PDA

View Full Version : Anyone down with not filing federal taxes next year?

berrybunches
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before but eventually I think we will have to start using civil disobedience like this if we want some real change. It would only work if thousands did it at once and were vocal about it (did not hide it) in protest of waste and warfare/welfare.

I better not talk to long about it though. According to the IRS website the first amendment does not apply to speech talking negatively of federal taxes or tax avoidance. No joke it says: Nor does the First Amendment protect commercial speech or speech that aids or incites taxpayers to unlawfully refuse to pay federal income taxes, including speech that promotes abusive tax avoidance schemes.
http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=159932,00.html#_Toc153765518

Apparently the tax code supersedes the constitution.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't admit to it on a public forum.

SnappleLlama
07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
i wouldn't admit to it on a public forum.

this!

OhioMichael
07-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Apparently the tax code supersedes the constitution.

What doesn't these days?

You are correct: This type of civil disobedience may be necessary to bring about real change.

I am unable to participate, though. My taxes are automatically withheld from my paychecks. If I didn't file, I wouldn't get my 'refund'. The government is clever. They know that many would not pay taxes if it was a voluntary act.

Also, I'd rather not be in jail. ;)

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
What doesn't these days?

You are correct: This type of civil disobedience may be necessary to bring about real change.

I am unable to participate, though. My taxes are automatically withheld from my paychecks. If I didn't file, I wouldn't get my 'refund'. The government is clever. They know that many would not pay taxes if it was a voluntary act.

Also, I'd rather not be in jail. ;)

Claim 10 dependents.

Truth Warrior
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm down with being number 10,000,001. ;)

Paulfan05
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I didnt file taxes, but I didnt work either lol

ladyjade3
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Maybe hanging garlic all around your front door will keep the auditors away...

berrybunches
07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't admit to it on a public forum.

Good point.

The headlines:
"Ron Paul fans plan tax cheat scheme" lol

If the mods deem it this can be placed in hot topics or removed. I don't want to hurt the movement especially before the CFL rally.

But one day, I think, we might start having to revolt and take chances. Where would we go to plan these things? I am not talking about violence, of course

brandon
07-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm sure as hell not paying for the Iran war. If that war starts, my cooperation with the federal tax code stops.

torchbearer
Good point.

The headlines:
"Ron Paul fans plan tax cheat scheme" lol

If the mods deem it this can be placed in hot topics or removed. I don't want to hurt the movement especially before the CFL rally.

But one day, I think, we might start having to revolt and take chances. Where would we go to plan these things? I am not talking about violence, of course

it all starts local. its safer to talk about such things among people you know and trust.

-lotus-
i just do this...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/drom11/CachedImageServiceashx.jpg

awake
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
This idea is the silver bullet if circumstances warrant it. This is where the true power of the people remains. When your vote is made valueless by corporatism then vote with your income tax owing. You would not even break the law in the process... very peaceful means of delivering a message.

This would be in essence a reverse money bomb- press coverage of this would be huge.

Truth Warrior
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
The Fed would just write another check. ;)

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
This idea is the silver bullet if circumstances warrant it. This is where the true power of the people remains. When your vote is made valueless by corporatism then vote with your income tax owing. You would not even break the law in the process... very peaceful means of delivering a message.

This would be in essence a reverse money bomb- press coverage of this would be huge.

it only works if their is enough people doing it... at the same time.
sorta like, they can't put us all in prison. though, that is basically what they have done. put us in a prison with no walls. and detention for anyone who doesn't comply.

brandon
07-22-2008, 02:52 PM
it all starts local. its safer to talk about such things among people you know and trust.

The idea isn't to be sneaky and save some money by not paying taxes. The idea is to say "HEY EVERYBODY! I'M NOT PAYING MY TAXES ANYMORE BECAUSE IT IS THEFT!." Of course you have to be ready to goto jail.

It's a way to spread the message, and hopefully other people will join in once they hear you are doing it.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
The idea isn't to be sneaky and save some money by not paying taxes. The idea is to say "HEY EVERYBODY! I'M NOT PAYING MY TAXES ANYMORE BECAUSE IT IS THEFT!." Of course you have to be ready to goto jail.

It's a way to spread the message, and hopefully other people will join in once they hear you are doing it.

I'm saying..for this to work.. as a protest, you will need the people around you participating too. everyone, together.

RickyJ
07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
I would rather stay out of jail thank you. Yes I am a slave, but one out of jail beats one in jail right now.