PDA

View Full Version : Blogging Lesson - Using the news to make your point HUGE

ronpaulblogsdotcom
07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
If I may be so bold, let me give a lesson in one of the ways I try to help the liberty movement.

The election is in high gear. Planes are being reserved, people are being interviewed for VP spots. There are tons of interest and news about this process.

90% of it is BS but nothing we can do about that, or is there? People are interested. use their interest and change it for what you want to put forward.

If you read news and forums like this one you will see stories that interest you. If it interests you other are probably interested. Today we had a post about Obama's plane.

I thought it was intersting so I went to Google and did this search: http://www.google.com/trends?q=obama+airplane%2Cobama+plane%2Cbarack+oba ma+plane&ctab=0&hl=en&geo=all&date=all&sort=1

This tool will show you the trend of a keyword. This one just takes off from nothing to vertical overnight. The highest one is the one with the phrase "Obama plane"

There was some good photographs and articles but they were not all in one place. And none of them mentioned "Ron Paul". How could they be so shortsighted?

So I gathered some pics, fired up Word and made some comments. Then I entered it into my Wordpress blog. The result is here:

Obama Plane Pics (http://ronpaulblogs.com/barack-obama/obama-plane-sports-logo-and-motto-4-pics/)

I have the pics, the words I wrote and links off to the sources. All good journalism I hope, well at least fair for a blog. Then I have some Ron Paul info at the end. Hopefully some humor. And some things to think about for the Obama Nation.

If this gets the amount of trafffic I think it will I bet several thousand Obama fans see it in the next few days.

You can do this with your ideas and with your viewpoint. Blogging is free or cheap. Domains are cheap. Or you can blog on a subdomain of someone else.

PS If you have any questions please ask me. Otherwise please go to the above page and hopefully d1gg, stimble, or whatever you can do. If lots of people d1gg that i will keep you updated on what kind of traffic that gets.

Bump this if you find it useful.

mport1
07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Good advice.

Primbs
07-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Very cool. Way to go.