PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Trail Memorabilia auction!

Sematary
07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
As many of you are aware, I am attempting (pretty much by any means legal and necessary) to raise funds so that I can attend the alternate convention in Minnesota in September. To that end I have created an auction of various memorabilia that I've collected over the last year. Here is the listing description and location:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140251678232&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

This is a collection of Ron Paul memorabilia that I have collected over the last year. Included in the auction is the USA Today AD that came out last November 21st. This is the complete paper - not just the ad, and is in mint condition. Also included (and the hardest for me to part with) is the Ames advertisement pictured above. This is also the complete paper and ad and is in excellent condition.

Also included in this auction is Ron Paul's book - A Foreign Policy of Freedom. A very good read and again, something else I will hate to part with. There is an 8x10 advertisement from the Boston Teaparty (yes, I attended).

The last two items are a cd called "Overview America" created by the John Birch Society and which was available at the hotel where Ron Paul came to speak to us before the rally in November. Finally, another treasured piece is one I picked up just last week in D.C. That is a pocket constitution with the autograph of Naomi Wolf. It was signed immediately following her speech in D.C. last week.

As you can see, this is a fairly decent collection of memorabilia that I honestly hate to part with but I want to be able to attend Ron Paul's alternate convention in September and come hell or high water, I will be there. So these precious items must go. Please bid high and often.

Thanks

Also, I am still promoting the chipin I created for straight up donations to help me get this money together. That can be found here:

http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

Please, if you feel the cause to be worthy, consider a donation.

I will also be auctioning off various items of an electronic nature on Ebay shortly in an attempt to garner more cash for this endeavor and will also be doing a yard sale locally with some larger items I don't want to be bothered shipping. In short, I am doing everything in my power to raise this money and your support is most appreciated.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
bid 10-

Sematary
07-21-2008, 07:35 PM
bid 10-

Thanks. Hopefully it will go much higher than that, though. ;-)

kigol
07-21-2008, 08:25 PM
:cool:

CasualApathy
07-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Man, that's some neat stuff! You really want to sell it?

I dunno dude, I think I would sell a kidney before letting go of that collection of authentic RP materials. You KNOW they're gonna be worth a fortune once this freedom-movement sweeps the earth.

Sematary
07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Man, that's some neat stuff! You really want to sell it?

I dunno dude, I think I would sell a kidney before letting go of that collection of authentic RP materials. You KNOW they're gonna be worth a fortune once this freedom-movement sweeps the earth.

WANT to sell it? No.
WANT to be in Minnesota come September? YES!

Choices must be made.

Besides, I gave my brother a kidney when I was in my early 20's
I can't sell the only one I have left. ;-)

Sematary
07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
:cool:

:)

libertarian4321
07-22-2008, 12:40 AM
WANT to sell it? No.
WANT to be in Minnesota come September? YES!

Choices must be made.

Besides, I gave my brother a kidney when I was in my early 20's
I can't sell the only one I have left. ;-)

Where do you live? If you live anywhere along I-35 between San Antonio and Minneapolis, I can offer a ride since it doesn't look like my wife is going to be able to go. That'll save you some money.

Sematary
07-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Where do you live? If you live anywhere along I-35 between San Antonio and Minneapolis, I can offer a ride since it doesn't look like my wife is going to be able to go. That'll save you some money.

Ct.

Sematary
07-22-2008, 05:27 AM
$10? Really?
There must be someone here who would really like to own a piece of history.

Sematary
07-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I've added an additional two auctions to Ebay to help me pull this money together. These are two lots of vintage video games. The first lot is for NES, SNES and N64. The Second lot is for Intellivision games. I hate to part with any of this stuff (and there IS more coming) because I've been collecting it for years, but I have no intention of missing the Campaign for Liberty rally. I also intend to bring my 8 year old (she has gone to many of these things with me) so that she can see democracy in action (as opposed to democracy inaction). ;-)
So - if you are into vintage video games and systems, please check out these auctions:

NES - etc...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140251780220&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

Intellivision....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140251785834&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

Happy bidding....

By the way, got the second bid on my memorabilia but only up to $10.50 :-(

Also, don't forget the chipin: http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

And, if Chipin isn't working (as is the case right at this moment), donations can be made directly to my paypal acct: interleave1@earthlink.net

Primbs
07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice stuff, I placed a bid.

Sematary
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Nice stuff, I placed a bid.

Thanks for the bid. :-)
It's going to take alot more than $11.50 to get me to Minneapolis tho. ;-)

:D

Sematary
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
As a bump, before I head off to work for the night, I just wanted to say that I have to believe there is more interest in this one of a kind collection than what has been shown so far. I hope more people are considering it at least. :-)

ronpaulhawaii
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Bob, are you sure you want to sell that as a lot and not separately?

Sematary
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Bob, are you sure you want to sell that as a lot and not separately?

Yes. Thanks for asking though. And, even if I were to change my mind, it's too late. The auction already has bids. Personally, I'd rather not sell any of it. This is one of a kind stuff. I'll never see another copy of that AMES ad or get another autographed copy of the constitution by Naomi Wolf. I'm all in for Minnesota. :-)
I hope someone who actually HAS cash and would like this stuff, will bid it up high to help me get there.

SnappleLlama
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll be taking a look after work tonight (can't access Ebay from work...blargh!)

