PDA

View Full Version : CFL Events Coordinator Answers Your NEW Questions about the Rally for the Republic

Pages : [1] 2

Don
07-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey Everybody! As I am sure you know by now, rallyfortherepublic.com is live and open for business, Dr. Paul has sent out a very inspiring e-mail, and the ink is drying on the contracts for the artists and venues for August 31st to September 2nd.

I figured you all might have some questions. Your input is so valuable. It helps us focus on areas that we need to improve and issues that we need to resolve or communicate more effectively on, so fire away!

constituent
07-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I figured you all might have some questions. Your input is so valuable. It helps us focus on areas that we need to improve and issues that we need to resolve or communicate more effectively on, so fire away!

Much better approach. Keep plugging away Don, the event is shaping up nicely (glad to hear about the move to the target center).

My only real question would be this, will there be any sort of educational programs that visitors can attend? Educational materials that folks can bring back home with them to help spread the word?

MRoCkEd
07-22-2008, 08:01 AM
can you explain what the leadership summit is?

Don
07-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Much better approach. Keep plugging away Don, the event is shaping up nicely (glad to hear about the move to the target center).

My only real question would be this, will there be any sort of educational programs that visitors can attend? Educational materials that folks can bring back home with them to help spread the word?

Yes! The Sunday event is a full day of grassroots training with some of the best political technicians in the business. It will include training materials and, I believe, punch and pie. But don't quote me on that.

For more details, check out http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10000&title=Real%20Politics%20Training%20School

ronpaulblogsdotcom
07-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Welcome Don.

I have not checked the website but what is the approximate schedule of the event? It sounds like it might be an all day thing.

Just a few hints on musical guests... Genre?

constituent
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes! The Sunday event is a full day of grassroots training with some of the best political technicians in the business. It will include training materials and, I believe, punch and pie. But don't quote me on that.

For more details, check out http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10000&title=Real%20Politics%20Training%20School

ewwww goodie, punch and pie!!!!

alright, another question... are rumors that there will be an attempt to organize local leaders by state/district/precinct true? i think sadly too much focus up to this point has been spent on making waves nationally while avoiding a coup on the real centers of power.

if the rumors are true this would be very exciting news indeed!

ItsTime
07-22-2008, 08:11 AM
please put a limit on the number of tickets people can buy. Or you will have people selling them on ebay for a grand a pop. or have people buying them so you have an empty building.

MRoCkEd
07-22-2008, 08:17 AM
please put a limit on the number of tickets people can buy. Or you will have people selling them on ebay for a grand a pop. or have people buying them so you have an empty building.
goooooooooooooood point

Don
07-22-2008, 08:20 AM
can you explain what the leadership summit is?

This will be a leadership training and message focus seminar designed to lay down the groundwork for the future of the CfL as a political force. Working with identified leaders, Meet-up's and former state staff, CfL Grassroots Coordinator Debbie Hopper and her team are inviting one uber-activist who has shown leadership, judgment and commitment from each congressional district in the country plus 2 state at-large representatives for each state. More details will be available shortly at rallyfortherepublic.com

constituent
07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
This will be a leadership training and message focus seminar designed to lay down the groundwork for the future of the CfL as a political force. Working with identified leaders, Meet-up's and former state staff, CfL Grassroots Coordinator Debbie Hopper and her team are inviting one uber-activist who has shown leadership, judgment and commitment from each congressional district in the country plus 2 state at-large representatives for each state. More details will be available shortly at rallyfortherepublic.com

http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

Don
07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Welcome Don.

I have not checked the website but what is the approximate schedule of the event? It sounds like it might be an all day thing.

Just a few hints on musical guests... Genre?

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/

So far...Rock, Country, Christian Contemporary, and Jazz/Standards. We are a diverse group.

Don
07-22-2008, 08:25 AM
ewwww goodie, punch and pie!!!!

alright, another question... are rumors that there will be an attempt to organize local leaders by state/district/precinct true? i think sadly too much focus up to this point has been spent on making waves nationally while avoiding a coup on the real centers of power.

if the rumors are true this would be very exciting news indeed!

The leadership Summit is all about this.

For more info: http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10001&title=Campaign%20for%20Liberty%20Leadership%20Summ it

Don
07-22-2008, 08:28 AM

Yes, we considered this and have limited ticket sales per transaction. Can't have the RNC buying all the tickets and having a bonfire.:D

ItsTime
07-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes, we considered this and have limited ticket sales per transaction. Can't have the RNC buying all the tickets and having a bonfire.:D

thank you! what are the limits?

SnappleLlama
07-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that when I access the rally website, part of the left-hand fram seems to be cut off (ex: top of the "ticket" image, the top half of the "Resources" heading, the top of the "Sunday, August 31, 2008 heading, etc...). I'm using IE 6.0 bec. I'm at work...

Don
07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
thank you! what are the limits?

8, and we have contingencies in place to deal with any nefariousness.

Don
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that when I access the rally website, part of the left-hand fram seems to be cut off (ex: top of the "ticket" image, the top half of the "Resources" heading, the top of the "Sunday, August 31, 2008 heading, etc...). I'm using IE 6.0 bec. I'm at work...

I'm sending this on to the tech team. I'll let you know when I know something about this. May just be your browser settings.

SnappleLlama
07-22-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm sending this on to the tech team. I'll let you know when I know something about this. May just be your browser settings.

I hope so...thanks!!

Ninja Homer
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Don, first I want to thank you for coming here and answering questions. A lot of us have been waiting for that to happen for over a year (edit: not waiting for you in particular, just waiting for some type of communication from the campaign :) ). I know there were some crappy campaign laws that didn't allow that before, but now that's out of the way, and it would be nice to see even more communication between grassroots and CFL.

1. I know you probably can't answer this yet, but who are the 2 music headliners for the Rally for the Republic? If that can't be answered at this time, will this info be released before the tickets go on sale on Friday?

2. In the old thread, there was talk of the possibility of Ron Paul making an appearance at the MN State Fair. Any news on that yet? IMHO, that would be an awesome move, and a good way to start the Rally, with ~200,000 people in attendance a day, all the local media having booths there, and live TV and radio interviews could be set up.

3. If we get more people attending than the Target Center can handle, is the Metrodome available? :D Obama almost filled the Target Center when he gave a speech there a while back... surely we can top that!

4. On the Lodging page (http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/lodging/?type=rv) there's only 1 camping site listed, but a bunch of RV sites are listed. I'm pretty sure most of those RV sites offer camping as well, so they should maybe be listed in the camping section as well.

5. At least 1 camping "event" is being planned. See http://ronstock08.com or http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147429 for info. It may help to have some cooperation between grassroots and CFL for things like this and "Ronvoy" efforts to get people there from around the country, even if it's as little as adding a link to the Rally for the Republic site or a blog entry at CFL.

Dave
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Hello, Don. Will there be a way for participants to find other people from their state? It would make sense for us to start (continue, really) networking together by state. We will need to be able to find each other.

Will seating be done by state, like a party convention? Or do you have other ideas how we can find each other?

votefreedomfirst
07-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I noticed the rallyfortherepublic site had a "lodging" section, but nothing for transportation to Minneapolis. For me at least (coming from CT), the rising energy costs have made traditional options (airlines/greyhound/amtrak) prohibitively expensive. Will the CfL be involved at all in organizing or assisting with alternative transportation options, or will that be left up to the grassroots?

Don
07-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Don, first I want to thank you for coming here and answering questions. A lot of us have been waiting for that to happen for over a year (edit: not waiting for you in particular, just waiting for some type of communication from the campaign :) ). I know there were some crappy campaign laws that didn't allow that before, but now that's out of the way, and it would be nice to see even more communication between grassroots and CFL.

1. I know you probably can't answer this yet, but who are the 2 music headliners for the Rally for the Republic? If that can't be answered at this time, will this info be released before the tickets go on sale on Friday?

2. In the old thread, there was talk of the possibility of Ron Paul making an appearance at the MN State Fair. Any news on that yet? IMHO, that would be an awesome move, and a good way to start the Rally, with ~200,000 people in attendance a day, all the local media having booths there, and live TV and radio interviews could be set up.

3. If we get more people attending than the Target Center can handle, is the Metrodome available? :D Obama almost filled the Target Center when he gave a speech there a while back... surely we can top that!

4. On the Lodging page (http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/lodging/?type=rv) there's only 1 camping site listed, but a bunch of RV sites are listed. I'm pretty sure most of those RV sites offer camping as well, so they should maybe be listed in the camping section as well.

5. At least 1 camping "event" is being planned. See http://ronstock08.com or http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147429 for info. It may help to have some cooperation between grassroots and CFL for things like this and "Ronvoy" efforts to get people there from around the country, even if it's as little as adding a link to the Rally for the Republic site or a blog entry at CFL.

1. Can't release until the contracts are signed and I am still working on a 3rd major star to headline Ron Paul Nation Celebration. A million thanks to Adam Curry from MTV for making his rolo-dex available!

2. Still working on details. More coming.

3. I don't know if you have ever been in the Metrodome...yikes! Terrible acoustics, uncomfortabe, and completely personality free. Sorry Minnesota...Go Twins!

4. I will forward this to the proper coordinator. Point well made!

5. Yes, we are working with several grassroots organizations to coordinate and get info to you guys.

Don
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Hello, Don. Will there be a way for participants to find other people from their state? It would make sense for us to start (continue, really) networking together by state. We will need to be able to find each other.

Will seating be done by state, like a part convention? Or do you have other ideas how we can find each other?

