PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good compilation of media bias against Ron Paul?

RonPaulWisconsin
07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
When trying to get people to understand *why* Ron Paul was censored, I often find myself explaining the conflict of interest in the mainstream media:

1. News Corp/Clear Channel/Comcast: FOX

2. Time Warner/AOL: CNN

3. Viacom /Infinity Broadcasting Corp/ DirecTV: CBS

4. General Electric: NBC

5. Disney/Charter: ABC

I know NBC and Time Warner are pretty close and some argue that their grouping means Bertelsmann AG (BMG, Sony, etc.) is in the "Big Five". But for the sake of simplicity, I try to separate the companies by network.

Now, we all know these media conglomerates are huge and play a big role in the destruction of our sovereignty - - but is there a good website, book, film, etc. that shows how *all* these companies are connected directly to the feedbag? Specifically, the Military Industrial Complex?

I know the answer to this is "yes", so I'm basically trying to get everybody's take on what the best sources of information are on this topic. I ask mainly because I've been trying to find the simplest way to explain this to people who aren't privy to this information.

I'm also wondering if there is a good video that shows the various media slams against Ron Paul? Because if there isn't, there should be.

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Check out this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSufSn6423s
This is one of five.
Also- this professor may be a great aid in putting together the complete package.

Thanehand
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm way behind in its upkeep (I was hoping more people would help me, but unfortunately nobody really committed to it with me), but the Ron Paul Timeline (http://www.ronpaultimeline.com) has a large sampling.

tmosley
07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, a while back I saw some study that compared the amount of media attention to the popularity of a candidate, and the media attention always spiked before the candidate's popularity. They included Ron Paul for a while, but dropped him during the media blackout, because he wasn't getting any media coverage.

Corrected for the amount of television media attention, Ron Paul was 4x more popular than the next most popular Republican candidate.

hillbilly123069
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQEQ7qHvgM
This is a corporate hijacking of Our elections

mello
07-21-2008, 01:56 PM
GE owns GE Aviation, the third largest manufacturer of military aircraft engines. I wonder
how much money GE would have lost if Ron Paul won & proceeded to end the Iraq war &
shut down the 700+ U.S. bases in foreign countries. One billion? Five billion?

RonPaulWisconsin
07-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

But it's clear that we need to make a video that compiles all the media slams levied at Dr. Paul. I'm shocked that somebody hasn't made one. It could easily be at least a 1/2 hour long. But a simple 5 minute video would be sufficient. From Bill Kristol's comments to the FoxNews debate questions, there is certainly a lot to choose from.

I would seriously donate money for that video to get made. I'd do it myself if I had an ounce of technological capability ;-)

Does anybody else think this would be a good idea? After all, the bias in the media seems to be the biggest hurdle for a lot of people. I can't count how many times I've heard, "there's no way that's true. If it were, it'd be all over the news".

AdamT
07-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

But it's clear that we need to make a video that compiles all the media slams levied at Dr. Paul. I'm shocked that somebody hasn't made one. It could easily be at least a 1/2 hour long. But a simple 5 minute video would be sufficient. From Bill Kristol's comments to the FoxNews debate questions, there is certainly a lot to choose from.

I would seriously donate money for that video to get made. I'd do it myself if I had an ounce of technological capability ;-)

Does anybody else think this would be a good idea? After all, the bias in the media seems to be the biggest hurdle for a lot of people. I can't count how many times I've heard, "there's no way that's true. If it were, it'd be all over the news".

I guess I can unleash this now, as we've been in pre-production for a few weeks now. My PAC is going to be producing an original full length documentary on Ron Paul's run for president. And believe me, along with focusing on the grassroots, it's going to tear the media a new one on a level not seen since OutFoxed.

We are going to compile a segment with all the attacks for the doc.

If anyone has high res recordings of some of these broadcasts, PM me asap.

fr33domfightr
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
i guess i can unleash this now, as we've been in pre-production for a few weeks now. My pac is going to be producing an original full length documentary on ron paul's run for president. And believe me, along with focusing on the grassroots, it's going to tear the media a new one on a level not seen since outfoxed.

