PDA

View Full Version : Plygs are people too

hiimallen
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Fellow Ron Paul supporters, I am a former FLDS Church member and am a big Ron Paul supporter, and can't wait til his next book comes out!

But in a few days, on the 24th of July, Dirty Harry arranged a hearing concerning the FLDS Church (He being LDS) before the Senate Judiciary committee. No FLDS Chuch members or those who would defend the lifestyle were invited to the hearing. But rather only bitter ex member and anti FLDS crusaders were invited.

Please sign our petition asking the Senators to hear the FLDS People as well.

http://voicesforthechildren.org/viewpetition.php?id=3

Long live the revolution!

dannno
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/New_emoticons/popcorn.gif

powerofreason
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Signed the petition.

constituent
07-21-2008, 07:00 PM
if you'd have left "forthechildren" out of the domain name.... maybe.

Soccrmastr
07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
lol no

mport1
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Done. The outlaw of polygamy is one of the stupidest laws on the books.

constituent
07-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Dirty Harry arranged a hearing concerning the FLDS Church (He being LDS)

hmmm... now THAT is interesting.

time to start seeking out the little red threads, thanks for the new obsession.

nate895
07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Before we start on the pants-dropping liberties, let's get our privacy, gun, and economic rights back, which I'm sure your little obsession will be incorporated in privacy.

hypnagogue
07-21-2008, 08:43 PM
It's noteworthy that it is not polygamy which has landed the FLDS in trouble with the law, but rather arranged marriages involving teenage girls and middle-aged men. I'm not overly sympathetic for the FLDS. They may be justified in their defense of consensual polygamy, but many of their other practices are either rightly illegal or ethically repugnant.

inibo
07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
It's noteworthy that it is not polygamy which has landed the FLDS in trouble with the law, but rather arranged marriages involving teenage girls and middle-aged men. I'm not overly sympathetic for the FLDS. They may be justified in their defense of consensual polygamy, but many of their other practices are either rightly illegal or ethically repugnant.

If you are talking about that case where the Texas CPS kidnapped several hundred children (http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/search/label/FLDS%20Church), that I'm aware of there has not been any criminal charges, let alone convictions or even hard evidence that there were any crimes committed by the YFZ Mormans.

berrybunches
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM

You are correct BUT

The FDLS is huge. It is very possible for these things to go on with only a small minority aware of them. Plus, just because some of them engage in this activity does not mean they are all that way or all agree with it. I think its important that they are not hassled by law enforcement unless it is proved they are breaking the law: this is a privilege/right all Americans are entitled to even if we disagree with them.
I also find it 'ethically repugnant' that a 50 year old man is marrying multiple 17-20 years olds but its none of my business and I will sign their petition because I find the fact that the Texas police took day old infants away from their mothers not only illegal but equally ethically repugnant.

Just my thoughts, I am no fan of the FDLS btw but I do sympathize with them on constitutional grounds.

Swmorgan77
07-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Fellow Ron Paul supporters, I am a former FLDS Church member and am a big Ron Paul supporter, and can't wait til his next book comes out!

But in a few days, on the 24th of July, Dirty Harry arranged a hearing concerning the FLDS Church (He being LDS) before the Senate Judiciary committee. No FLDS Chuch members or those who would defend the lifestyle were invited to the hearing. But rather only bitter ex member and anti FLDS crusaders were invited.

Please sign our petition asking the Senators to hear the FLDS People as well.

http://voicesforthechildren.org/viewpetition.php?id=3

Long live the revolution!

I am LDS, and Harry Ried is total scum. He has openly stated that President Benson, who is well known for his support of the freedom and anti NWO movement, led the Church astray.