Seating will be open, I will talk to the grassroots coordinator about planned mechanism for organizing and finding people. I imagine Meet-ups are a good start.

Don
07-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I noticed the rallyfortherepublic site had a "lodging" section, but nothing for transportation to Minneapolis. For me at least (coming from CT), the rising energy costs have made traditional options (airlines/greyhound/amtrak) prohibitively expensive. Will the CfL be involved at all in organizing or assisting with alternative transportation options, or will that be left up to the grassroots?

Left up to the grassroots, but we are helping to coordinate them. Ronvoy anyone?

I know how expensive travel is, buy your plane tickets early. I have to fly out this week and the ticket was 4x the cost of going on August 31st!

Don
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM

From Marianne, CfL Site Logistics Coordinator:

"Yup. I just need to run through each and ferret that out, along with
some other helpful details. Should be able to this afternoon.

I'm super-anxious to get the spare bedroom (Home stay tool) entry form up, most of all."

Ninja Homer
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
1. Can't release until the contracts are signed and I am still working on a 3rd major star to headline Ron Paul Nation Celebration. A million thanks to Adam Curry from MTV for making his rolo-dex available!

2. Still working on details. More coming.

3. I don't know if you have ever been in the Metrodome...yikes! Terrible acoustics, uncomfortabe, and completely personality free. Sorry Minnesota...Go Twins!

4. I will forward this to the proper coordinator. Point well made!

5. Yes, we are working with several grassroots organizations to coordinate and get info to you guys.

Thanks for the answers.

Yeah, I've been to the Metrodome... I was half joking with that question. You failed to mention the worst part, which is the restrooms, but I'll spare everybody the details on how bad they are.

I guess a better question would be, what happens if this turns out to be way bigger than the Target Center can handle?

I think there's a great possibility that it will sell out. Ron Paul had over 4000 people in attendance for a speech in MN and if I remember right, there was only a few days notice, it was on a weekday, and there was a snow storm that night. The Metrodome sucks, but I don't think there are any other venues bigger than the Target Center.

Don
07-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the answers.

Yeah, I've been to the Metrodome... I was half joking with that question. You failed to mention the worst part, which is the restrooms, but I'll spare everybody the details on how bad they are.

I guess a better question would be, what happens if this turns out to be way bigger than the Target Center can handle?

I think there's a great possibility that it will sell out. Ron Paul had over 4000 people in attendance for a speech in MN and if I remember right, there was only a few days notice, it was on a weekday, and there was a snow storm that night. The Metrodome sucks, but I don't think there are any other venues bigger than the Target Center.

We are planning for overflow viewing, more to come on this soon...

Ninja Homer
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
From Marianne, CfL Site Logistics Coordinator:

"Yup. I just need to run through each and ferret that out, along with
some other helpful details. Should be able to this afternoon.

I'm super-anxious to get the spare bedroom (Home stay tool) entry form up, most of all."

We are planning for overflow viewing, more to come on this soon...

Awesome, thanks! I'm glad to see there's going to be a home stay tool as well.

bucfish
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
What about the Delegates from the GOP are they gonna be invited? I think they should even if they do not show we could have contigency tickets. I think anyone in the movement should be willing to give up one of their seats to one of the 4600 delegates should they decide to come.

acptulsa
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
There are people on the forum here who have secured a field and will be setting it up for camping. This seems to be a labor of love and they seem to have no desire to make it big enough for more than forum people--private party time. Yet I know there are people in my meetup who are wondering if they can come because they know they'll have to sleep somewhere sometime. Can anyone else there or in Minneapolis consider doing another campground for them?

Do you have any plans for allowing meetup members to have first crack at tickets to prevent the Nixonesque ratfu**ing mentioned earlier?

Arlo Guthrie basically endorsed Dr. Paul during the primary season, and I for one would be psyched to hear him again. Anyone send him a baited hook?

No other random thoughts yet... Thanks for all you're doing!

Don
07-22-2008, 11:35 AM
What about the Delegates from the GOP are they gonna be invited? I think they should even if they do not show we could have contigency tickets. I think anyone in the movement should be willing to give up one of their seats to one of the 4600 delegates should they decide to come.

Yes. Complimentary tickets will be offered to RNC delegates and Alternates. We are working out the details, but if you are a delegate and can provide proof of that fact, then write to contact@campaignforliberty.com and attach your credentials. We'll be in touch.

Don
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
There are people on the forum here who have secured a field and will be setting it up for camping. This seems to be a labor of love and they seem to have no desire to make it big enough for more than forum people--private party time. Yet I know there are people in my meetup who are wondering if they can come because they know they'll have to sleep somewhere sometime. Can anyone else there or in Minneapolis consider doing another campground for them?

Do you have any plans for allowing meetup members to have first crack at tickets to prevent the Nixonesque ratfu**ing mentioned earlier?

Arlo Guthrie basically endorsed Dr. Paul during the primary season, and I for one would be psyched to hear him again. Anyone send him a baited hook?

We are adding additional campgrounds to the website today. But let me know where you guys are camping, I promised to come by for a beer...might even bring a special friend.

No special accommodations for Meet-ups per se, but anyone that can't get into the arena will have access to over-flow viewing. Yes, there are plans to prevent any misguided free agents within the Party from causing trouble with the tickets, but it would be dumb to show our hand.

Arlo Guthrie was invited, but will not be participating. I don't know why. I guess his booking agent would.

acptulsa
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I promised to come by for a beer....

Well, except for Mr. Guthrie the news just gets better and better! Thanks!

Don
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
For what it's worth, we just talked to Dr. Paul and he's fine. He said the media reports are silly and blowing it out of proportion. I have white knuckled my way through a few flights in the last year and Dr. Paul has had this happen a few times over the years.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
ayo what can we do to help?

Mahkato
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I suggest that the lodging pages list the distance (and perhaps the approximate driving time) from each location to the Target Center and any other event locations.

Also useful would be for someone to put together a Google map with each lodging and event location marked, and that could be added to the site. It would help people see visually which locations were most desirable for their plans.

Mahkato
07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
The Flash banner on the CfL site promoting the rally still links to rally.campaignforliberty.com. It's bad practice to have two URLs showing the same content, because some people will link to one URL, and some will link to the other, which means that your overall pagerank will not be as high as it should be. Your web team needs to redirect rally.campaignforliberty.com to rallyfortherepublic.com ASAP.

Also, I just registered rallyfortherepublic.org for you, since your web team apparently forgot to. Once the registration is complete, I'll redirect it to the .com URL.

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Don,i sent you a private message,but if you like . I will volunteer my dj services( www.coloradosbestdjs.com ) for any rally events,if you like, i can fill in the band breaks and anytime when there are no speakers and background music! I plan on going to minnesota and camping at the dairy farm aka www.ronstock08.com ,plus when we launch the site we are gonna link all your travel links and camping links as well. hopefully your interested. I would be honored to dj for the CFL. Marc Scibilia will give you a good reference if needed or carl bruning or bonnie solan in colorado as well:) thanks kenny

libertarian4321
07-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Don,i sent you a private message,but if you like . I will volunteer my dj services for any rally events,if you like, i can fill in the band breaks and anytime when there are no speakers and background music! I plan on going to minnesota and camping at the dairy farm aka www.ronstock08.com ,plus when we launch the site we are gonna link all your travel links and camping links as well. hopefully your interested. I would be honored to dj for the CFL. Marc Scibilia will give you a good reference if needed or carl bruning or bonnie solan in colorado as well:) thanks kenny

I thought you had said you weren't going to be able to make it. I'm glad to see you are coming now!

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
We are adding additional campgrounds to the website today. But let me know where you guys are camping, I promised to come by for a beer...might even bring a special friend.

No special accommodations for Meet-ups per se, but anyone that can't get into the arena will have access to over-flow viewing. Yes, there are plans to prevent any misguided free agents within the Party from causing trouble with the tickets, but it would be dumb to show our hand.

Arlo Guthrie was invited, but will not be participating. I don't know why. I guess his booking agent would.

special friend could that be?????? speciallyblend hehe hmmmmm, anyway

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
I thought you had said you weren't going to be able to make it. I'm glad to see you are coming now!

I'm gonna lose some money,but YES i will be able to make it if i have to quit my jobs;) my boss is gonna work with me but im still gonna lose some hours of work.

I FEEL I MUST GO:) plus i have a friend that is gonna help me with gas money if i drive ,so we are coming ,plus there are charter buses coming from colorado as well, so i cannot wait to meet all the liberty minded people. I hope Don and the CFL take me up on my offer. I will not let them down:)

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM

well its not like we do not want it to be bigger,but we have to respect the land owners wishes but i think we will still make it fun,if i had 20,000 dollars i would secure something bigger, but this is what was offered to us,so we have to make it work;) we are not getting the farm land for a private party ,just good times:) people will be welcome to come and go,just have to set a limit for camping there ,since its someones private land,so we have to set limits, though there will be some wiggle room;)

hypnagogue
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/

So far...Rock, Country, Christian Contemporary, and Jazz/Standards. We are a diverse group. lacks metal...

METAAALLLLLL!!!!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/2468008301_df66e04d69.jpg?v=0

*giggle*

Don
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
special friend could that be?????? speciallyblend hehe hmmmmm, anyway

Well, I was going to have Tucker tag along, but after reading some of the comments today, I'm afraid he might get stoned...to death. Lol.

For what it's worth, he's a great guy in a tough position. He's a journalist, his job isn't to carry Ron Paul's water. Some folks get so pissed at the MSM for shilling for Obama or McCain and then get pissed again when the one friendly media guy doesn't shill for us.

