PDA

View Full Version : Fraud Alert (EDIT- Clarified)

ronpaulhawaii
07-21-2008, 07:15 AM
[EDIT - Clarification on this issue received July 24. - Original post/thread follows]

This is a follow up to the $11.91 money bomb to support www.dvds4delegates.com (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/) that went out a few days ago. Jdayh has clarified the whole thing. Support the dvd program if you can. We need Dr. Paul. We need him badly.

----- Original Message ----- From: liberty@coasttocoastmoneybomb.com
To: ...
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:11 AM
Subject: URGENT UPDATE ON DVDS4DELEGATES.....

To all RON PAUL SUPPORTERS Who recently received a letter in regards to the Rolling Money bomb for DVDs4delegates, please read below...

Due to specific FEC regulations regarding the legal structure of the DVDs4delegates program, all donations need to be made directly to the following website www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php)?option=com_dtdonate&task=pre_paypal&Itemid=92

When the original letter went out, this specific information was not known. So, if you feel that this program is worthy of your time, energy, and money please donate generously. Evan Cutler in Alaska, has worked tirelessly for this project, and we wish him and his group the most success possible. If you feel you may have skills that they can use please feel free to contact him about volunteering for the project.
www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php)?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=54

If you have donated under the original pretense that the money was going to dvds4delegates, please feel free to let us know, and we will cheerfully refund your money...IMMEDIATELY AND ON THE SPOT.

The specifics of the original rolling money bomb, have changed somewhat...but the intent is still the same..TO ELECT DR. PAUL AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES via the REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. A different letter will be sent out in about a day on this. Please read it at that time.

Again, we apologize for any confusion, and we wish the DVDs4delegates program all the success in the world.
www.coasttocoastmoneybomb.com (http://www.coasttocoastmoneybomb.com/) will not take any direct roll in the funding of this worthwhile project at this time. All of our fund raising efforts will go toward other specifics in regarding the nomination of Dr. Paul.

Thank-You for your time
Sincerely
Jdayh

PS A NEW EMAIL CLARIFYING how you can Be Part of THE$11.91 for 1191 delegates Rolling Money Bomb w/free Ron Paul Revolution Cola by Jones soda!! TO SUPPORT THE FLOOR NOMINATION OF DR. PAUL AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION!! WILL BE SENT OUT IN ABOUT A DAY! (or less) If you have donated under the original pretense that the money was going to dvds4delegates, please feel free to let us know, and we will cheerfully refund your money...IMMEDIATELY AND ON THE SPOT. If you want a preview as to what the Rolling Money bomb is all about please feel free to go to this website and read about it
http://ronpaulnewspaperads.chipin.com/1191-for-1191-delegates-rolling-money-bomb-wfree-ron-paul-revolution-cola
All money collected will go to the above purposes(in the link) and that is it. If you agree with those then fee free to spread the word. Thank you.

[EDIT - What follows is the original]

This was in my inbox from the DVDs for Delegates project:

Someone who goes by the name ?Jdayh? and the email ?liberty@coasttocoastmoneybomb.com? is trying to take advantage of our recent success and fraudulently trying to collect money from donors in our name (see 2 messages below). We never authorized him/her/them to do this, and they don?t respond to our emails or phone calls so far.
I am sad to have to alert people to this fraud, mentioned above and explained and shown below.

In turn, I ask that you pass on both 1) word of our success, and 2) warnings about the fraud to your own lists and newgroups.

There is only one place to donate if you want to fund this project, and that is via our website, www.dvds4delegates.com (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/). Our PAC is called Constitutional Media Political Action Committee, as one can see on both our mail-in donation forms and by following our payment links to PayPal?s credit card/e-check/paypal acceptance site.

Thanks,

Evan Cutler
Be careful out there people, with the recent success of the r3vmarch, I would imagine we are going to see a new surge of troublemakers...

constituent
07-21-2008, 07:23 AM
goodness, uname thoughtbombing perhaps?

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 07:25 AM
i think my links are all legit in marching orders for lettertogop.com,but ill check to make sure, thanks

ronpaulhawaii
07-21-2008, 07:31 AM
goodness, uname thoughtbombing perhaps?

I'll leave that up to the the sleuths of RPFs... :D

The silver lining in all this is, only a vibrant and growing movement attracts such desperados.

:)

ronpaulhawaii
07-21-2008, 07:39 AM
From the (diplomatic) Treasurer...

While I'm sure the folks initiating the email below only want to help, please DO NOT DONATE TO THEIR CHIPIN. There are very precise FEC regulations and reporting requirements which must be adherred to by the DVDs4delegates project. We've created a PAC and a 527 as the legal entities for all donations, in keeping with these regulations.