RickyJ
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes. Thanks for asking though. And, even if I were to change my mind, it's too late. The auction already has bids

I think the highest bidder is a poster here and would understand if you wanted to back out of this auction. You should have set a minimum before you would sell.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
intellivision = older than our constitution

Sematary
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
intellivision = older than our constitution
True. Very true. :-)
Not as valuable tho.

Sematary
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I think the highest bidder is a poster here and would understand if you wanted to back out of this auction. You should have set a minimum before you would sell.

It's all good. I expect, in the end, that the winning bidder will be higher than $11.50
:)

Sematary
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Come on folks, this auction REALLY has to see more action than it has so far. The AMES AD ALONE is a valuable piece of memorabilia. Please don't let this auction go for naught.

MRoCkEd
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM
you made it last way too long
most people don't bid until the last day

Sematary
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
you made it last way too long
most people don't bid until the last day

I have time.
Hopefully, you are correct however, and at the last moment there will be some good bidding. :-)

In the meantime, the chipin is only at $32

Sematary
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
bump for going to work.

Sematary
07-23-2008, 11:00 PM
bump. Plus.... I could REALLY use some donations to the chipin. If I say please, will it help?
:-)

ronpaulhawaii
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
bump

Sematary
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
bump

Thanks for the bump, Ronpaulhawaii

Chipin is (unfortunately) still at $32

Just in case people want to donate:
http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

tangent4ronpaul
07-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes. Thanks for asking though. And, even if I were to change my mind, it's too late. The auction already has bids. Personally, I'd rather not sell any of it. This is one of a kind stuff. I'll never see another copy of that AMES ad or get another autographed copy of the constitution by Naomi Wolf. I'm all in for Minnesota. :-)
I hope someone who actually HAS cash and would like this stuff, will bid it up high to help me get there.

You can cancel it and you should. The stuff is worth a lot more then $15 to you. You would do better doing some day labor, or selling blood or something. Your other auctions are doing better.

As a thought, school is starting then. Look for ads or place one looking to split gas and driving going out with some student. Craigslist, etc. or Ronvoy.

How you spend money is more important than how much you make. Be creative. Take a hard look at $$$ out. Don't eat out, etc.

-n

Andrew-Austin
07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Eh, currently winning the race at twenty one. Yes I'm a poor man.

Have a good time at the convention.

qh4dotcom
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the bump, Ronpaulhawaii

Chipin is (unfortunately) still at $32

Just in case people want to donate:

Ok, I just made a contribution to your chipin.

Wouldn't it be easier for you and your family to work overtime at the job rather than to give up these treasured items? Or sell something else?

I would rather sleep in my car to save on lodging costs and eat at the $1 menu of fast food restaurants than give up this good stuff you have.

Did you check out the lodging options I sent you?

Sematary
07-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok, I just made a contribution to your chipin.

Wouldn't it be easier for you and your family to work overtime at the job rather than to give up these treasured items? Or sell something else?

I would rather sleep in my car to save on lodging costs and eat at the $1 menu of fast food restaurants than give up this good stuff you have.

Did you check out the lodging options I sent you?

No, I haven't checked them out yet, but I will.
Even if I could sleep, eat, and travel for FREE, I still have to cover a weeks pay. So - the auction - and the chipin.

Sematary
07-25-2008, 05:48 AM
The auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140251678232&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

is currently @ $20.50 with 5 bids
The chip: http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

Is currently at $35 with 4 donors. (thankyou)

Ozwest
07-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Many months ago I contacted Sematary, on this forum, asking him to send me a original copy of the U.S.A. ad " An Open Letter to the American People."

He was kind enough to send me this, amongst other other Ron Paul paraphernalia that I didn't request.

Sematary sent this to a grateful ex-pat in Australia.

I offered him extra monies for his endeavors, but he insisted I re-emburse him for the postage only.

Considering the endless hours, tireless work , and contributions Sematary has made towards his country, and this forum, I encourage everyone to support him in his cause.

I encourage others who have been inspired by Sematary to speak up...

Sematary
07-25-2008, 11:58 PM
busy day on the forums today.
Look folks. I don't have alot of time. I'm part of the Ct. leadership group and I'm broke. What more can I say? I gave everything I have (and then some) in the last year to this campaign, and I NEED to make it to Minnesota. PLEASE, if you have the ability, chipin or bid on my one of a kind auction. Don't leave me here, stuck in Ct., wondering what was going on. I already bought the tickets.

Sematary
07-26-2008, 01:44 PM
bump for hope

qh4dotcom
07-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I already made a contribution to your chipin...and I don't want to be the bad guy who takes the memorabilia away from you.

Did you check out the cheap lodging options I sent you? Someone left a comment on the CFL blog saying he would let people camp out on tents on his yard. I put the travel expenses on my credit card...I will have plenty of time to pay it back. $15 minimum payment per month is something I can afford.

Sematary
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I already made a contribution to your chipin...and I don't want to be the bad guy who takes the memorabilia away from you.

Did you check out the cheap lodging options I sent you? Someone left a comment on the CFL blog saying he would let people camp out on tents on his yard. I put the travel expenses on my credit card...I will have plenty of time to pay it back. $15 minimum payment per month is something I can afford.

PLEASE, be the guy who who wins my auction. The more bids the merrier. The items are going anyway, it might as well be for a good price. :D