PDA

View Full Version : ACTION NOW: Urgent and Undercover bill up for Senate vote.

Female for Freedom Eagle1
07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS TO YOUR MEETUPS.
Will someone also post this on DailyPaul? I am not registered.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-800

The 'Employee Free Choice Act' is making workplaces an absolute democracy towards voting for Labor Unions, and making the votes PUBLIC, rather than how they have always been private.

Not only will this completely KILL any capitalism that we have left, but it will force manufacturing businesses (that are still operating) to close from union pressure, and it will cause employees that vote 'NO LABOR UNION' to be harrassed by Union Representatives who now will be able to see exactly who voted no.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???? The link above is the Congressional site that lets you know all about the bill. If you see down near the bottom, there is already another one written in case this one goes down.

WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION BY PHONE AND LETTER ON THIS ONE. I APPRECIATE EVERYONE PITCHING IN, AND ALERTING THEIR MEETUPS TO CALL AND WRITE LETTERS TO THE CONGRESSPEOPLE TO VOTE A BIG 'NO!' ON THIS BILL.

berrybunches
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS TO YOUR MEETUPS.
Will someone also post this on DailyPaul? I am not registered.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-800

The 'Employee Free Choice Act' is making workplaces an absolute democracy towards voting for Labor Unions, and making the votes PUBLIC, rather than how they have always been private.

Not only will this completely KILL any capitalism that we have left, but it will force manufacturing businesses (that are still operating) to close from union pressure, and it will cause employees that vote 'NO LABOR UNION' to be harrassed by Union Representatives who now will be able to see exactly who voted no.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???? The link above is the Congressional site that lets you know all about the bill. If you see down near the bottom, there is already another one written in case this one goes down.

WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION BY PHONE AND LETTER ON THIS ONE. I APPRECIATE EVERYONE PITCHING IN, AND ALERTING THEIR MEETUPS TO CALL AND WRITE LETTERS TO THE CONGRESSPEOPLE TO VOTE A BIG 'NO!' ON THIS BILL.

These practices have been going on for awhile. I remember seeing a couple years back a short program on TV about how union workers were having to publicly vote WHILE being spoken to by union organizers and having other organizers look over their shoulder. Its terrible. I am all for people having the free choice to organize and picket their employers but I don't think the government should be getting involved or even recognize them.

I see this already passed the house, I just wrote my Senators. Thanks for the heads up.

Knightskye
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Dude, is there a new bill? Cause I checked that link, and that says the last action was June, 2007... :rolleyes:

And the past four times the thing was introduced, it failed.

Female for Freedom Eagle1
07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Dude, is there a new bill? Cause I checked that link, and that says the last action was June, 2007... :rolleyes:

And the past four times the thing was introduced, it failed.

Well, it's back: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7DMUS&um=1&tab=wn&q=employee+free+choice+act&btnG=Search+News

Anyways, nothing bad usually passed on the first few tries. Isn't that why we're here? To act on things like this? Just checking.