PDA

View Full Version : Need Rules for Every State

TastyWheat
07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I'm researching the delegate counts for each state as well as the rules to see how many bound delegates McCain REALLY has. The 1300 something is way off. Besides the fact nobody is legally obligated to vote for McCain at least 6 states are under no obligation whatsoever to vote for a specific candidate. What I need is the rules from each state's GOP. The GOP convention site and The Green Papers are good references but I've seen discrepancies with them and the states' websites.

So please, post links to any and every state's rules (preferably a pdf).

IPSecure
07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Different laws for different party's?

Hillary said it, but was also wondering... Would she lie?

“There is no such thing as a pledged delegate,” Clinton said at a news conference in California.

The former first lady said she was traveling to North Dakota to thank her supporters and delegates — and wooing Obama supporters was fair game.

Pledged delegates are “misnomer. The whole point is for delegates, however they are chosen, to really ask themselves who would be the best president and who would be our best nominee against Senator McCain,” Clinton said. “And I think that process goes all the way to the convention.”

While the DNC has no rules requiring pledged delegates won in primaries and caucuses to vote for the candidate, the people who serve as pledged delegates are selected by the campaigns who won them and loyalty is a key qualification.

Link (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/03/clinton-there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-pledged-delegate/)

TastyWheat
07-21-2008, 12:15 AM
The Democrats and Republicans don't have the same rules. Besides, I already said we're free to vote our conscience but breaking party rules could get a person banned for life.