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, I was going to have Tucker tag along, but after reading some of the comments today, I'm afraid he might get stoned...to death. Lol.

For what it's worth, he's a great guy in a tough position. He's a journalist, his job isn't to carry Ron Paul's water. Some folks get so pissed at the MSM for shilling for Obama or McCain and then get pissed again when the one friendly media guy doesn't shill for us.

well i was a big tucker fan ,so i will remain civil;) I will try to forgive. If he is truly on our side now,then i can forgive;) I hear you, its frustrating to many when we put our lives on the line etc for the message then watch tucker ,so i understand the frustration ,i was one of them,but no worries i will not throw stones;) I would like ot meet tucker. I always watched his show and was a fan. So is he with us or against us? hehe

me3
07-22-2008, 05:29 PM
For what it's worth, he's a great guy in a tough position. He's a journalist, his job isn't to carry Ron Paul's water.
He should find a new job. One where he can do the right thing and not suffer consequences for it.

Don
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
lacks metal...

METAAALLLLLL!!!!

http://images.thegauntlet.com/pics/merrimack-band.jpg

*giggle*

Yea, I tried to get Slayer (my best friend is friends with Kerry King's wife), but that got shot down. I'm really trying to hook something up. I'm a metal guy too. Up the Irons!

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Yea, I tried to get Slayer (my best friend is friends with Kerry King's wife), but that got shot down. I'm really trying to hook something up. I'm a metal guy too. Up the Irons!

so do not hold my dj club mix against me ok:) I'm a big Iron maiden fan from way back ,not to big into their new stuff,but i have been to 6 ozzfests;)

cien750hp
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
is peter schiff or jim rogers or any one like that going to speak?
country artist, eh? *crosses fingers for the legend, garth brooks*

MRoCkEd
07-22-2008, 05:36 PM
any chance of a live online feed

Don
07-22-2008, 05:41 PM
is peter schiff or jim rogers or any one like that going to speak?
country artist, eh? *crosses fingers for the legend, garth brooks*

This is one of those "Gotta keep my powder dry" questions. More speakers will be rolled out over the next few weeks.

Yes, our country artist is a legend...and a national treasure!

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:41 PM

id love to see him there. He is a true fighter, many would like his music,even though its country;)

Don
07-22-2008, 05:42 PM

The problem is getting the musicians on board. Copyrights, royalties, etc. We are working on it and I will know more after I meet with the experts later in the week.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
*crosses fingers for something that will scare mccain*

fast hard loud...metal, hip hop, w/e

Oyate
07-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Your input is so valuable.

I don't know how reliable the source is but I've heard this event will be heavily infiltrated by Ron Paul supporters. Those people are crazy.

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
The problem is getting the musicians on board. Copyrights, royalties, etc. We are working on it and I will know more after I meet with the experts later in the week.

don't you hate agents. I will never be a band promoter hehehe. I'm going to get the marc scibilia band booked in colorado this winter,so they can snowboard and ski,but overall bands can be a major pain in the ass sometimes. Thats why i stick to djing and not promoting bands;)

i saw your email,missed it on the right corner there for awhile in rpf

MRoCkEd
07-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't know how reliable the source is but I've heard this event will be heavily infiltrated by Ron Paul supporters. Those people are crazy.
Those dozen spammers?

Don
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
*crosses fingers for something that will scare mccain*

If you were real quiet today, you could actually hear McCain advisors' heads exploding all over DC. As of 2 pm est we already had over 400 media hits!

Jeremy
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
What is your plan to promote the event to the RP supporters? I'm sure thousands of supporters don't use the internet for RP info and have no idea about the rally.

StudentForPaul08
07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
What is your plan to promote the event to the RP supporters. I'm sure thousands of supporters don't use the internet for RP info and have no idea about the rally.

maybe not even about CFL itself?

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Don did you get to see the marching orders thread for the lettertogop.com???

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM

(dude- wrong forum. shhh!)

Don
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
maybe not even about CFL itself?

Points well made. We're working on a quarter million jumbo slick invitation cards to go out to id'ed supporters. Should launch next week if things stay on schedule. I hope I'm not breaking news with this...sorry Jesse, Jeff.

constituent
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM

He should find a new job. One where he can do the right thing and not suffer consequences for it.

Personal responsibility?? C'mon now.

It really isn't his place to carry RPs water though. I just want to know if the strippers were his idea.

Don, were the strippers Tucker's idea (if so, he'll probably be safe)?

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Points well made. We're working on a quarter million jumbo slick invitation cards to go out to id'ed supporters. Should launch next week if things stay on schedule. I hope I'm not breaking news with this...sorry Jesse, Jeff.

top secret , shhhhh;)

constituent
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM

It's Willie.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
It's Willie.

The contents of his bus will be the start of great party. :)
Willie doesn't come to Louisiana anymore :(

Gin
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi All, I know that we are all getting excited and maybe a bit anxious. The travel and lodging committe is working hard to find camping for us all as well as working on logistics for the ronvoys.... with gas prices as they are, ronvoys seem to be a great way to go...as well as a great time spent with other revolutioners... please stop by and sign up at our meetup and get all the details as we get them worked out... as far as the first RPF campground... this is by no means meant to be a private party, but until we know what kind of interest there is, we can't really secure other areas. This is being worked on...so please stay tuned and sign up with our meetup... http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/members/5611356/

Susan is great at sending out updates and is working overtime getting all the details together.... Kuddos to Susan....

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi All, I know that we are all getting excited and maybe a bit anxious. The travel and lodging committe is working hard to find camping for us all as well as working on logistics for the ronvoys.... with gas prices as they are, ronvoys seem to be a great way to go...as well as a great time spent with other revolutioners... please stop by and sign up at our meetup and get all the details as we get them worked out... as far as the first RPF campground... this is by no means meant to be a private party, but until we know what kind of interest there is, we can't really secure other areas. This is being worked on...so please stay tuned and sign up with our meetup... http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/members/5611356/

Susan is great at sending out updates and is working overtime getting all the details together.... Kuddos to Susan....

Thanks, I signed up, what do i need to do next?

constituent
07-22-2008, 06:43 PM
The contents of his bus will be the start of great party. :)
Willie doesn't come to Louisiana anymore :(

can't blame him. in texas < 2 oz. gets ya a ticket.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Ok, how about Steppenwolf, I hear they are still playing shows. :) I know we can't have a woodstock, but who knows... when artist become involved, media tends to follow.

smileylovesfreedom
07-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Should we bring our signs and banners to the main rally at the Target Center? Will there be any restrictions on what is allowed? A co-worker who went to a rally for Obama (Boo!) at the Target Center said that he couldn't bring his sign to that event.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2008, 07:06 PM
obama rally, eh?

Don
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM

It really isn't his place to carry RPs water though. I just want to know if the strippers were his idea.

Don, were the strippers Tucker's idea (if so, he'll probably be safe)?

Lol. Yea, he won't cop to it, but I think they were. I actually loved that moment. The Atlantic article was great. It was a piece of gonzo journalism befitting Hunter Thompson or P.J. O'Rourke (before he became a statist shill). The brilliance of it was, by bringing hookers, he ask us to reconcile our abstract beliefs with their implications. I know a lot of folks were really mad at him for it, I thought it was one of the best journalistic moments of the whole campaign.

Don
07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Should we bring our signs and banners to the main rally at the Target Center? Will there be any restrictions on what is allowed? A co-worker who went to a rally for Obama (Boo!) at the Target Center said that he couldn't bring his sign to that event.

Yea, they are uber-strict. No outside signs, no hand billing. We're going to provide rally signs for supporters, but we even have to vet those through their office.

bucfish
07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
We will be there and we will be strong. FYI RP Supporters are not looking for handouts nor an easy way.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Lol. Yea, he won't cop to it, but I think they were. I actually loved that moment. The Atlantic article was great. It was a piece of gonzo journalism befitting Hunter Thompson or P.J. O'Rourke (before he became a statist shill). The brilliance of it was, by bringing hookers, he ask us to reconcile our abstract beliefs with their implications. I know a lot of folks were really mad at him for it, I thought it was one of the best journalistic moments of the whole campaign.

Wow- that is definitely a different perspective on it. Never thought about it like that.
And from that perspective, it could almost be seen as flattery. weird.

mrchubbs
07-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Are there any plans to have any of the third party/independent Presidential candidates speak at the rally???

Baldwin and/or Barr?

I'm assuming Nader and McKinney aren't "liberty" enough.

Don
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Are there any plans to have any of the third party/independent Presidential candidates speak at the rally???

Baldwin and/or Barr?

I'm assuming Nader and McKinney aren't "liberty" enough.

Simply put, no. As stated in the mission statement, this event is about calling the Republican Party back to its roots. The Tuesday event is all about beginning the process of building a new governing coalition within the RP. Even though I know and like Bob and Chuck a great deal, as does Ron, having them on stage would really step on our messaging and throw the Party hacks a lot of ammo to discredit us with.

They already use the "not real Republicans" line when they want to hit us, no reason to prove them right. I'm a life-long Republican and dammit, I want my party back!

That said, I hope every conservative, Republican, libertarian, paleo, anarchist and constitutionalist votes for one of those guys because it strengthens our case on November 6th and further discredits the Neo-Con establishment.