Should you care to donate, please do so through our official donation mechanism on our website.

http://www.dvds4delegates.com (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/) Look for the green donate button to the right of the page on this url, click on it and download one of the forms for mailing a check with the completed form or go to the bottom of the page, fill out the questionnaire and click on process donation. This should then take you to paypal to process your donation via either your bank account or a credit card. We don?t get any of your payment information other than the dollar amount.
Should you care to view the promo video with G. Edward Griffin, you can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggu6Xb5Uqk

Thank you so much. Valerie Marquis, Treasurer-DVDs4delegates
valjean16@earthlink.net

Sandra
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
We have been contacted for a delegate list by someone else yesterday for the third time but the donation link just says dvds4delegates.com. That part looks OK. Just curious as to why the info we're sending them keeps disappearing.

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
We have been contacted for a delegate list by someone else yesterday for the third time but the donation link just says dvds4delegates.com. That part looks OK. Just curious as to why the info we're sending them keeps disappearing.

I sent that person to 1210 to ask for delegate list.
She is the same person who posted the 20 threads on here about the DVD4Delegates project.

yongrel
07-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the headsup RPH.

I suppose this means another wave of trolls here at RPF. Bleck.

ronpaulhawaii
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
FTR - This could very well be a well meaning effort. However, one would think they would co-ordinate and communicate with the intended recipient PAC. If this is a well-meaning effort I would suggest the creators contact Evan and Valerie. The emails they have written suggest that any money collected by this second effort cannot be used as advertised.

My forwarding of the alert is neither an endorsement of the DVD project, nor a condemnation of the second effort. I am merely passing on an alert regarding a project that is going forward whether we agree with it, or not. Until this is sttraightened out, the warning stands, (and if this post gets those responsible off their ass to clear this up, that is a good thing.)

Sandra
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Apparently there seems to be too many cooks in the soup. People from everywhere are trying to get delegate info without any central organization. The official organizers need to state who they are and who is supposed to get the info.

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Apparently there seems to be too many cooks in the soup. People from everywhere are trying to get delegate info without any central organization. The official organizers need to state who they are and who is supposed to get the info.

having an organized effort and having individual efforts are good,like in colorado the delegates are getting hit from local and state efforts on top of the dvd4delegates, hit them from all angles i say........... so if someone is acting on their own,then great but this one organizer needs to step up to the plate and claify i guess....

BKom
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM

Be careful out there people, with the recent success of the r3vmarch, I would imagine we are going to see a new surge of troublemakers...

This JDAYH person has been plaguing us in Nevada. He or she refuses to identify himself or herself. I have repeatedly had to ask this person to stop spamming me. And repeated requests for his or her identify have met with silence.

I suggest that anyone spammed by this person attempt to find out who he or she is. And if he or she continues to refuse to tell us who he or she is, we should go directly to the ISP to out this spammer.

Brian Kominsky

raiha
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Good for you RonPaulHawaii for seeing silver linings and sharing them with the rest of us!!
That march was one big silver lining...with sunburn!

constituent
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
my money is on thoughtbombing.

Sandra
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM
There is a JDAYH on DP.

phoenixrising
07-21-2008, 02:05 PM

aloha sandra,

LA was on the list we received at the last meeting that still needed to get the names of delegates & alternates.
torchbearer pointed me in the direction of your m/u after i posted an SOS out here for the missing states & i p'md him as i knew he was from LA. i also posted the missing states & territories in the state/territory section as well -- in hopes that some people may still be viewing their locations.

since posting we have gained 2 missing states, so putting it out to the masses has helped!

& yes the *true donation link* is for dvds4delegates.com...not the one that a multitude of people received for the "rolling money bomb"

ronpaulhawaii--mahalo for posting the scam here!!!

Sandra
07-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks, it was confusing .

Lord Xar
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
That web address is registered to: coasttocoastmoneybomb.com

Registrant:
Melissa Costello

BKom
07-21-2008, 02:28 PM
There is a JDAYH on DP.

It is everywhere all at once. But won't say who he or she is. And has been a delusional royal pain in the behind, as well.

kigol
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
:o

rajibo
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
This Guy?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=146852

revolutionary8
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM
this could very well be a well meaning effort. however, one would think they would co-ordinate and communicate with the intended recipient pac. if this is a well-meaning effort i would suggest the creators contact evan and valerie. The emails they have written suggest that any money collected by this second effort cannot be used as advertised.

yep.
PAC UP.

revolutionary8
07-22-2008, 11:41 PM
This Guy?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=146852

which one?

Oyate
07-23-2008, 12:08 AM
This JDAYH person has been plaguing us in Nevada. He or she refuses to identify himself or herself. I have repeatedly had to ask this person to stop spamming me. And repeated requests for his or her identify have met with silence.

