PDA

View Full Version : Two Things I Don't Get

SicSemper
07-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I know I'm just repeating stuff, but I gotta let the steam off.
Two things I don't understand:

I am already absolutely sick of seeing McCain and Obama on TV. Why do their opinions on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE matter so much? They haven't even been elected yet, much less even nominated. They have no power to act on any of the current crises on which they are being asked to take a position. Sure politicians make unfounded promises - but for the media to devour them without question is astonishing.

How does the Republican party really think it has a chance with McCain and why do people even support him? He's eerily similar to Bush in addition to and probably partly due to the fact that hes going senile. He mumbles, he slurs his speech, and he has no energy. Issues aside, hes the absolute worst choice to put up against Obama. He barely even knows what email is! Since politics is such a superficial game, I just don't understand the logic of the party in the least.

Oh and next time I meet an Obama supporter I am going to ask them what change they are most looking forward to. I'll most likely be given a very general and regurgitated response. Then I'll counter: If you were giving someone a job interview and they said they wanted to change things, wouldn't you want to know exactly what they wanted to change and if they even knew what they were talking about? I don't understand why people don't see through his empty words.

Well that was three things. But its just a rant, and I know why all of those things are the way they are. I guess I am mainly just astounded at the absurdity of it.

Kludge
07-20-2008, 05:10 PM
I am already absolutely sick of seeing McCain and Obama on TV. Why do their opinions on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE matter so much? They haven't even been elected yet, much less even nominated.

Ugh I know... WTF?! Do they actually think we want to know what their positions are before voting for them?

UGH! What really pisses me off though is when reporters give hypotheticals on stuff that hasn't happened. Like... "What would you do if Iran and Israel went to war with each other?"

Helloooooooo, it doesn't matter.

ladyliberty
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Obama campaign ads give me severe gastrointestinal distress! I can well imagine what sort of "change" he has in store for this country - but if he told anyone about the master plan he would not get elected!