This notion of writing-in Ron, while good intentioned, just means a bunch of spoiled ballots that do nothing to undermine the scary idiots running the GOP. They won't even get counted most places. I would vote for Allan Keyes before I would do that. I hope everyone thinks long and hard before making that decision.

smileylovesfreedom
07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Yea, they are uber-strict. No outside signs, no hand billing. We're going to provide rally signs for supporters, but we even have to vet those through their office.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Simply put, no. As stated in the mission statement, this event is about calling the Republican Party back to its roots. The Tuesday event is all about beginning the process of building a new governing coalition within the RP. Even though I know and like Bob and Chuck a great deal, as does Ron, having them on stage would really step on our messaging and throw the Party hacks a lot of ammo to discredit us with.

They already use the "not real Republicans" line when they want to hit us, no reason to prove them right. I'm a life-long Republican and dammit, I want my party back!

That said, I hope every conservative, Republican, libertarian, paleo, anarchist and constitutionalist votes for one of those guys because it strengthens our case on November 6th and further discredits the Neo-Con establishment.

This notion of writing-in Ron, while good intentioned, just means a bunch of spoiled ballots that do nothing to undermine the scary idiots running the GOP. They won't even get counted most places. I would vote for Allan Keyes before I would do that. I hope everyone thinks long and hard before making that decision.

+1

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM

well i wrote write in for the lettertogop in hopes he can win the nomination,but ill be voting barr in the general. I assure you a majority on our letter will vote for barr and baldwin or even you know who,but one thing they have all in common ,they will not be voting for mccain:)

mrchubbs
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM

Thanks... that is actually the answer I was hoping to hear.

(even though I'm currently supporting and voting for Barr)

Thomas_Paine
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM
I looked over the Rally website today and I was very impressed with the organization as well as most of the speakers that will address the rally. I just wish that at least one of the speakers could be a grassroots volunteer/leader like many of us, I think that would definitely be in keeping with the theme of the campaign instead of a line-up made entirely of "experts". I really enjoyed the speech given by that Iraq War veteran at the DC March, what was his name? He spoke better and had more passion (in my opinion) than any other speaker, we need someone like him to address this convention.

muzzled dogg
07-23-2008, 06:55 AM
adam kokesh

yeah, dude killed it

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Let's get some punk bands at the concert! Nothing screams anti-government (literally) like a good, old-fashioned bit of punk rock!

constituent
07-23-2008, 07:13 AM

::thumbs up::

i think people assumed higher ups at msnbc put him up to it to discredit rp, hence the anger.

tucker owes you his redemption.

acptulsa
07-23-2008, 07:22 AM
well its not like we do not want it to be bigger,but we have to respect the land owners wishes but i think we will still make it fun,if i had 20,000 dollars i would secure something bigger, but this is what was offered to us,so we have to make it work;) we are not getting the farm land for a private party ,just good times:) people will be welcome to come and go,just have to set a limit for camping there ,since its someones private land,so we have to set limits, though there will be some wiggle room;)

The more I think about it, the more wise it seems to keep it from getting too big. I just worry about the non-blogging meetup people, that's all. But I just can't wait to hear the epic threads of conversation!

[/hijack]

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 07:27 AM
I looked over the Rally website today and I was very impressed with the organization as well as most of the speakers that will address the rally. I just wish that at least one of the speakers could be a grassroots volunteer/leader like many of us, I think that would definitely be in keeping with the theme of the campaign instead of a line-up made entirely of "experts". I really enjoyed the speech given by that Iraq War veteran at the DC March, what was his name? He spoke better and had more passion (in my opinion) than any other speaker, we need someone like him to address this convention.

I have plenty to say and 95% is positive:) anyway i doubt they would let me speak,but i was told i had a very positive upbeat speech when i spoke in colorado and South Dakota!! i think it would be great to hear a passionate grassroots activist speak!!!

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 07:30 AM
The more I think about it, the more wise it seems to keep it from getting too big. I just worry about the non-blogging meetup people, that's all. But I just can't wait to hear the epic threads of conversation!

[/hijack]

we expect to have some nice links to help folks soon:) plus we should have a lil wiggle room at the dairy farm,just want to maintain order there;) thanks for your email;) this is going to be exciting meeting all you folks,since i didnt get to go to the dc march!!

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 07:30 AM
If you were real quiet today, you could actually hear McCain advisors' heads exploding all over DC. As of 2 pm est we already had over 400 media hits!

hehe. :D I love it.

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 07:33 AM

Why just 250,000? Can you use the donation list from the campaign?

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Let's get some punk bands at the concert! Nothing screams anti-government (literally) like a good, old-fashioned bit of punk rock!

i think a good range of music would be great!!! we have to see what they do, hopefully they will take my offer to spin aka dj as well, check my mix out at www.coloradosbestdjs.com (free mix on right of the page,right click and save. I have many genre's and music from 1950 and up , i would love to have the convention dancing;)

Don
07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Why just 250,000? Can you use the donation list from the campaign?

Yea, the PCC list had a lot of dupes and quite a few "email only" entries. The mailable addresses were about a quarter million.

Don
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM

Stay tuned...

raystone
07-23-2008, 07:54 AM
This is one of those "Gotta keep my powder dry" questions. More speakers will be rolled out over the next few weeks.

sounds like...could be....maybe.... Willie Nelson ?!

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Yea, the PCC list had a lot of dupes and quite a few "email only" entries. The mailable addresses were about a quarter million.

Email would work too, right? And it's cheap.

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 08:01 AM
sounds like...could be....maybe.... Willie Nelson ?!

please name another legend in country music,now i mean legend not popstar country??? i think of many country artists that are famous,but the only legend i know of that can play now is willie nelson in my eyes;)

Jeremy
07-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Ronpaul2008.com has never sent out a mass email about CFL, will this ever happen?

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 08:07 AM
please name another legend in country music,now i mean legend not popstar country??? i think of many country artists that are famous,but the only legend i know of that can play now is willie nelson in my eyes;)

Yes, Willie. Garth Brooks however, would be a major coup. :) I can dream, can't I?

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes, Willie. Garth Brooks however, would be a major coup. :) I can dream, can't I?

i like garth for sure but he isn't a legend yet, maybe a few more years, either would be great:) but i kinda thing willie fits in more since willie nelson really is a great activist..... but you can dream,dreams become reality ,if we make it happen.

Don
07-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Email would work too, right? And it's cheap.

There are actually some really important differences.

1. Not everybody uses computers, everybody gets mail.

2. A good open rate on an email blast is still <50% and that's after you spend a bunch of time and money resending to the those that don't open the first one which usually has an open rate of about 10-20%. Despite popular understanding sending out mass email is not cheap, and it certainly isn't free.

3. A jumbo card is bigger than the average piece of mail, it sticks out.

4. It is much more personal. Studies indicate that people feel they have been engaged and singled out to a greater degree with direct mail.

5. Everyone that gets it will see at least some of the information on it. I delete most of my email without opening it. Even if a mail piece goes into the trash, I have at least turned it over in my hand first.

6. It signals to people that we are a serious organization, builds name recognition, and increases the effectiveness of follow-up email and fund-raising efforts.

Ninja Homer
07-23-2008, 08:21 AM

Willie is definitely the only one I can think of that would be interested in being a part of this revolution.

Don
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM

Maybe I am just a bigger country fan than some of y'all, but I can think of several people that I would consider legends...Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Hank Williams Jr. Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Garth Brooks, Kenny Rodgers...

Don
07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Ronpaul2008.com has never sent out a mass email about CFL, will this ever happen?

Ron Paul 2008 no longer exists. But we have great lists.

raystone
07-23-2008, 08:28 AM
The leadership Summit is all about this.

For more info: http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10001&title=Campaign%20for%20Liberty%20Leadership%20Summ it

If my state doesn't have a state coordinator yet, how can I inquire about becoming the state coordinator ? (WI)

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Maybe I am just a bigger country fan than some of y'all, but I can think of several people that I would consider legends...Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Hank Williams Jr. Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Garth Brooks...

good list. my middle name is named after waylon jennings. my dad was a big fan. ;)
Kris brings the Johnny Cash mystique.

constituent
07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Waylon Jennings

God Bless Waylon Jennings, R.I.P.

I'd make it up to mn for to see hank jr. for sure though.

"it's just a family tradition."

speciallyblend
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Maybe I am just a bigger country fan than some of y'all, but I can think of several people that I would consider legends...Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Hank Williams Jr. Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Garth Brooks...

i djed country for 6 yrs;) but out of that list you just gave;) which one is an activist like we ron paul supporters are??? ? Willie Nelson:) but if it's someone else, no worries. I like alot of country,but i still perfer my turntables, oooo don i must send you a mp3 of constant sorrow(bluegrass),but with hip hop beats;) ,it's pretty kewl;) if you want me to send ,just let me know ok

LibertyEagle
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe I am just a bigger country fan than some of y'all, but I can think of several people that I would consider legends...Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Hank Williams Jr. Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Garth Brooks, Kenny Rodgers...

Yes please. All would be great. :) Besides Waylon, of course.

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Ugh...country music! If I weren't so accepting of other people's beliefs....grrr...... ;)

Don
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM
If my state doesn't have a state coordinator yet, how can I inquire about becoming the state coordinator ? (WI)

contact dhopper@campaignforliberty.com

Don
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
God Bless Waylon Jennings, R.I.P.

I'd make it up to mn for to see hank jr. for sure though.

"it's just a family tradition."

Sorry, didn't realize he had passed.

Don
07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Ugh...country music! If I weren't so accepting of other people's beliefs....grrr...... ;)

"Liberty requires tolerance." Don't remember who said that...

Dave
07-23-2008, 08:53 AM
There are actually some really important differences.

1. Not everybody uses computers, everybody gets mail.

2. A good open rate on an email blast is still <50% and that's after you spend a bunch of time and money resending to the those that don't open the first one which usually has an open rate of about 10-20%. Despite popular understanding sending out mass email is not cheap, and it certainly isn't free.