If anyone has high res recordings of some of these broadcasts, pm me asap.

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ff

Eric21ND
07-22-2008, 03:21 AM
I guess I can unleash this now, as we've been in pre-production for a few weeks now. My PAC is going to be producing an original full length documentary on Ron Paul's run for president. And believe me, along with focusing on the grassroots, it's going to tear the media a new one on a level not seen since OutFoxed.

Sweet! :eek:

FindLiberty
07-22-2008, 04:35 AM
Bias is against truth, RP just happened to be the messenger... Hope you include some nice charts and graphs too ...in HDTV Blu-Ray format (not just NTSC).

Get this project done and distributed while we still have water, sewer and electricity 24x7. I think you are already too late for the banks and Wall Street.

Spoiler leak: Do you tear 'em a new one before or after the tar and feathers are applied?

AdamT
07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Bias is against truth, RP just happened to be the messenger... Hope you include some nice charts and graphs too ...in HDTV Blu-Ray format (not just NTSC).

Get this project done and distributed while we still have water, sewer and electricity 24x7. I think you are already too late for the banks and Wall Street.

Spoiler leak: Do you tear 'em a new one before or after the tar and feathers are applied?

Everything we're shooting from here on out will be in HD widescreen, including all the interviews and the MPLS rally/events. However a lot of the footage that happened prior in time will be standard definition (SD) so there is a dilemma to release on Blueray. Still working on those options though.

Already have ideas for the charts/graphs. Nate from The High Tide volunteered to help us with motion graphics.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
07-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I have done some articles on media bias. Mostly Fox as they are the most biased while pretending to be Republican. From my investigations it seems that they are mostly interested in whoever is in power are most likely to be in power.

Fox News Donations (http://ronpaulblogs.com/best-candidate/fox-news-conservative-14000-to-republicans-310800-to-democratic-candidates/) 20 to 1 to Dems

MSM pushing Iran Missle story (http://ronpaulblogs.com/media-bias/mainstream-media-bias-pushes-the-iranian-whitehouse-story/)

Fox News Pushing Huckabee ignoring Paul (http://ronpaulblogs.com/media-bias/fox-pushing-huckabee-as-the-alternative-to-mccain-and-romney/)

Fox News splitting GOP, pushing Clinton (http://ronpaulblogs.com/media-bias/fox-news-shown-to-be-stacking-and-easy-deck-for-their-girl/)

Media Bias Against Paul in March (http://ronpaulblogs.com/media-bias/media-bias-against-ron-paul/)

Those are all from my blog but have links off to other things you may not know about.

If anyone is interested I have screenshots of most of those images in uncut fashion and higher res. Just PM me what you need.

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
good stuff. look up the professor from my earlier post. He had an extensive study on ABC in particular, but all the stations up to that point.
He would also be good to add as a commentator on media, as he has credentials to speak about it.

fr33domfightr
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM

I hope you don't forget the simple stuff. An example was the lack of media attention when 100s of Ron Paul supporters were at the Reagan Library during the Republican debate. There was no media coverage outside, yet when the Dems had their debate in Hollywood, they showed 100s supporting the Democratic candidates, outside on the street!! Heck, we were on the street too, outside the Reagan Library!!!! It's on youtube!!

I just thought of another one. On the day of the caucuses in Nevada, there were 300+ Ron Paul supporters on Las Vegas Blvd., but I don't think the media covered them at all!!!

And in my local city, we were out there with one of our Meetups doing the sign waving thing. A news van drove by and never stopped to record our presence!!!! And we had a big crowd too!!!

FF

RonPaulWisconsin
07-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Excellent! ! !

Any idea when it will be available?

(and Thank You!)

parke
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I think its time for a frosty cola.. Jones cola that is.

AdamT
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
good stuff. look up the professor from my earlier post. He had an extensive study on ABC in particular, but all the stations up to that point.
He would also be good to add as a commentator on media, as he has credentials to speak about it.

