the advise.

lucius
08-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I would like to record a collection of the best RP youtube videos onto a CD - is that doable? I am not real knowledgeble about this stuff. Also, people talk about "The Ron Paul DVD" - where do you get these from. thanks, BDK

Check out this post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=23994&postcount=15