3. A jumbo card is bigger than the average piece of mail, it sticks out.

4. It is much more personal. Studies indicate that people feel they have been engaged and singled out to a greater degree with direct mail.

5. Everyone that gets it will see at least some of the information on it. I delete most of my email without opening it. Even if a mail piece goes into the trash, I have at least turned it over in my hand first.

6. It signals to people that we are a serious organization, builds name recognition, and increases the effectiveness of follow-up email and fund-raising efforts.

QFT! This is among the most instructive posts ever on these forums. Helping with the campaign taught me about the impotence of email. It's fine for getting some info out to people but if you're trying to get someone to actually DO something a piece of mail works much better - and a personal phone call is the best.

SnappleLlama
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
QFT! This is among the most instructive posts ever on these forums. Helping with the campaign taught me about the impotence of email.

I snarfed! :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
QFT! This is among the most instructive posts ever on these forums. Helping with the campaign taught me about the impotence of email. It's fine for getting some info out to people but if you're trying to get someone to actually DO something a piece of mail works much better - and a personal phone call is the best.

+1

Phone calls are only eclipsed by face to face (door knocking/table sitting/etc.) canvassing. The truth in our eyes is extremely powerful.

Go get em !!! :D

I am really enjoying this thread. Thanks, Don; for your light-hearted and informative work here. It is VERY much appreciated

:)

Thomas_Paine
07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I would love to see Kris Kristofferson and Willie. You should listen to Kristofferson's 2007 album This Old Road, it has several political tracks that would play well at the convention.

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I would love to see Kris Kristofferson and Willie. You should listen to Kristofferson's 2007 album This Old Road, it has several political tracks that would play well at the convention.

+1

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
///

me3
07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, another one of my crazy ideas.

Mahkato
07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
What qualifies someone to attend the Liberty Summit? Who will be choosing the delegates?

Contact your state coordinator and ask if they have someone in your congressional district yet. As I understand it, the state coords get to pick a person for each district. Generally, those who were the district coords during the RP campaign get first choice. The more work you've put in for the campaign, the better.

The Lantern
07-23-2008, 09:28 PM

Hank Jr. played for the RNC in 2000. I heard he was reasonable. He also wants to run for Governor one day. He would make a great choice. Go for it Don.

ingrid
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Contact your state coordinator and ask if they have someone in your congressional district yet. As I understand it, the state coords get to pick a person for each district. Generally, those who were the district coords during the RP campaign get first choice. The more work you've put in for the campaign, the better.

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/contact/state.php
Just click on your state to find your coordinator's name and email address.

Don
07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/contact/state.php
Just click on your state to find your coordinator's name and email address.

Ummm...yea, what they said. Jeez, guess you guys don't me on here anymore. :)

Knightskye
07-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Good to see you, Don. Glad to know you guys know where to find us. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if this question has been asked (and I apologize for not wanting to sift through thirteen pages of replies), but does the Campaign have any plans to promote the Rally for the Republic, or is it the grassroots?

Don
07-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Good to see you, Don. Glad to know you guys know where to find us. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if this question has been asked (and I apologize for not wanting to sift through thirteen pages of replies), but does the Campaign have any plans to promote the Rally for the Republic, or is it the grassroots?

Nope, we're going to try to keep this thing completely under the radar. Hopefully, no will notice we're even there.:D

Kidding, of course. We have already been heavily promoting t. Over 1000 media hits on Tuesday alone We have a comprehensive marketing plan. Look for surrogates on the talking head shows, more big announcements, even a direct mail piece.

As far as the grassroots goes, I would never stand in the way of the creative juices of our folks. I think Operation St Paul is awesome and I hope there are more programs that are different and creative, but serve similar ends.

As for not wanting to go through 13 pages of replies, there is a lot of really great info in this epic thread. (What is the qualitative standard for calling a thread epic, anyway?) So I recommend taking a few minutes to read through it.

muzzled dogg
07-24-2008, 06:22 AM
q: why can't i buy any official rally merchandise?

RP4Pres2008
07-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Is there going to be a flash counter to show how many tickets have been sold?

You know how much we love our flash counters lol. :D

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM

Hmmm... another surprise for us?

Don
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
q: why can't i buy any official rally merchandise?

The store is a work in progress for both C4L and R4tR. Keep an eye open in the coming days.

Don
07-24-2008, 04:07 PM

No, Ticket Master doesn't accommodate that, but we will have hourly updates as the sales come in.

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
No, Ticket Master doesn't accommodate that, but we will have hourly updates as the sales come in.

Oh- ticket master. Does Ticket Master even have competition? Every event I've seen uses ticket master.

muzzled dogg
07-24-2008, 04:37 PM
ticketmaster = big time

big time scam job that is

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
ticketmaster = big time

big time scam job that is

well, they are upfront about their cut. as in- they don't hide the fact they are about to make a ton of money off of you.
But more competition is needed in this area. Perhaps someone on this forum has the know-how.

James Gragg
07-24-2008, 04:41 PM
There are so many posts on this thread that I don't even know if anybody has suggested this one yet about additional camping space. Why doesn't the CFL committie run a few ads in the local newspapers in MN asking for "farmers and/or other landowners" to allow for rally campers a place to set up camp for five days? Try this one out for size: "Its growing faster than we anticapated. Can you help us out?" It will work.

torchbearer
07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
There are so many posts on this thread that I don't even know if anybody has suggested this one yet about additional camping space. Why doesn't the CFL committie run a few ads in the local newspapers in MN asking for "farmers and/or other landowners" to allow for rally campers a place to set up camp for five days? Try this one out for size: "Its growing faster than we anticapated. Can you help us out?" It will work.

It would help if the CFL knew of a specific need. They haven't sold the first ticket yet. Give them a few days.

muzzled dogg
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
i think livenation.com is ticketmaster's big competitor

samaberle
07-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Will the delegates have to miss most of the Party?

JS4Pat
07-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Hey Everybody! As I am sure you know by now, rallyfortherepublic.com is live and open for business, Dr. Paul has sent out a very inspiring e-mail, and the ink is drying on the contracts for the artists and venues for August 31st to September 2nd.

This is more of a suggestion than a question...

Since YouTube videos were such an integral part of promoting this movement, how about having some type of recognition or competition for the best videos from the campaign?

Maybe countdown the Top 10 YouTube Videos one by one in between speakers at Tuesday night's Rally for The Republic at the Target Center. And then play the number one video at the end of the night just before Ron Paul takes the stage. (Kind of like they do at the Oscars - playing clips from all the "Best Picture" nominations throughout the night) I think the videos would really help energize the crowd plus give the deserved recognition to the creators.

Votes?

1. A New Hope
2. High Tide
3. Stop Dreaming
4. Don' Tread on Me

Ninja Homer
07-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Oh- ticket master. Does Ticket Master even have competition? Every event I've seen uses ticket master.

Ticket Master is universally hated. They were a necessary evil before the internet, because you could get tickets at a closer location rather than going to the box office. The internet should have wiped them off the face of the earth. My guess is that the only thing keeping them in business is a long list of exclusive contracts with major venues.

I'm actually surprised there's no "Google Tickets" yet. You just have to take money online, the customer prints their receipt with barcode, and it's scanned and checked against a database when they go to the event. Just like Fandango for movie theaters, I guess.

How much of my $17.76 is Ticket Master going to take, anyway?

SnappleLlama
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Ticket Master is universally hated. They were a necessary evil before the internet, because you could get tickets at a closer location rather than going to the box office. The internet should have wiped them off the face of the earth. My guess is that the only thing keeping them in business is a long list of exclusive contracts with major venues.

I'm actually surprised there's no "Google Tickets" yet. You just have to take money online, the customer prints their receipt with barcode, and it's scanned and checked against a database when they go to the event. Just like Fandango for movie theaters, I guess.

How much of my $17.76 is Ticket Master going to take, anyway?

Ugh...I'm not looking forward to those outrageous "handling fees." :eek:

bobbyw24
07-25-2008, 09:53 AM
http://www.pokerface.com

This band has supported Dr. Paul for years and has spread his message everywhere it goes.

George_Redner
07-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Hopefully its just a misstep on the part of the organizers, that can easily be corrected. In case the organizers arent aware of Poker Faces activities or videos here are just some of the more recent ones..

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/56142
From a daily paul thread today...

Whether its playing for the Granny warriors for the Tax Rally in April in DC, Or playing for the Granny Warriors, in Sturgis SD over the fourth of July, or even most lately, playing for Revolution March 2008 in DC July 12th, POKER FACE is the goto band of Freedom.

They HAVE been writing the soundtrack to the revolution since 1994, long before any of these hop on the band wagon folks. Poker Face also raised a lot of cash for the Dr Paul phenomenon this past year. And then not get asked to play at the biggest Ron Paul shindig of the year, wtf??? What gives?
mk.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/pokerfacecom/taxRally/PokerFaceplayingDC4-15-8-1.jpg
7-12-8 Poker Face Interview at the Revolution March
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnytb7NpAg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cnytb7NpAg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cnytb7NpAg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7-4-8 PokerFace in Sturgis playing CFAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO_NkCk0CA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOO_NkCk0CA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOO_NkCk0CA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7-4-8 Poker Face in Sturgis playing Illuminati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QonoDiEhfI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QonoDiEhfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QonoDiEhfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4-15-8 Poker Faces song FREEDOM being played in DC
on the West lawn of the Capitol Grounds
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDbr6Xzm2Qw

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDbr6Xzm2Qw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDbr6Xzm2Qw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RP4Pres2008
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but will there be signs, shirts for purchase? It would be nice if it was a sea of Ron Paul and Liberty :D

Austin
07-25-2008, 11:19 PM
How exactly will the seating arrangements work?