Already contacted him and he agreed to an interview. We'll shoot it in NYC sometime in Sept :)

torchbearer
07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Already contacted him and he agreed to an interview. We'll shoot it in NYC sometime in Sept :)

wow- i love it. things in motion. and you- sir- are one of those driving forces.

AdamT
07-22-2008, 10:04 PM
If anyone has any other suggestions for people to interview post them. We have quite a list going right now but I'm sure some won't work out for whatever reason.

I'll start a thread on the doc soon where everyone can get in on it offering suggestions, etc.

Excellent! ! !

Any idea when it will be available?

(and Thank You!)

Hard to say bit at this moment I'm thinking early spring 09. But yeah, I hope it's sooner.

kigol
07-23-2008, 09:28 AM
:)

kg0
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Have you gotten this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsoSX_b4lSo

Truth Warrior
07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
MSM 2007 - 2008. :rolleyes: :p

AdamT
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Have you gotten this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsoSX_b4lSo

Do now :) Thanks.

nelsonwinters
07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
This video was helped promote the Dec. 16 money-bomb, but did an excellent job showing some of the media bias. It helped me overcome my apathy.

Ron Paul - Underdog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDqneN4weE

torchbearer
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
This video was helped promote the Dec. 16 money-bomb, but did an excellent job showing some of the media bias. It helped me overcome my apathy.

Ron Paul - Underdog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDqneN4weE

Good intro material...

Thanehand
07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I should mention that I have high-quality, lossless website screengrabs (PNG format) of most of the online news articles as well as photos of some other things listed on the Ron Paul Timeline if you want any for the video. If there's one you're interested in, let me know. Low-resolution previews of some of them are on my Flickr stream (http://flickr.com/photos/23333447@N02/sets/72157603821856208/).

RonPaulWisconsin
08-01-2008, 06:33 AM
::bump:: For more videos! :)

RonPaulWisconsin
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Just wondering if anybody else has found a good compilation of media bias against Ron Paul?

@AdamT, how is the film coming along?

fr33domfightr
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
FYI,

This morning on Air America Radio, Bill O'reilly was being interviewed. He said he expected some kooks to be at the DNC protesting outside, and that FOX News would not cover them, unless they did something outlandish.

This shows you their bias. If you do something really off-the-wall you get coverage, and really look like a kook. If you protest normally, no coverage.

FF

AdamT
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Just wondering if anybody else has found a good compilation of media bias against Ron Paul?

@AdamT, how is the film coming along?

Nothing's been edited but we've shot footage on the Walk4Freedom and are compiling a massive amount of footage from the campaign in '07 & early '08. We'll be shooting all week in MPLS. We have an all star list of confirmed interviews set up which we will be shooting throughout September during a 3 week road trip. Very exciting!

AstroSamurai
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this one.

constitutional
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Cool...

You must be getting paid by the Campaign right or do you rely on just donations? Either way, I'm excited. :)

RonPaulWisconsin
09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Nothing's been edited but we've shot footage on the Walk4Freedom and are compiling a massive amount of footage from the campaign in '07 & early '08. We'll be shooting all week in MPLS. We have an all star list of confirmed interviews set up which we will be shooting throughout September during a 3 week road trip. Very exciting!

Any further updates, Adam?

RonPaulWisconsin
06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Any updates on the progress of this film?

satchelmcqueen
06-24-2009, 11:39 AM

im almost certain you could ask paul for an interview to put on there as well. that would be nice.

KramerDSP
06-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Everything we're shooting from here on out will be in HD widescreen, including all the interviews and the MPLS rally/events. However a lot of the footage that happened prior in time will be standard definition (SD) so there is a dilemma to release on Blueray. Still working on those options though.

Already have ideas for the charts/graphs. Nate from The High Tide volunteered to help us with motion graphics.

Adam, I have one small favor to ask. I run a blog where we provide subtitles to videos out there, and if there is any way you guys could begin transcribing the film, I'd be happy to get it subtitled for you. At the very least, I'm hoping you guys will keep the Deaf/HofH population in mind. Outfoxed, along with MANY other grassroots documentaries, is not captioned, and I have no access to it as a result. Hopefully, this video will be much more accessible. Looking forward to seeing the final result.