I'll tell you what, in my experience when you start hearing these things, especially in multiple states, your suspicions are usually correct.

And you others are correct, the proper people in the organization need to step up. They can get an investigation started, they can subpoena the ISP where this person's email address is registered, they can follow the path of fraudulently derived funds.

If they can factually determine something's going on, we'll reveal this person to the community and they won't be able to pull their tricks anymore.

ronpaulhawaii
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Bump for clarification

This is a follow up to the $11.91 money bomb to support www.dvds4delegates.com (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/) that went out a few days ago. Jdayh has clarified the whole thing. Support the dvd program if you can. We need Dr. Paul. We need him badly.

----- Original Message ----- From: liberty@coasttocoastmoneybomb.com
To: ***
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:11 AM
Subject: URGENT UPDATE ON DVDS4DELEGATES.....

To all RON PAUL SUPPORTERS Who recently received a letter in regards to the Rolling Money bomb for DVDs4delegates, please read below...

Due to specific FEC regulations regarding the legal structure of the DVDs4delegates program, all donations need to be made directly to the following website www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php)?option=com_dtdonate&task=pre_paypal&Itemid=92

When the original letter went out, this specific information was not known. So, if you feel that this program is worthy of your time, energy, and money please donate generously. Evan Cutler in Alaska, has worked tirelessly for this project, and we wish him and his group the most success possible. If you feel you may have skills that they can use please feel free to contact him about volunteering for the project.
www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/index.php)?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=54

If you have donated under the original pretense that the money was going to dvds4delegates, please feel free to let us know, and we will cheerfully refund your money...IMMEDIATELY AND ON THE SPOT.

The specifics of the original rolling money bomb, have changed somewhat...but the intent is still the same..TO ELECT DR. PAUL AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES via the REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. A different letter will be sent out in about a day on this. Please read it at that time.

Again, we apologize for any confusion, and we wish the DVDs4delegates program all the success in the world.
www.coasttocoastmoneybomb.com (http://www.coasttocoastmoneybomb.com/) will not take any direct roll in the funding of this worthwhile project at this time. All of our fund raising efforts will go toward other specifics in regarding the nomination of Dr. Paul.

Thank-You for your time
Sincerely
Jdayh

PS A NEW EMAIL CLARIFYING how you can Be Part of THE$11.91 for 1191 delegates Rolling Money Bomb w/free Ron Paul Revolution Cola by Jones soda!! TO SUPPORT THE FLOOR NOMINATION OF DR. PAUL AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION!! WILL BE SENT OUT IN ABOUT A DAY! (or less) If you have donated under the original pretense that the money was going to dvds4delegates, please feel free to let us know, and we will cheerfully refund your money...IMMEDIATELY AND ON THE SPOT. If you want a preview as to what the Rolling Money bomb is all about please feel free to go to this website and read about it
http://ronpaulnewspaperads.chipin.com/1191-for-1191-delegates-rolling-money-bomb-wfree-ron-paul-revolution-cola
All money collected will go to the above purposes(in the link) and that is it. If you agree with those then fee free to spread the word. Thank you.

IamVoting4RonPaul
08-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Have you been receiving donations? If so, what is the problem?

[EDIT - Clarification on this issue received July 24. - Original post/thread follows]

[EDIT - What follows is the original]

revolutionary8
08-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Have you been receiving donations? If so, what is the problem?

for us outside 'the political mindset'
please tell us and then explain to us why THIS is not a "problem"-

TIA.

constituent
08-27-2008, 07:33 AM

www.coasttocoastmoneybomb.com will not take any direct roll in the funding of this worthwhile project at this time. All of our fund raising efforts will go toward other specifics in regarding the nomination of Dr. Paul.

rofl.

i thought the coasttocoastmoneybomb/revolution cola, etc., etc., etc., was a btm thing?

my favorite parts:

http://ronpaulnewspaperads.chipin.co...evolution-cola

yup, "thoughtbombing"

The specifics of the original rolling money bomb, have changed somewhat...but the intent is still the same.

the intent is still the same...

of that i have very little doubt.

IamVoting4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 05:17 PM
for us outside 'the political mindset'
please tell us and then explain to us why THIS is not a "problem"-

TIA.

Outside the "political mindset"? What are you, a Stalinist? I am not affiliated with any group but, as a caveat, I do know Jdayh and he's not that hard to find if you have questions for him. I am a Ron Paul supporter who asked a question -- nothing more, nothing less.

I stopped coming to these forums months ago because of the cult-like membership and psycho-analytical BS. Thanks for reminding me that RPF is a "closed shop".