Or, more precisely, we will have to sit only in the sit marked on our tickets?

NEPA_Revolution
07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Will Cain be there? You know the wrestler that endorsed Ron Paul?

MRoCkEd
07-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Will Cain be there? You know the wrestler that endorsed Ron Paul?
lol
they should have a match between Kane and Val Venis (the two wrestlers who endorsed rp)

spacehabitats
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes. Complimentary tickets will be offered to RNC delegates and Alternates. We are working out the details, but if you are a delegate and can provide proof of that fact, then write to contact@campaignforliberty.com and attach your credentials. We'll be in touch.

My wife is an alternate. We are taking a family vacation to the Twin Cities. My two children (ages 8 & 14) love Ron Paul, have worked on the campaign, and are looking forward to the Rally (although I am not sure what their attention span will be).;)

So we purchase 3 tickets and my wife, Nancy, arranges to get her comp ticket separately?

Any special arrangements to transport the delegates between the RNC and the Rally? (I know Nancy will want to fulfill her role at the RNC and go to the Rally, but we only have one car.)

We have already resigned ourselves to spending more time apart than we would like (since I will be wrangling two antsy kids) but I am sure there must be other delegates' families with similar juggling acts.

Any suggestions?

Ninja Homer
07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
This is more of a suggestion than a question...

Since YouTube videos were such an integral part of promoting this movement, how about having some type of recognition or competition for the best videos from the campaign?

Maybe countdown the Top 10 YouTube Videos one by one in between speakers at Tuesday night's Rally for The Republic at the Target Center. And then play the number one video at the end of the night just before Ron Paul takes the stage. (Kind of like they do at the Oscars - playing clips from all the "Best Picture" nominations throughout the night) I think the videos would really help energize the crowd plus give the deserved recognition to the creators.

Votes?

1. A New Hope
2. High Tide
3. Stop Dreaming
4. Don' Tread on Me

I like the idea, but I think most youtube vids would have too many copyright issues to play them at Target Center. I think the official campaign ones and the ones that aired as commercials are ok though.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Has a mail-out been sent yet?

Badger Paul
07-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Is Ron Paul going to go over to Minnesota State Fair on Aug. 31 or Sept. 1? That's the last two days of the fair, which is one of the largest in the country, drawing nearly 2 million people per year. It would be great to see him meet people there or draw a big crowd and the news media in front of state GOP booth or the Libertarian Party booth or Constitution Party booth

ronpaulhawaii
07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Is Ron Paul going to go over to Minnesota State Fair on Aug. 31 or Sept. 1? That's the last two days of the fair, which is one of the largest in the country, drawing nearly 2 million people per year. It would be great to see him meet people there or draw a big crowd and the news media in front of state GOP booth or the Libertarian Party booth or Constitution Party booth

We are looking at adjusting our routes (http://walk4freedom.org/routes/) to take advantage of this. We are, also, hoping RP walks the last mile or so with us. I think that would be pretty cool. A whole bunch of us, with RP leading, walking up to the fair...

busy busy

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
We are looking at adjusting our routes (http://walk4freedom.org/routes/) to take advantage of this. We are, also, hoping RP walks the last mile or so with us. I think that would be pretty cool. A whole bunch of us, with RP leading, walking up to the fair...

busy busy

If I knew i could get up there soon enough, i would definitely be down with the final mile. don't think time and funds will allow it.
Are pledges looking good?

ronpaulhawaii
07-28-2008, 11:39 AM
If I knew i could get up there soon enough, i would definitely be down with the final mile. don't think time and funds will allow it.
Are pledges looking good?

Long story there and I don't want to hijack the thread. Each day, things are looking better. We will still need all the help, and support$$$, we can get; watch for updates, it is gonna be really cool...

Question for Don. Will the RfTR be able to supply us with some advertising/informational material to hand out on our walk? Perhaps extras of the mailing?

speciallyblend
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
well ,i say just email them and offer your services, thats what i did;) but that doesn't mean you could be performing,but if your willing to volunteer for www.ronstock08.com then contact my id here;) i met them in SD EVENT;) www.coloradosbestdjs.com ,free mix download peace kenny

Hopefully its just a misstep on the part of the organizers, that can easily be corrected. In case the organizers arent aware of Poker Faces activities or videos here are just some of the more recent ones..

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/56142
From a daily paul thread today...

Whether its playing for the Granny warriors for the Tax Rally in April in DC, Or playing for the Granny Warriors, in Sturgis SD over the fourth of July, or even most lately, playing for Revolution March 2008 in DC July 12th, POKER FACE is the goto band of Freedom.

They HAVE been writing the soundtrack to the revolution since 1994, long before any of these hop on the band wagon folks. Poker Face also raised a lot of cash for the Dr Paul phenomenon this past year. And then not get asked to play at the biggest Ron Paul shindig of the year, wtf??? What gives?
mk.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/pokerfacecom/taxRally/PokerFaceplayingDC4-15-8-1.jpg
7-12-8 Poker Face Interview at the Revolution March
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnytb7NpAg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cnytb7NpAg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cnytb7NpAg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7-4-8 PokerFace in Sturgis playing CFAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO_NkCk0CA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOO_NkCk0CA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOO_NkCk0CA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7-4-8 Poker Face in Sturgis playing Illuminati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QonoDiEhfI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QonoDiEhfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QonoDiEhfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4-15-8 Poker Faces song FREEDOM being played in DC
on the West lawn of the Capitol Grounds
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDbr6Xzm2Qw

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDbr6Xzm2Qw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDbr6Xzm2Qw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Danke
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM

busy busy

I grew up 6 blocks away and know all the places to sneak in for free. :D

Don
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
My wife is an alternate. We are taking a family vacation to the Twin Cities. My two children (ages 8 & 14) love Ron Paul, have worked on the campaign, and are looking forward to the Rally (although I am not sure what their attention span will be).;)

So we purchase 3 tickets and my wife, Nancy, arranges to get her comp ticket separately?

Any special arrangements to transport the delegates between the RNC and the Rally? (I know Nancy will want to fulfill her role at the RNC and go to the Rally, but we only have one car.)

We have already resigned ourselves to spending more time apart than we would like (since I will be wrangling two antsy kids) but I am sure there must be other delegates' families with similar juggling acts.

Any suggestions?

Yes, there will be complimentary bus service between the Xcel Center and the Target Center. Thank you for your commitment. I look forward to seeing you in Minnesota!

Don
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Has a mail-out been sent yet?

Either late this week or early next week. We are working on the mock-up now.

Don
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Long story there and I don't want to hijack the thread. Each day, things are looking better. We will still need all the help, and support$$$, we can get; watch for updates, it is gonna be really cool...

Question for Don. Will the RfTR be able to supply us with some advertising/informational material to hand out on our walk? Perhaps extras of the mailing?

I will look into this.

torchbearer
07-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Either late this week or early next week. We are working on the mock-up now.

Awesome! I would expect another bump in sales after the mailing.

MRoCkEd
07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Does Tucker know that Grover Norquist will be there, and vice versa?
because I just read this on tucker's wikipedia

Carlson has also been a critic of conservative activist Grover Norquist, calling him a "mean-spirited, humorless, dishonest little creep…an embarrassing anomaly, the leering, drunken uncle everyone else wishes would stay home...[he] is repulsive, granted, but there aren't nearly enough of him to start a purge trial."[11] According to American Politics Journal, Carlson went a step further, characterizing Norquist as a "buffoon commissar who has misplaced his principles to the extent of accepting money to lobby on behalf of the Marxist government of the Seychelles."[12]

Confrontations between Carlson and Norquist escalated, with Carlson dismissing Norquist's weekly conservative movement meetings as events "where conservative-movement activists, political strategists, Congressional staffers, and conservative journalists who are deemed loyal from rags like National Review and The Washington Times gather to hash out the GOP party line." Carlson then wrote a critical profile of Norquist.

In a move rumored by Beltway insiders to have been retaliation for the profile, Norquist tried to convince media mogul Rupert Murdoch to abandon financial support for the Weekly Standard, for which Carlson was a writer. Author David Brock alleged Carlson told him that then-U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich became involved in the feud, and that Carlson's job was endangered. Norquist has since denied using such tactics with Carlson, although he has admitted telephoning Murdoch insider Eric Breindel to discuss "alleged inaccuracies in Carlson's piece."[12]

speciallyblend
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey Don are you guys planning any after rally parties? i would love to dj any of your events especially the convention. I will do you proud, just lobbying for the job;)

Shotdown1027
07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Derek Webb, a popular Christian artist who endorsed Ron Paul during the primaries, should be invited!

speciallyblend
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Derek Webb, a popular Christian artist who endorsed Ron Paul during the primaries, should be invited!

hi,just wanted you to know we are also planning some entertainment for a pre rally www.ronstock08.com it will not be as big as the convention,but alot of great ron paul supporters will be there;) im me if you think he might be interested??? We are hoping Don might stop by for a beer with tucker and some hookers:P teasing on the hookers don, sorry had to go there;)

raystone
07-29-2008, 07:39 AM
contact dhopper@campaignforliberty.com

I've emailed her twice and tried calling the office. No response from Debbie Hopper.

I realize she's busy, however, if she doesn't have time to assign state coodinators that are ready to assist ?

She is still listing herself as state coordinator for WI

Badger Paul
07-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Cool RP Hawaii! I certainly join you for the last mile because it's right in my neighborhood.

