Cap
07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Deleted

muzzled dogg
07-20-2008, 07:08 PM
wtf is this used for?

Cap
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I use this bench primarily for reloading my rifle and pistol calibers, I have a separate bench for my shotgun shell reloading.

muzzled dogg
07-20-2008, 07:23 PM
do you carry the bench around wherever you go?

or do you have a shooting range in your garage?

noxagol
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Reloading as in making his own ammo from casings, bullets, powder, and primers.

SWATH
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Cool, you have a urinal for a seat so you don't even have to get up. Just remember to keep your powder dry.

The One
07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
do you carry the bench around wherever you go?

or do you have a shooting range in your garage?

How cool would it be if he did have a shooting range in his garage, though?

muzzled dogg
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
i had no idea

didn't know dude was puttin gunpowder in shells himself

rmodel65
07-20-2008, 11:38 PM
well you learn everyday ;)

Doktor_Jeep
07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
That has got to be the dumbest set of posts I ever saw.

Some of you need to learn how to scroll down a bit. You might have found an informative thread on the topic.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128377

By the way, that is one glorious reloading bench/workstation. Excellent work. I like it so much, I almost want it to use a wet bar in the living room.

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Some of you need to learn how to scroll down a bit. You might have found an informative thread on the topic.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128377

By the way, that is one glorious reloading bench/workstation. Excellent work. I like it so much, I almost want it to use a wet bar in the living room.

This is why we need more appleseeds.
We all need to know these things. We can teach each other, marksmanship, equipment maintenance, and even reloading. Though in a militia, you may have those duties assigned to certain people who work around the clock reloading shells. It would still be good to know.
I'm sure they have reference books that show the proper powder load for each type of weapon.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2008, 08:40 PM

lmao who the fuck fills their own shells? it's like people who plant carrots and pick the weeds and all that shit. why go thru all that shit when you can get organic baby carrots already peeled for like 89 cents. make no sense to me. guess it's a hobby

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
lmao who the fuck fills their own shells? it's like people who plant carrots and pick the weeds and all that shit. why go thru all that shit when you can get organic baby carrots already peeled for like 89 cents. make no sense to me. guess it's a hobby

if hyper-inflation hits, you won't be able to run down to the store and get some "organic" baby carrots. You will need to know how to grow your own.

When hyper-inflation hits, you won't be able to run down to the store and pick up a box of ammo cheaply. You better know how to make your own.

If you want to survive a depression, you better know the essentials in surviving without a currency. When it crashes, we have no meaningful means of exchange, but barter.. so our economy will literally stop.
Be prepared.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
if hyper-inflation hits, you won't be able to run down to the store and get some "organic" baby carrots. You will need to know how to grow your own.

When hyper-inflation hits, you won't be able to run down to the store and pick up a box of ammo cheaply. You better know how to make your own.

If you want to survive a depression, you better know the essentials in surviving without a currency. When it crashes, we have no meaningful means of exchange, but barter.. so our economy will literally stop.
Be prepared.

what are you gonna make ammo out of that you can grow in your backyard?

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
what are you gonna make ammo out of that you can grow in your backyard?

you make bullets out of lead. you find lead, in any form, melt it and mold it.

Mahkato
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
shemdogg, I would advise that you make friends with someone who knows how to reload. If things get rough, you will be glad you know them.

Also, reloading is a LOT cheaper than buying new ammo all the time.

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
actually, my musket and bow would be more sustainable in a complete loss of economy.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
if shit gets rough then it'll be just the shit i was waiting for

then we'd get some shit done

yall bring the ammo, i'll bring the rest, including carrots

Doktor_Jeep
07-22-2008, 01:00 AM

Aww c'mon now. Not everybody is a latte-slurping urban dependant.

And yes I also grow most of my own vegetable (organically, but I like expresso).

This month - I start brewing my own beer too, since I can't find Sam Adams Cream Stout anywhere in this town.

Doktor_Jeep
07-22-2008, 01:01 AM
shemdogg, I would advise that you make friends with someone who knows how to reload. If things get rough, you will be glad you know them.

Also, reloading is a LOT cheaper than buying new ammo all the time.

I have given away enough ammo that at least three guys owe me their sisters.

Ah yes, gather round, ladies. Plenty of Doktor Jeep for all. :D

And then I wake up in a puddle.....

Uriel999
07-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Nice! I can't wait until the day I have my own house with a garage I can fill with toys like these!

Cap
07-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Thank you.

Cowlesy
07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/CapRuger/DSC02489.jpg

I used the standard NRMA plan that is floating around the net. I modified it to fit my needs. Here's a link, if anyone is interested in the plans.

http://dennymac.com/bench/

Hell of a fine bench there Cap!!