PDA

View Full Version : 30 West Virginians needed for Ballot Access by Friday!

Knightskye
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Dear friend,

Please excuse the rushed tone of this message but the situation is heating up in West Virginia.

When I wrote to you on Friday, I had until the close of business on Monday to raise $43,000.

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that we fell about $3,000 short of our goal.

The good news is that over 662 supporters donated to our effort and we were able to raise $40,030! Thank you!

Our campaign manager, Russ Verney, is a hard-nosed guy but he recognizes that the support is there and, while it's a long shot, we still have a chance to make it on the ballot in West Virginia.

Russ has given me the green light to continue the drive. We're going to go for it and I'll need your help more than ever.

I've been on the ground in WV for less than a week and have been able to get 18 petitioners hired, trained and working.

That's not enough, I need 30 more people by the end of the week.

I had been assured by the state employment agency that they would help hire local petitioners to fill the gap. That fell apart yesterday when they informed me that there was not much that they could do because of internal policies.

You've gotta love bureaucracy . . .

In order to make up the shortfall in manpower, I'm going to need to fly in more people immediately.

I'm going to make a big request that I need you to seriously consider. This is an "either/or" so please read and consider both options:

EITHER . . .

Visit the "Wild and Wonderful" state of West Virginia!
If you're willing to petition in West Virginia and can take time out of our schedule until August 1st. I need you here by Friday.

It's beautiful country, with nice people, and you'll be supporting a great cause.

If you can take the time to come to West Virginia for the duration (August 1) and are comfortable asking strangers to sign a piece of paper, please contact me immediately by calling 877-465-6080.

OR YOU CAN . . .

Sponsor a petitioner to travel to West Virginia!
If you cannot take the time out yourself, I completely understand, but you can still help in a very big way by sponsoring someone who can make this short-notice trip.

Each supporter that can petition for Barr/Root is going to cost at least $250 to travel plus about $50 a night at a not-so-luxurious hotel. Please make a donation and cover what you can.

A $50, $250 or even a contribution of $25 will help us cover these added expenses. Click here to donate.

Please give us a hand with this effort as there are only nine days left to get the job done.

THANK YOU for your continued support. We could not do this without you.

Very Respectfully,

Shane Cory
Deputy Campaign Manager
Bob Barr 2008

If you live in West Virginia and would like to be part of getting a Libertarian candidate on the ballot in all 50 states, please contact the Barr Campaign. If you can't gather signatures, please make a donation to help out with the costs.

Thanks. :D

ItsTime
07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
just 30?? GO GO GO!

Knightskye
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
just 30?? GO GO GO!

There's probably a Meetup larger than that.

Can anyone contact one and get them moving?

Knightskye
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Bump. This is important, guys.

ItsTime
07-22-2008, 08:00 PM
my grandmother lived in WV. To bad shes dead now, I could get 30 in a second. I hope people are working on this!

AJ Antimony
07-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Bump, whether liked or not, this guy has to be on the ballot in all 50 states.

Jeremy
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
This is like one family =O

Knightskye
07-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Bump, whether liked or not, this guy has to be on the ballot in all 50 states.

They might not like his policies, but a third party (especially one that's only been around for 36 years) getting on the ballot in all 50 states is humongous.

EDIT: I sent a message to the heads of a couple Meetups in West Virginia asking them to help. I hope some of them respond back (positively, anyway :)).

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm just one state away...good luck, neighbors!

Knightskye
07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Blimp.

slacker921
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Getting the Libertarian party on the ballot in all 50 states would get the attention of the media and the GOP.. Whether you agree with Barr or not the Libertarian party needs to be on the ballot in WV. .. and that's going to take either volunteers or money.

Knightskye
07-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Getting the Libertarian party on the ballot in all 50 states would get the attention of the media and the GOP.. Whether you agree with Barr or not the Libertarian party needs to be on the ballot in WV. .. and that's going to take either volunteers or money.

Yeah! :D