Thomas_Paine
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
when will we have flyers to promote the rally and when will we have flyers to promote CFL?

libertarian4321
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
hi,just wanted you to know we are also planning some entertainment for a pre rally www.ronstock08.com it will not be as big as the convention,but alot of great ron paul supporters will be there;) im me if you think he might be interested??? We are hoping Don might stop by for a beer with tucker and some hookers:P teasing on the hookers don, sorry had to go there;)

If Tucker is a real libertarian, he won't mind the hookers :)

Don
07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
If Tucker is a real libertarian, he won't mind the hookers :)

Actually, I just sent Thor a private message on this. I talked to Tucker today and he would be thrilled to come out with me and have a beer with you guys. As far as hookers go, get your own! Kidding. Don't send hate mail. Please private message me contact info and location.

Don
07-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I will look into this.

I got the approval on the mailing today. There is usually about a 10% overprint to account for spoiled pieces, machine jams, etc. I will have these bulk mailed to my MN advance team so you guys can collect them to hand out.

Don
07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Does Tucker know that Grover Norquist will be there, and vice versa?
because I just read this on tucker's wikipedia

This is old news and the hatchet is long buried as far as both of them are concerned.

Don
07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey Don are you guys planning any after rally parties? i would love to dj any of your events especially the convention. I will do you proud, just lobbying for the job;)

Clubhouse Jager on Washington St in Minneapolis is our unofficial after-party spot. Paul Dorr is playing on Monday night, but if you contact them they can maybe arrange for additional performers.

Don
07-29-2008, 07:39 PM
when will we have flyers to promote the rally and when will we have flyers to promote CFL?

Soon. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, and for the rest of your life.

The design team is living on Jolt and Cheetos as they try to get a few of the zillion things I have them doing done. This is on the list. Keep checking back in the download section on the rally site.

ronpaulhawaii
07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I got the approval on the mailing today. There is usually about a 10% overprint to account for spoiled pieces, machine jams, etc. I will have these bulk mailed to my MN advance team so you guys can collect them to hand out.

I'm just loving this thread more and more...

Mahalo nui loa, Don. :)

I'll let our MN guys know, to coordinate this. We pick up the RVs a few days early on the Twin Cities side, so can pick them up then...

Thanks again

:D

Danke
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Clubhouse Jager on Washington St in Minneapolis is our unofficial after-party spot. Paul Dorr is playing on Monday night, but if you contact them they can maybe arrange for additional performers.

That place is not that big. But the owner is a Ron Paul supporter...

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Steve Dore. Maybe Paul Dorr will be there too! :p

Right now, that's Monday night after the Ron Paul Nation Celebration. Club Jaeger is always a good place to go hang out. We'll have to see what special hours the owner will offer us.

Don
07-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Steve Dore. Maybe Paul Dorr will be there too! :p

Right now, that's Monday night after the Ron Paul Nation Celebration. Club Jaeger is always a good place to go hang out. We'll have to see what special hours the owner will offer us.

Oops. Good catch.

Don
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey everyone - Just wanted to let you know that Dr. Paul will be recording an update video this evening with a couple of big announcements about the rally. Stay tuned...

Jeremy
07-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Will Fluffy the cat be at the rally?

:p

MRoCkEd
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone - Just wanted to let you know that Dr. Paul will be recording an update video this evening with a couple of big announcements about the rally. Stay tuned...
sounds good - he should mention it on glenn beck tonight too

RP4Pres2008
07-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Awesome! I can't wait for this. :cool::cool:

Ninja Homer
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM

Woot woot! This is now officially a 5 star thread. :D

SnappleLlama
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Will Fluffy the cat be at the rally?

:p

:D:D:D

It would be awesome if RP begins his Rally speech by introducing his family...and then his wife's cat, Fluffy!

"...And finally, I'd like to thank Fluffy.." (lifts cat onto podium)

torchbearer
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
:D:D:D

It would be awesome if RP begins his Rally speech by introducing his family...and then his wife's cat, Fluffy!

"...And finally, I'd like to thank Fluffy.." (lifts cat onto podium)

Is fluffy Persian?
http://www.terriebittner.com/graphics/white_cat.jpg

LibertyOfOne
07-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Is fluffy Persian?

Down with the terrorist cat!!

rajibo
07-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Is fluffy Persian?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07302008/photos/news003.jpg

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM

bump... anxiously waiting for this video

samaberle
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
There is a huge amount of RP supporters that have never heard of the Campaign for Liberty, or the Rally for the Republic. Just looking at my sphere of influence, surrounding community, I would say that maybe 10% of the RP supporters regularly check their email, let alone search out info on Ron Paul. This needs to be door to door or even neighbor to neighbor. I have had several people ask me what this rally thing is. It would be nice to be able to hand them some literature, explaining what it is about.

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 12:26 PM
There is a huge amount of RP supporters that have never heard of the Campaign for Liberty, or the Rally for the Republic.

*cries*

Throwback280s
07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Is Rockie Lynn one of the two "internationally known musical acts" mentioned on the CFL site?

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Is Rockie Lynn one of the two "internationally known musical acts" mentioned on the CFL site?
if you listened to alex jones, it seems jimmie vaughan will be coming, and there will be a bigger announcement on monday

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM

^^lol we hope not

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey, how about telling Rockie Lynn thank you on his forum? http://rockielynnefans.com/index.php
He is a stand up guy, does shows to support our troops, but is smart enough to realize whose foreign policy is really pro-troops... and that is our position.
I'm glad he is making a stand, and playing our venue.

Don
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM

If you haven't noticed, we have been rolling out a couple of names a week. This stretches the news cycles that we get headlines in, maximizes stories about the event, and builds the excitement. We are a month out and half sold out with the biggest announcements and most of the media coverage ahead of us.

For our part, we are so excited to have Rockie, he is an amazing guy and a great musician. He changed his travel plans to come back to Minnesota early for our event. He was already coming back the following weekend for an annual motorcycle rally he puts on where he goes to the homes of the families of fallen soldiers before ending at an arena for a benefit concert.

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
If you haven't noticed, we have been rolling out a couple of names a week. This stretches the news cycles that we get headlines in, maximizes stories about the event, and builds the excitement. We are a month out and half sold out with the biggest announcements and most of the media coverage ahead of us.

For our part, we are so excited to have Rockie, he is an amazing guy and a great musician. He changed his travel plans to come back to Minnesota early for our event. He was already coming back the following weekend for an annual motorcycle rally he puts on where he goes to the homes of the families of fallen soldiers before ending at an arena for a benefit concert.

There was a link to an article recently about C-SPAN dedicating some of their coverage to the Rally for the Republic. Can you verify or disprove this - and perhaps give us an insight to the amount of coverage you expect to receive (if any) of the event? Also, have their been any new developments about the possibilities of a live stream and/or professional recording of the event? Thanks

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM

i'm sorry was that a yes?

Don
07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
There was a link to an article recently about C-SPAN dedicating some of their coverage to the Rally for the Republic. Can you verify or disprove this - and perhaps give us an insight to the amount of coverage you expect to receive (if any) of the event? Also, have their been any new developments about the possibilities of a live stream and/or professional recording of the event? Thanks

Yes, CSPAN will be covering the event. I am not privy to those negotiations so i can't give many details except to say that the level of media interest is very high. I am hoping to have more answers to the recording question next week. I'm sorry to put you off on that, but some details necessary to the answer won't be resolved until then.

Throwback280s
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM

That sounds fantastic. I'm just trying to keep tabs on the lineup to help try to sell more friends and associates on joining us for this journey. Keep up the good work.

Don
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
A private message asked: "Will you please clarify about the use of signs in Minnesota? My understanding was that they could not be used at the Target Center, due to constraints by the Target Center itself.

People don't know what they're supposed to do. Is it ok with the CFL if people plaster St. Paul with Ron Paul signs?"

The Target Center does not allow hand billing or signs anywhere on their property.

We are working with a grassroots organization to put up professional, high design marketing materials throughout the Twin Cities including billboards, buses, and sidewalk kiosks.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think that RP for President signs would be counter-productive.

I am working with a marketing firm of great repute to get download-able posters and slim-jims up on the website very soon. Our preference would be for folks to use the materials we produce so that we can maintain marketing and messaging consistency.

Throwback280s
07-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Has there been any attempt to see if Glenn Beck would like to appear at the rally? if it's at all possible, having the third biggest radio talk show host in the biz would bring some amazing publicity for our targeted Republican audience.

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd like to forward this question to you from another thread:

When the hell are those mail invitations going out? If they don't go out soon people aren't going to have enough time to make plans.

Don
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Has there been any attempt to see if Glenn Beck would like to appear at the rally? if it's at all possible, having the third biggest radio talk show host in the biz would bring some amazing publicity for our targeted Republican audience.

;)

Don
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
When are those mail invitations going out? If they don't go out soon people aren't going to have enough time to make plans.

The current proof is on my laptop. We're shooting for Monday.

UtahApocalypse
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
;)

interesting :)

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
interesting :)

crackyflipside
07-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Ron Paul Announces Jesse Ventura and Rockie Lynne. Very nice.

I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for a Glenn Beck confirmation!

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Don, how's the parking situation for the Rally?

I know Target Center has a big ramp, but it's on a work day, and I'd guess the ramp is used on work days for people who work downtown. Also there isn't any parking downtown for RV's that I know of.

Any chance of shuttle buses from a couple suburban malls North and South of Minneapolis? If not, it might be a good idea to advise people to take public transportation in. It would really suck if there were 15,000 people driving in and no parking spaces.

rajibo
07-31-2008, 10:33 PM

I know Target Center has a big ramp, but it's on a work day, and I'd guess the ramp is used on work days for people who work downtown. Also there isn't any parking downtown for RV's that I know of.

Any chance of shuttle buses from a couple suburban malls North and South of Minneapolis? If not, it might be a good idea to advise people to take public transportation in. It would really suck if there were 15,000 people driving in and no parking spaces.

I figure that if in Philly we can (kinda) accomodate a Phillies game, Eagles game, and concert at the same time, parking should not be too much of an issue at a Minnesota arena.

Bruno
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
;)

Has it already been asked if Willie will be attending?

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
I figure that if in Philly we can (kinda) accomodate a Phillies game, Eagles game, and concert at the same time, parking should not be too much of an issue at a Minnesota arena.

I don't really think it will be a problem either. Normally it wouldn't be a problem at all, but there's going to be a lot of extra people in town, and it's a workday. I just figured it should at least be checked into in advance to make sure it won't be a problem.

Don
08-01-2008, 07:35 AM

There are over 100k parking spaces in the immediate downtown area. We feel confident that everyone who attends will find parking. Target Center also assures us that this is the case. As for RVs, we are working on a couple of different options and will be letting folks know well ahead of time.

Don
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM

Has it already been asked if Willie will be attending?

No Willie. I never really understood the push for him. He's a socialist who supports farm subsidies and corn ethanol. Great musician, but a total leftist. How does he help us build a new governing majority within the Republican Party?

I did ask, his quote to play was outrageous.

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 08:07 AM
No Willie. I never really understood the push for him. He's a socialist who supports farm subsidies and corn ethanol. Great musician, but a total leftist. How does he help us build a new governing majority within the Republican Party?

I did ask, his quote to play was outrageous.

he is a good activist,we were just guessing and most know him for his activist work, though i would agree with you;)

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Willie wanted to champion a cause for the plight of farmers in this country. And he was right, our policies destroyed the small farmer, my grandfather being one of them.
Willie, personally, isn't a socialist. And when asked, he believes all people should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. But that is not the system we live in...so he is fighting on behalf of the farmers for a piece of the pie.
Willie is not a political scientist, just an old hippie with a heart.

One of the perks of being a successful musician in this state is that i get to sit down with some old legends from time to time. None of them are truly socialist, just don't know what else to do besides play benefit concerts.

Don
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Willie wanted to champion a cause for the plight of farmers in this country. And he was right, our policies destroyed the small farmer, my grandfather being one of them.
Willie, personally, isn't a socialist. And when asked, he believes all people should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. But that is not the system we live in...so he is fighting on behalf of the farmers for a piece of the pie.
Willie is not a political scientist, just an old hippie with a heart.

One of the perks of being a successful musician in this state is that i get to sit down with some old legends from time to time. None of them are truly socialist, just don't know what else to do besides play benefit concerts.

Touche. I withdraw my earlier comment. But the point remains.

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Touche. I withdraw my earlier comment. But the point remains.

And your point is very valid. Willie would not be a good draw for a republican convention. Though the guy you have now, is a great choice.
I don't listen to modern country, so i hadn't heard of him... but i did read up on him. And he is a stand-up guy.

Don
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
And your point is very valid. Willie would not be a good draw for a republican convention. Though the guy you have now, is a great choice.
I don't listen to modern country, so i hadn't heard of him... but i did read up on him. And he is a stand-up guy.

We have more announcements coming as well including another big musician. Rockie is playing on Monday night. The Tuesday headliner, and I hope, another surprise musical guest, will be in the mix soon.

Throwback280s
08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Has the campaign talked to Prodigy of Mobb Depp, John Mayer, or The Sex Pistols?

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM

yep:)

Austin
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Has the campaign talked to Prodigy of Mobb Depp, John Mayer, or The Sex Pistols?

I think this will be an announcement soon. His summer tour officially ends on August 31st, just in time to get a day or two of rest and do one final performance. I can't imagine him not being there, given his defense of liberty on YouTube, even if he was drunk.

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM

watch my dj set today at http://www.stickam.com/speciallyblend 6-9pm today aug 1st and thru out the weekend for BOOM DAYS/Gold ,ill play some stuff you will like;0 join the chat as well and i can try to do a request for you;)

UtahApocalypse
08-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Don, will there be a online stream available of the events. Also I would hopr for something mire stable, and professional then stickam or justin.tv.

Don
08-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Don, will there be a online stream available of the events. Also I would hopr for something mire stable, and professional then stickam or justin.tv.

I am working this out with the technicians now. The sticking point is still the issue of broadcasting the musicians. I am expecting to get a high quality feed of everything else, but having to turn it off during the performances. Nature of he beast.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I am working this out with the technicians now. The sticking point is still the issue of broadcasting the musicians. I am expecting to get a high quality feed of everything else, but having to turn it off during the performances. Nature of he beast.
So the musicians probably won't be available on the live feed... but if you end up recording the event and putting it on dvd (which you said you would get back to us on next week) are you able to include them?

Don
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM

"Republicans and Middle America! Are you ready to Slap your B**** Up?"

No, we didn't invite Prodigy. John Mayer was contacted and declined. Apparently I'm not hip enough to know who Mobb Depp is. And The Sex Pistols...words fail me.

Don
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
So the musicians probably won't be available on the live feed... but if you end up recording the event and putting it on dvd (which you said you would get back to us on next week) are you able to include them?

Only if we pay monstrous royalties.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Only if we pay monstrous royalties.
and the chances of that happening are..?

UtahApocalypse
08-01-2008, 05:59 PM
;)

and the chances of that happening are..?

I hope they don't waste the CFL funds on that

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Royalties would typically come out the sales. As in a percent of each sale goes to said artist.
If it gets a bunch of DVDs sold to non-supporters, it would be a benefit for recruitment. Though, i don't see an average person buying a dvd of the rally. just the supporters.

Don
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM

The first question we ask ourselves when spending the donors money is how does this advance the goals of the organization and the movement. I don't see how paying huge royalties serves that end.

bucfish
08-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Prodigy of Mobb Depp is the rapper that when was pushed on a radio interview to support Barack instead said I support Ron Paul!

Here is the youtube. Get him Don Get Him!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9jLCUu010

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 06:13 PM
The first question we ask ourselves when spending the donors money is how does this advance the goals of the organization and the movement. I don't see how paying huge royalties serves that end.
true, true.
as long as i get to watch the speakers i'm down with it.

Swearengen
08-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I suspect the surprise performer will be Toby Keith. He just happens to be at the St. Paul fairgrounds the day before, on Sept. 1st.

muzzled dogg
08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
don did you holla @ rage against the machine (or tom morello)?

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I suspect the surprise performer will be Toby Keith. He just happens to be at the St. Paul fairgrounds the day before, on Sept. 1st.

What about Alabama? We had killer grassroots in that state.
Tim McGraw? Louisiana native. He can carpool with me. ;)

bucfish
08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
We need variety I hope for Alabama, Toby Keith, Jimmy Buffet, Rage against the Machine and Prodigy of Mobb Depp!

muzzled dogg
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
immortal technique literally walks of the stage at the end of his set with his fist in the air yellin viva la revolucion

Don
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
don did you holla @ rage against the machine (or tom morello)?

I love RATM! But no, we didn't invite them. They would probably prefer to play in the street in front of the RNC anyway. :D

bucfish
08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Get Prodigy from Mobb Depp. Let's span all spectrums!

He wants Liberty just as we do! Get Him Don Get'em

muzzled dogg
08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
hip hop fans gonna be at the rally too

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/shemdogg/IMG_1150.jpg

me3
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Don, I want to put up banners advertising the Rally for the Republic.

The problem is, both the C4L and the R4R stink when it comes to banners and web promotional items.

There is not a single web standard ad banner size among the few creatives available.

I need a 728 x 90 leaderboard.

While we are at it,

125 x 125
468 x 60
250 x 250
336 x 280
120 x 600
120 x 250

Austin
08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Good job reppin Technique, shemm.

muzzled dogg
08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
ty..........

Don
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Don, I want to put up banners advertising the Rally for the Republic.

The problem is, both the C4L and the R4R stink when it comes to banners and web promotional items.

There is not a single web standard ad banner size among the few creatives available.

I need a 728 x 90 leaderboard.

While we are at it,

125 x 125
468 x 60
250 x 250
336 x 280
120 x 600
120 x 250

Yea, I am endeavoring to lead the organization to a place where we suck less when it comes to web promotion. I have another full time dedicated web developer starting on Monday. I will forward these requests and follow-up. I also have a graphic design team working on .pdf for posters and hand bills (Slim-jims), as well as merchandise so keep on keeping me on top of this stuff. Your ideas would, of course, be welcomed as well.

Austin
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Don, Mayer on Monday?

Don
08-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Don, Mayer on Monday?

As stated before, we asked, he said no thanks. Sad, but true.:(

rightofpeople
08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Get that Ron Paul High Tide animation off the Rally for the Republic homepage, that thing will be a joke and make a horrible impression upon the media and those that do not support Ron Paul yet. It's practically begging to be made fun of.

It would be much better to stick with actual footage of Ron Paul speaking the very same words.

Austin
08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
As stated before, we asked, he said no thanks. Sad, but true.:(
Ah, I must've missed it. That's too bad.

mlmvh
08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi, Don!

Thanks so much for all your hard work! These groups may be interested in playing at one of the events, or you may want to play their songs as filler in between acts; FYI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naMtwqBzja0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-t_YD-sDhw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPjsGFcXlg